Cyrem

Final Beta 1, which is the next one.

I'm soooooooooooo happy I could explode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! explosion.gif

So when will the next one come out?

-.- I hate it when my computer does this:

"Windows cannot open the folder. The compressed (zipped) folder is invalid"

EDIT: Ok, it works.

When I put an emerge point on a seam it says "ERROR: Emerge can only be placed on dirt, loose and hard".

They should be able to be placed on EC and Ore, AND on recharge seams (for testing with the debugs show that they can emerge from recharge seams), making an indestructable trigger point. Aslo, triggers should be able to be places on walls, because in Frozen Frenzy there are many triggers in the walls of the tunnel going to the TT, waitint to be stepped on.

EDIT: I see that you can only have slow erosion or medium speed pre-erosion.

00 00 - No Erosion

01 00, 03 00, 05 00, 07 00, 09 00 - Squares that only erode on a space adjacent to Lava. 09 00 being most fastest eroding, 01 00 being slowest.

02 00, 04 00, 06 00, 08 00, 0A 00 - Squares that begin eroding at the start of the mission, regardless of whether they are next to Lava or not. 0A 00 being fastest, 02 00 being slowest.

remember, on erode works there are 1's and 2's, but on dont panic, there are 9's. So necxt map you make, please fix this :)

TheEPICtrainrider

Off topic: What is tuto for again?

On topic: I'll have to pass on this one, I don't want to mess up rockraiders while I edit the cfg for the 'Leftover Mod'

I'll try the next on though.

Off topic: What is tuto for again?

On topic: I'll have to pass on this one, I don't want to mess up rockraiders while I edit the cfg for the 'Leftover Mod'

I'll try the next on though.

Tutorial Map, It's used for NPL.

Upon switching to my Eeepc for development on my holiday, I noticed this problem with the menu's popping up. Is thiss happening to anyone else?

In the way that it jumps up, and there's a big gap between the arrow and the menu? Yes, that happens for me for all the menus. I did notice it come into effect a few BETAs ago, and almost said something, but thought it might be intentional. However, it would seem not, judging by your reaction.

I just went through all the old BETAs, and it came into effect on Emerge BETA 2, the same BETA where you implemented the arrow up menu command for the map modes. I'm assuming as you were playing around with menus then, you unintentionally made a big gap in between.

In the way that it jumps up, and there's a big gap between the arrow and the menu? Yes, that happens for me for all the menus. I did notice it come into effect a few BETAs ago, and almost said something, but thought it might be intentional. However, it would seem not, judging by your reaction.

I just went through all the old BETAs, and it came into effect on Emerge BETA 2, the same BETA where you implemented the arrow up menu command for the map modes. I'm assuming as you were playing around with menus then, you unintentionally made a big gap in between.

Thanks Matt. No these gaps are no intentional. Yes I added a new menu system about that time and fixed the positions of the menus. However this gap does not appear on my main computer. I may have to do some fiddling around to find out why.

If I minimize the program and run a different program, the menue jumps up to the work area and stays there. It's a real pain because then you can only select it.

If I minimize the program and run a different program, the menue jumps up to the work area and stays there. It's a real pain because then you can only select it.

What do you mean? When you minimize map creator and say... run notepad it pops back up with a menu?

PowerDefender

Ok im new to map editing im tryin to place buildings but it wont let me?

Plus how do i open original maps to edit them or even save my own and put them in the game? plz help

Ok im new to map editing im tryin to place buildings but it wont let me?

Plus how do i open original maps to edit them or even save my own and put them in the game? plz help

You can't place buildings yet, that is coming in the next BETA (Finial 1). That is why it is grayed out as well as NPL(Final 2) and Map Configuration(V1.0).

To open original maps, goto Open > Import > Original Map. Now depending on what you need to import depends on the map, so lets say you open level one you'll need to select to import Cror (Crystal/ore Map) and High (Height map) before clicking import. You can check by going to the Level folder in the RR data folders and see what *.map files are in the level you need to open.

Since saving/opening isn't in the editor yet, to save an load you'll have to use importing/exporting. The easiest way to save is to click 'Create' and select a folder. It will then produce the needed map files for your level.

Jumping straight into level editing isn't an easy thing to do, it's good to have a look through all the files with the WAD files and experiment first. Also if you wait a few more weeks Map Creator will be complete and I'll have some proper guides written up. When I finish my next project after this (RockLauncher) installation levels will be a matter of downloading the level zip placing the zip in a folder, and selecting the level in Rock Launcher which will start the game. As current installing levels require you to move files around and make edits in the LEGO®.cfg file to make them work and isn't really 'new modder friendly'.

• 3 weeks later...

Give the big C a break, he's pretty busy with things like the Lego Rock Raiders Modmanager (currently at version 0.9.6). It could be worse. He could be coding in assembly language (which I am starting to like).

xD

Give the big C a break, he's pretty busy with things like the Lego Rock Raiders Modmanager (currently at version 0.9.6). It could be worse. He could be coding in assembly language (which I am starting to like).

Since I haven't released a newer BETA yet, I'll just give you the progress on what is done:

• Hotkeys for modes F1-F9 (Surf-Monster).
  • After Import, default mode is surface.
  • Fixed Import z window ordering problem.
  • Removed map name requirement on original import. If no map name is entered it will name it: 'Untitled'.
  • Fixed map name update bug after original import.
  • Allow cancel as skip.
  • Fixed menu's in wrong position bug. It's because Windows overrides the positioning to make sure it's always in view on different resolutions. This makes it difficult to pin point exactly where the menu should appear.
  • Remove restrictions on where to place emerge and trigger points.

Todo Yet:

• Add additional Erode speeds.
  • Add OL Editor.

Not long now to Final 1.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, Cyrem, I think you should add a tutorial on how to use the map creator. It's an epic tool, but some new people won't know how to use it, and some tools are a bit confusing even for me.

Cyrem, with the OL editor, you might need a tool to scan the .cfg for changes because evryone now is adding custom Objects and we need to be able add those custom objetcs like the others.

Cyrem, with the OL editor, you might need a tool to scan the .cfg for changes because evryone now is adding custom Objects and we need to be able add those custom objetcs like the others.

What I was thinking was simpler (for Cyrem) - simply have a list of objects that are in the game by default, and allow an "Add advanced..." that allows you to type your own object name.

What I was thinking was simpler (for Cyrem) - simply have a list of objects that are in the game by default, and allow an "Add advanced..." that allows you to type your own object name.

Well I might do something like that after v1.0 is released. But while it doesn't have that feature you can simply place another object where you would put your custom object and just change the OL after export.

*idea* in the editor, have the object placed like normal, but instead of writing to a .map file, it is to a .ol file. And it is just text, so it should be easy to do. If you don't have the time, I might be able to make one. (I just need to know how exactly the x/y pos and heading values work, im guessing the heading is in degrees.)

• Cyrem changed the title to Map Creator (0.9.11)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.