Cyrem

It would be cool if we could make a overhaul to make the PC game as close to the PS1 as possible.

I can do that :af:

Wait, you have RtPU. Don't distract yourself!

It would be cool if we could make a overhaul to make the PC game as close to the PS1 as possible.

I can do that :af:

Wait, you have RtPU. Don't distract yourself!

I plan to at least import PS1 maps in as parts of bigger maps in the RtPU. I wouldn't distract myself, just use this as a chance to study for when I have a chance to make PS1 PS LRR

• 1 month later...

I'm new to this whole RR modding thing... can anyone explain to me how to gain the ability to save new maps that I've created? It says to me that the save feature is not available in the beta.

I am also new to this. All i know is you cant save, but you can export it. And i dont know where to export. :( I have trouble.

Addictgamer

I am also new to this. All i know is you cant save, but you can export it. And i dont know where to export. :( I have trouble.

Doesn't matter where you export it :)

You will have to, though, rename the files as desired then place them wherever you're telling the cfg to look.

• 5 weeks later...

Doesn't matter where you export it :)

You will have to, though, rename the files as desired then place them wherever you're telling the cfg to look.

I think he meant where's the export button :P

I would also like to report an absolutely horrible glitch that caused me to lose one of my custom maps :(

If you click "place game camera" but then click on the dropdown menu and select something else, ex. Surface, if you go back to the buildings/objects option, the Game Camera button is grayed out, I thought perhaps I had accidentally already placed it, but when I click export it brings up the error message "You must place the game camera before exporting" I've tried everything I can think of, but still no luck :( please fix this glitch.

If you click "place game camera" but then click on the dropdown menu and select something else, ex. Surface, if you go back to the buildings/objects option, the Game Camera button is grayed out, I thought perhaps I had accidentally already placed it, but when I click export it brings up the error message "You must place the game camera before exporting" I've tried everything I can think of, but still no luck :( please fix this glitch.

Thanks for the report. You can easily fix this. Export the map and open the .ol file that it exports and remove the section for Game Camera. Then re-import the map.

Thanks for the report. You can easily fix this. Export the map and open the .ol file that it exports and remove the section for Game Camera. Then re-import the map.

but the problem is I can't export it, and unfortunatly I didn't export before I finished...

Then export the map and make a new ol file for it.

I can't export it!

And what's preventing you from exporting anything else?

I can't export it!

...?

Well since you can't give a reply I'm going to assume nothing.

So once more: export all the map files for that map and then make a new ol file for it.

I can't export it!

...?

So once more: export all the map files for that map and then make a new ol file for it.

(Skype)

This...is nowhere near a valid reply. Stop it with the spam posts and say something.

This...is nowhere near a valid reply. Stop it with the spam posts and say something.

I said to you in skype "hey Lair, lets chat in here before we clog up the MC topic." OH WELL I GUESS THAT'S KINDA OUT OF THE PICTURE. >_>

Posts that are less than five words like "(Skype)" or "...?" are generally considered spam and will most likely be deleted. If you need to carry on a conversation but don't know how to do it through forum posts, use the Private Messaging system.

Posts that are less than five words like "(Skype)" or "...?" are generally considered spam and will most likely be deleted. If you need to carry on a conversation but don't know how to do it through forum posts, use the Private Messaging system.

Yes sir I will do that (that's more than five words right? :P)

In each tab there is an options button. In those option you can export each individual map file. Do this for all apart from the OL.

Hey Cyrem, joev14 requests that the "Fill All: Hidden Caverns" option only fill in spots with Water, Lava and Ground (whether that be 00 or 05) and not over all the walls like it does. I don't know if this is possible though, but if it is and you do it, please don't remove the option entirley to place hidden caves and slug holes on top of walls; I like having random slug holes appear while drilling.

Also there's that annoying issue with the MC recognizing 05 as being ground when it's really dirt and ground is defined by the dugg map but then if you try to make it defined by the dugg map it's way to complex but otherwise dirt in many old maps vanishes and ARGH 8S

• 1 month later...

Sorry about that extremly long hiatus, my computer was down for quite a long while.

I can't export it!

...?

I can actually answer that for him. You need to place a camera before you export, unfortunately.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi folks, ive got a problem with this tool.

It starts and shows the UI with all the controls but it stays black where it should show the map.

Also if i drag the window out of the desktop border it says "Invalid Floating point operation".

My graphics card is an ATI Radeon HD 5870, if its a graphics bug, and my OS is Win7 x64.

EDIT: Found the solution. It was a wrong setting in my vision control center

• 2 weeks later...

I have been working on moding maps for about a year new(I have been on the forms for a month or to) but with the map editor there is the save button on the top but it said "save is disabled in beta" when are you going to enable it if you are not going to enable that please remove the button

To save you just export the map to a folder, then open the files again when you want to edit the map. The actual save feature would probably save a single file that contains all of the map data rather than splitting it across several files.

To save you just export the map to a folder, then open the files again when you want to edit the map. The actual save feature would probably save a single file that contains all of the map data rather than splitting it across several files.

I would think you could save it like when you inport you name each one and can replace the old ones and I know you can rename a copy the new files from exporting over the old ones and you can chang the file pathes in the confing to make the defalt save name work.

• Cyrem changed the title to Map Creator (0.9.11)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.