Hoithebest

[Open source] LEGO Racers Online + LEGO Racers API

mumboking
17 minutes ago, aidenpons said:

Another remake bites the dust....

l405G.jpg

Remake? It's a online multiplayer program.

Hoithebest

I actually still think often about this project, at least once a week. I want to complete it, but it's not a fun project to create actually.

There is a pretty strong foundation (the API) though, but it still is a pain in the ass to develop.

One of the reasons I started developing less on this was because I didn't know how to implement logic when more than two players would participate.

What character is what players when there are three, four, five or even six players? Still haven't figured that out.

Actually, I visit this topic and forum quite often to see if there are any people wanting to participate in coding, but unfortunateley no one is interessed (or skilled enough) to do so.

I might dive into it some time maybe. I hope. :)

LimeKiller

I don't have much to offer but encouragement: I think this is the coolest thing ever and I love how much you've already done. Please don't get too discouraged if people aren't helping -- I would love to but I don't have the skills whatsoever! I don't know -- I just wanted to let you know your efforts are not unappreciated.

kapitein knoest

Just coming by this forum to see how active this topic is (been a while). Too bad to see that it's not really continuing, I unfortunately don't have the skills to do anything useful :(

Grander61

hey is anyone still active at this forum. I'm always checking this forum and see what is going on here.

Jessietail
6 hours ago, Grander61 said:

hey is anyone still active at this forum. I'm always checking this forum and see what is going on here.

boo

CaptainGolem

So I guess this is yet another promising project that went into the trash? Dang, I hate things that never get finished, especially when it's something as big as this.

Grander61
20 hours ago, CaptainGolem said:

So I guess this is yet another promising project that went into the trash? Dang, I hate things that never get finished, especially when it's something as big as this.

me too

On 1.02.2016 at 11:36 PM, Hoithebest said:

I actually still think often about this project, at least once a week. I want to complete it, but it's not a fun project to create actually.

There is a pretty strong foundation (the API) though, but it still is a pain in the ass to develop.

One of the reasons I started developing less on this was because I didn't know how to implement logic when more than two players would participate.

What character is what players when there are three, four, five or even six players? Still haven't figured that out.

Actually, I visit this topic and forum quite often to see if there are any people wanting to participate in coding, but unfortunateley no one is interessed (or skilled enough) to do so.

I might dive into it some time maybe. I hope. :)

Are you still there Hoithebest?

Grander61
On 14.10.2016 at 9:40 PM, Ringtail said:

gUhJ2KB.jpg

i was joking you imbecile (nice fan art)

Grander61

mvon793io1c8.png                                         I will see you on lego racers Online.                                                             Grander61 VS RingTail 

Hoithebest

I'm still here sometimes, but currently I'm just too busy with other things and apps. I'm currently learning C++ which is a lot more low level which will definitely makes things I made a few years ago a lot clearer when I dive into this project again. I still hope sometimes that I will pick up this project and finish it. :)

kapitein knoest

I'll still keep checking this every once in a while, even if it takes more years, I'm still excited to see that there's still chance that it's still happening :)