[Open source] LEGO Racers Online + LEGO Racers API

Hoithebest

I actually still think often about this project, at least once a week. I want to complete it, but it's not a fun project to create actually.

There is a pretty strong foundation (the API) though, but it still is a pain in the ass to develop.

One of the reasons I started developing less on this was because I didn't know how to implement logic when more than two players would participate.

What character is what players when there are three, four, five or even six players? Still haven't figured that out.

Actually, I visit this topic and forum quite often to see if there are any people wanting to participate in coding, but unfortunateley no one is interessed (or skilled enough) to do so.

I might dive into it some time maybe. I hope. :)

I don't have much to offer but encouragement: I think this is the coolest thing ever and I love how much you've already done. Please don't get too discouraged if people aren't helping -- I would love to but I don't have the skills whatsoever! I don't know -- I just wanted to let you know your efforts are not unappreciated.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
kapitein knoest

Just coming by this forum to see how active this topic is (been a while). Too bad to see that it's not really continuing, I unfortunately don't have the skills to do anything useful :(

• 1 month later...

So I guess this is yet another promising project that went into the trash? Dang, I hate things that never get finished, especially when it's something as big as this.

20 hours ago, CaptainGolem said:

So I guess this is yet another promising project that went into the trash? Dang, I hate things that never get finished, especially when it's something as big as this.

me too

On 1.02.2016 at 11:36 PM, Hoithebest said:

I actually still think often about this project, at least once a week. I want to complete it, but it's not a fun project to create actually.

There is a pretty strong foundation (the API) though, but it still is a pain in the ass to develop.

One of the reasons I started developing less on this was because I didn't know how to implement logic when more than two players would participate.

What character is what players when there are three, four, five or even six players? Still haven't figured that out.

Actually, I visit this topic and forum quite often to see if there are any people wanting to participate in coding, but unfortunateley no one is interessed (or skilled enough) to do so.

I might dive into it some time maybe. I hope. :)

Are you still there Hoithebest?

mvon793io1c8.png                                         I will see you on lego racers Online.                                                             Grander61 VS RingTail 

I'm still here sometimes, but currently I'm just too busy with other things and apps. I'm currently learning C++ which is a lot more low level which will definitely makes things I made a few years ago a lot clearer when I dive into this project again. I still hope sometimes that I will pick up this project and finish it. :)

kapitein knoest

I'll still keep checking this every once in a while, even if it takes more years, I'm still excited to see that there's still chance that it's still happening :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.