Cyrem

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple of questions, and im sorry if i ask too many questions that i need the answer from, i need to know:

- How you change the Rock theme to Lava or Ice

- How you load existing levels(such like Rocky Horror and Back To Basics, those are some of the original levels)

- How you make an own made level go with the map view

If im not clear enough, just say so. I'll try to talk good and clear. :)

How you change the Rock theme to Lava or Ice

The Map Editor is always shown in ROCK Style. You change the style in the LEGO.cfg when you create your own level. There are some lines in the level section that say the Rockfall-Style, the emerging creatures and the textures of the level. Behind those, there's either "ROCK", "LAVA" or "ICE" to set the level textures.

How you load existing levels(such like Rocky Horror and Back To Basics, those are some of the original levels)

Click on 'open' and then go to 'import'. There you click on either "From Folder" or on "Original Game Map". I recommend you to use the first one because you don't have to import the map-files manually. So you click on "From Folder" and then you browse to the directory of your LRR folders (you should have already extracted the WAD files). Go to the folder LegoRR0/Levels/GameLevels (WAD method) or to Data/Levels/GameLevels (DATA method) and select the desired level folder. 

How you make an own made level go with the map view  

That is impossible with the Map Editor yet.

How you change the Rock theme to Lava or Ice

The Map Editor is always shown in ROCK Style. You change the style in the LEGO.cfg when you create your own level. There are some lines in the level section that say the Rockfall-Style, the emerging creatures and the textures of the level. Behind those, there's either "ROCK", "LAVA" or "ICE" to set the level textures.

I dont have the LEGO.cfg file. :(

Well this tool has certainly improved since I last used it, well done Cyrem!

However I started making a large map, and half way through realised I should probably save what I've done so far, but I saved it Map Creator closed itself down. I thought this may be intentional, and a map file was created (at 64KB or something, so it contained data), so opened Map Creator again and loaded the .mcm file I just saved, but it closed again. So I thought this might be because I was running it on XP but the same happens on my 64-bit Windows 7 :/

Is this an issue you know of or am I doing something wrong?

Well this tool has certainly improved since I last used it, well done Cyrem!

However I started making a large map, and half way through realised I should probably save what I've done so far, but I saved it Map Creator closed itself down. I thought this may be intentional, and a map file was created (at 64KB or something, so it contained data), so opened Map Creator again and loaded the .mcm file I just saved, but it closed again. So I thought this might be because I was running it on XP but the same happens on my 64-bit Windows 7 :/

Is this an issue you know of or am I doing something wrong?

Send me the file you saved.

Haven't I told you where to look and what to do?  /:|

Open Lego.cfg

Go to the level's section very far at the bottom (about line 3333, just activate the status bar and deactivate line break).

At first you will see something like:

Tutorial02

{

FullName     2._xxxxxxxxx

}

Tutorial03

{

FullName     3._xxxxxxxxxx

}

These are the tutorial levels. After those (so after Tutorial08) the actual levels (25) are listed, starting with

Level01

{

FullName      Driller_Night

}

Between those brackets ( "{" and "}" ) there are the settings of the level, so also the style of textures.

Let's take the first level (Driller_Night) and transform it to a lava level.

To do so, look between the { and } brackets after Level01. 

You will see another section in the first level that is called

;;;;; SURFACE TYPE ;;;;;

Below that you can see

BoulderAnimation    ROCK

MenuBMP   xxxxxxxx... (not important for that)

TextureSet    Textures::Rock

RockFallStyle   Rock

EmergeCreature   RockMonster

Now change it to:

BoulderAnimation    LAVA

TextureSet    Textures::LAVA

RockFallStyle   LAVA

EmergeCreature   LAVAMonster

Then: Save the cfg and recompile the WAD (WAD method) or ignore that and start the game (DATA method).

Can you follow me now?

Can you follow me now?

Come on, there's no need for that :) To me this suggests the people who are more experienced with Rock Raiders modding haven't made it clear enough? Like Cyrem said in that discussion topic a little while back, it can seem like there are the people who know how to do things and the people who don't, and the do's need to see things from the don't's' (have I arranged the apostrophes correctly?) point of view.

