In regards to the license text capacity

Noob Slayer

I've found the file that contains the maximum character capacity for the license: /MENUDATA/DRVRLICE.MIB.
There are several k_33 (this IS the text maximum length, I'm sure of it!) entries.
The first one is zero, the second one is 13 . . . but there are two values for the third entry. They are both zero.
I changed the second one from 13 to 20, and was able to change my character from Veronica Volt to Veronica Voltage.
Upon saving my changes, I received a "memory could not be written" error.
Does anybody have any clue as to how we can fix this?

So basically we just have to experiment.
I can do that! :P

EDIT: My guess is that something is dictating a limit for the text capacity. Either it's hard-coded, or it's contained within this file.
I've been screwing around, but so far the maximum capacity I've been able to reach is 14. 15 and up are no-go.

EDIT #2: Upon further research, I was able to go up to 15 when the font was changed to font_ths instead of font_emb. Aside from that, this is a very tough nut to crack. If anyone's willing to assist, I'm sure I'd be able to crack this with someone much better at modding than I. NOTE: what I changed in DRVRLICE.MIB is highlighted in the image.

untitled.JPG

Edited by musiclover350
More information to add

• 5 years later...

Hi, I was wondering if anyone here has made any recent developments in lengthening the drivers license name capacity.
I am trying to acheive the same end-goal as the OP; I'd like to write out Captain Redbeard, Johnny Thunder, Baron von Barron, Veronica Voltage, etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.