Cyrem

For your reference, heading is in degrees with north being the 0th degree and going clockwise from there. This is backwards from usual conventions in math and physics but DDI did this because they are silly.

It almost looks like the origin for maps is the upper left corner, with east being the positive X direction and south as the positive Y direction, but the scale for distance is way off. I think it's in squares, but it also uses decimal places...

It's really time for an OL beta. Heck, the OL editor should be the easiest bit!

No, the OL editor is the most time consuming part of the whole project.

*idea* in the editor, have the object placed like normal, but instead of writing to a .map file, it is to a .ol file. And it is just text, so it should be easy to do. If you don't have the time, I might be able to make one. (I just need to know how exactly the x/y pos and heading values work, im guessing the heading is in degrees.)

That's the mode I'm working on now.

O.O really? Are you implementing the CFG scanning? Or is it just hard to get the x and y positions working?

Sorry I made the classic "Clients from Hell" mistake - This should be easy.

O.O really? Are you implementing the CFG scanning? Or is it just hard to get the x and y positions working?

Sorry I made the classic "Clients from Hell" mistake - This should be easy.

CFG scanning, MC doesn't really have a need for that but I've done that in other unreleased programs.

X/Y positions are a pain, same with HEADING. RR doesn't like rounded numbers... and RR reacts differently depending on the value of the decimal place (I'm not talking .1 compared to .7, more like .01 and .1).

So really 30% of it is making it 70% is testing and bug fixing in the OL editor.

Yes, you did make that mistake :P

I think Cyrem has a point. Take a look at how many non-rounded numbers there are in this OL excerpt:

Object1 {
type TVCamera
xPos 29.089382
yPos 47.673790
heading 0.000000
}

Object2 {
type Toolstation
xPos 28.500000
yPos 48.500000
heading 179.999995
}

Object3 {
type Powerstation
xPos 30.500000
yPos 48.500000
heading 179.999995
}

Object4 {
type TeleportPad
xPos 27.500000
yPos 47.500000
heading 179.999995
}

Object5 {
type Geo-dome
xPos 28.500000
yPos 46.500000
heading 89.999998
}

Object6 {
type RockMonster
xPos 26.005278
yPos 43.041527
heading 143.239400
}

Object7 {
type RockMonster
xPos 32.991135
yPos 39.034576
heading 217.724098
}
Lego* {

Yeah, it's pretty bad.

I made a map in "fire n water" but I cant place objects, base. etc. I added this to game, but when I open level, game is stuck in briefing, and I don`t see a starting cavern.

-Which editor is working?

-How to make any objects?

Addictgamer

As Cyrem said, he temporarily removed object adding.

You'll manually have to make a .ol file and add all your objects, including the game camera.

Addictgamer

Create a text file.

Open it up in notepad, and add in all your objects.

Save, and rename it to levelnumber.ol

For examples of how to fill up an OL file, look through the OLs that come with the game.

If you want me to guide you through creation of an OL, feel free to ask.

Addictgamer

Your welcome!

Now, Cyrem, how do I use the tuto editor? Nevermind, I just realized I only have to click the tile.

Ok, I'm gonna be including a basic .ol editor in my cfg editor. It will not check for what else is there, so use it wisely. Why does it not check you ask? Because I don't know how to read the map files, is my answer.

Update. If everything keeps going as well as it is now, Final 1 should be out by Friday.

I'm currently going through each building making sure all the angle are correct with the way they are displayed in the editor.

If everything keeps going as well as it is now

That's what I like to hear. Our fearless leader isn't having many problems, which means more modding possibilities for the future.

Little bit of disappointing news, as I went out most of the day yesterday I've missed a day of development. So this will effect the vehicle section of the OL editor and won't be ready by tomorrow.

However, I'm still intending to release Final 1 tomorrow (as I said I would, without the above). You can place all buildings and custom objects. So, if you must, you can use the custom object to place anything not available.

Final 2(the last BETA) will contain:

- NPL Editor

- Vehicle Menu in OL editor

- Addition erosion speeds

Final 1 Released!

Changes are:

• Hotkeys for modes (F1-F9)
  • After Orginal map import, reset to surface.
  • Fixed Original map Import z order problem
  • Removed map name requirement on Original import.
  • Fixed map name update bug on Original import.
  • Allow cancel as skip on Original Import.
  • Fixed Menus in wrong position.
  • Removed most restrictions on where you could place emerge and trigger points.
  • Startup Image added
  • Custom Object Placement
  • New OL Editor
  • 'Start' changed to 'New'
  • Welcome Message

As stated earlier, the vehicles and other misc objects will come in Final 2. You can use the custom object to place anything not in the menu or anything else you want. There is no collision checking in the object editor, this is how I intended it. This means you can place things on top of other things and bury buildings under walls or over water. There will probably be heaps of bugs, so please report them. Also, the scroll on your mouse controls the angle of the objects.

I can finally relax a bit again...

Download: http://www.rockraidersunited.org/index.php?/files/file/57-map-creator-final-beta-1/

I simply cannot express my excitement with enough smilies or capital letters. So I will spare you a good lot of scrolling and simply say, yay. I can't wait to test this out. Again, yay.

CRITICISM: Buildings, especially the Mining Laser because it's only one square (though it rotates freely so who cares), need some indication of what their heading is. An arrow would be simple enough if the color system that LRR has can't be implemented.

I whipped up a test level with all the buildings sans the BIGTeleport to see if they all show up correctly, then I'll put some buildings on water and lava and see how the game reacts to that. If the Upgrade Station can be placed on the water then that means aquatic vehicles can have upgrades. Then it's up to Foreststrike to make a buildable version.

CRITICISM: Buildings, especially the Mining Laser because it's only one square (though it rotates freely so who cares), need some indication of what their heading is. An arrow would be simple enough if the color system that LRR has can't be implemented.

I whipped up a test level with all the buildings sans the BIGTeleport to see if they all show up correctly, then I'll put some buildings on water and lava and see how the game reacts to that. If the Upgrade Station can be placed on the water then that means aquatic vehicles can have upgrades. Then it's up to Foreststrike to make a buildable version.

I knew that was going to be the first suggestion. Yes Frozen frenzy I believe has an upgrade station over water.

• Cyrem changed the title to Map Creator (0.9.11)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.