Unless I've interpreted that wrong, in which case I apologise, text-based talk can be difficult to interpret ;)

MrBeingcool

Haven't I told you where to look and what to do?  /:|

Open Lego.cfg

Go to the level's section very far at the bottom (about line 3333, just activate the status bar and deactivate line break).

At first you will see something like:

Tutorial02

{

FullName     2._xxxxxxxxx

}

Tutorial03

{

FullName     3._xxxxxxxxxx

}

These are the tutorial levels. After those (so after Tutorial08) the actual levels (25) are listed, starting with

Level01

{

FullName      Driller_Night

}

Between those brackets ( "{" and "}" ) there are the settings of the level, so also the style of textures.

Let's take the first level (Driller_Night) and transform it to a lava level.

To do so, look between the { and } brackets after Level01. 

You will see another section in the first level that is called

;;;;; SURFACE TYPE ;;;;;

Below that you can see

BoulderAnimation    ROCK

TextureSet    Textures::Rock

RockFallStyle   Rock

EmergeCreature   RockMonster

Now change it to:

BoulderAnimation    LAVA

TextureSet    Textures::LAVA

RockFallStyle   LAVA

EmergeCreature   LAVAMonster

Then: Save the cfg and recompile the WAD (WAD method) or ignore that and start the game (DATA method).

Can you follow me now?

Now im beginning to understand, but are you talking about the original levels, or is this a tutorial for changing the style of your OWN level?

Now im beginning to understand, but are you talking about the original levels, or is this a tutorial for changing the style of your OWN level?

You can do this change to any level, original or custom.

The Soleutator

Quick question (I hope this is the right place): How would you spawn a vehicle with a rock raider already in it?

In the OL file, you need to set it so that the Raider is driving Object(number), the number being the one that is the vehicle.

You have to do this:

Object2 {
        type    Hoverboard
        xPos    8.578496
        yPos    28.591185
        heading    348.541010
    }

Object3 {
        type    Pilot
        xPos    8.578496
        yPos    28.591185
        heading    348.541010
        driving Object2
    }

What we're doing is placing the Rock Raider (Pilot) directly on top of the Hover Scout (Hoverboard) and make sure both are pointing in the same direction (heading). Then we say that the Rock Raider is driving the Hover Scout with the "driving Object2" line. You cannot do this directly in the Map Creator. It must be done in the map's OL file after the level is created. Hint for a new feature, Cyrem...

• Like 2

The Soleutator

You have to do this:

Object2 {
        type    Hoverboard
        xPos    8.578496
        yPos    28.591185
        heading    348.541010
    }

Object3 {
        type    Pilot
        xPos    8.578496
        yPos    28.591185
        heading    348.541010
        driving Object2
    }

What we're doing is placing the Rock Raider (Pilot) directly on top of the Hover Scout (Hoverboard) and make sure both are pointing in the same direction (heading). Then we say that the Rock Raider is driving the Hover Scout with the "driving Object2" line. You cannot do this directly in the Map Creator. It must be done in the map's OL file after the level is created. Hint for a new feature, Cyrem...

Well that's easier than I thought it'd be. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Could you add a feature that allows water to erode (or flood)?

Unfortunately the only way to make flooding is to replace lava with water textures. DDI only gave lava the ability to erode.

Act

Could you add a feature that allows water to erode (or flood)?

Unfortunately the only way to make flooding is to replace lava with water textures. DDI only gave lava the ability to erode.

Actually I think you can with Cafeteria by having it read an extra map file and cfg entry as a special comment.  The in game erosion can be done by changing the values of the surface map under the engine's nose.

• 1 month later...
Hammerkraft

Really thank you!
I search for something like this a lot of years. 

And now I found it.
So, but now: Edit! :D

Hammerkraft

• 1 month later...

I know I already mentioned this, but it would be a great feature to this tool:

Could you please, if you have time and if this even works, add a function that you can edit the size of your maps? And maybe, if that works, that you can choose the side where the added space to be attached at the 'original' size?

That would make editing your own maps (for improvements, changes, ...) much easier!

Thank you  :satisfied:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Cyrem changed the title to Map Creator (0.9.11)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.