My 3D Modeling (Not Good At It At All) (Not Good At It Yet That Is)

Addictgamer

Well, I have taken up 3d modeling to waste my time...

here's my first creation, mainly just to explore blender.

1260962453.png

That one looks like some kind of weird creature to me. Has two eyes, a cube bottom, and 2 arms.

1261035089.png

This was caused by exploring. Look pretty weird to see a monkey popping out of a cylinder.

1261096972.jpg

A TV on the moon.

1262673408.jpg

I've improved, followed a tutorial. Written for a old version of blender, which made the process much harder.

I hope to improve soon. Maybe, a month or two...

Will probably add more as I work on them. Which is when I have nothing better to do :P

It is a blob of meshes. Just happened to look like a figure when I rendered the scene and fiddled with the camera and lighting.

It is a blob of meshes. Just happened to look like a figure when I rendered the scene and fiddled with the camera and lighting.

Did you add a NURBS sphere? NURBS is hard to work with, it's better to use a UVsphere (Add>Mesh>UVsphere)

No. I added who knows what, but was able to recreate it a couple times to make this weird shape. Looks sorta like a pacman with arms and a cube bottom. And a mouth that is a shiny indent.

Cirevam and Masterchief are the only ones of whom I know to be proficient (Wait, was that correct grammar? >_> ).

Addict, good luck with the car. You know how to use editmode right? (Oh, and sadly the one thing the blender tutorials don't cover very well is modelling, which is the hardest part :( )

I know, the tutorials in general are low quality in my opinion. I'm just better off trying everything for myself.

Modeling eh...

And, ya, edit mode I know.

But I don't know how to use textures and such.

I know, the tutorials in general are low quality in my opinion. I'm just better off trying everything for myself.

Modeling eh...

And, ya, edit mode I know.

But I don't know how to use textures and such.

Textures are only to be bothered with once the model is perfect... I think....

Either way, if your model isn't perfect, you have the texture pretty much perfect and you then make some tweaks to the model, you have to fix up the texture too, and that can be quite annoying... I think...

I found out.

Anyway, the ui is now a snap!

And modelling is actually fun!

Well, I'm using a tutorial and adding some touches to make a Christmas card.

TheEPICtrainrider

Ya, the frame didn't render for some reason. I still didn't figure out why though.

And (if you don't mind me asking) what's going on the Christmas card?

TheEPICtrainrider

Idk yet, but here's my idea so far.

Snow and trees, some instruments *hard to do...*, a band stand, and...text...

From Eagle's post I thought you were going to make a snow man.

• 3 weeks later...

All you models are really good. I took the snowman tutorial, and I'm making my own now. It looks a lot better, and has parts other that 2 eyes and a nose. xD

:)

Goodluck with it.

As my blog says, I'm working on a 3D dwarf fortress project for one of my succession games.

I hate modelling from scratch, especially since all the tutorials I have found so far are outdated.

I need you honest opinion on how it's looking right now:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.