Xiron (a LRR map)

aidenpons

Make a map shaped like my username.

Whoopsie-do, guess I didn't pay attention to the strikethrough. My bad. l405G.jpg

We have discovered a very oddly shaped cavern, and we don't know what's in it. The walls seem to make letters: X, I, R, O, and N. Plus, there's one cavern at the end. All we know about that last cavern is that it's rich in Energy Crystals. I've set you the lofty task of getting one hundred and fifty from these caverns: can you do it, Rock Raider?

(This level overwrites Level13, Rock Hard)

gallery_7851_476_130008.jpg

(note: the crystal bar on the side is outdated; you need 150. I just haven't updated the screenshot, that's all.)

gallery_7851_476_187122.jpg

(click for larger image)

Here the camera's outdated, but I'm fairly certain nobody cares about that. The last cavern is not photographed because SPOILERS. l405G.jpg

Manual: (includes Scorpion which may or may not need to be changed)

http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/153

Cafeteria: (Scorpion is replaced with Bat to serve you right inebl.jpg

http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/156

To install:

MANUAL:

FIRST, rename the folder to "Level13," without quotes nor the comma. Just Level13.

Then stuff the folder in your Levels/GameLevels and tell it to merge the folders and replace any files it comes across. In there's a .txt document named "CFG.txt." Overwrite the part of the cfg which talks about Level13 (Line 5420 ish) with that.

YOU MUST HAVE THE SCORPION INSTALLED.

Or, if you don't, just find the .ol and replace "Scorpion" with "IceMonster" or something that sounds nice. Even LargeDigger, if you're feeling pathetic. l405G.jpg

CAFETERIA:

Stuff the .wadp anywhere you like and tell Cafeteria to load it.

Something didn't work? Crash on startup? Crash on end of level loading screen? Rant at me in any way you feel sufficient. l405G.jpg

Here be the ObjectiveText, but frankly all you need to know is that you must collect 150 Energy Crystals. Don't be alarmed if you've only got 50 and got one cavern left. Also, it is kinda spoiler-ish... so yeah, just remember that you need to get 150 of those crystals.

It's designed to be pasted in at Level13, which this level obviously uses. However, I'd advise you not to do this because it contains spoilers. inb4 everybody opens spoilers l405G.jpg

[Level13]

Objective:        We have discovered a very oddly shaped cavern, and we don't know what's in it. The walls seem to make letters: X, I, R, O, and N. Plus, there's one cavern at the end. All we know about that last cavern is that it's rich in Energy Crystals. aI've set you the lofty task of getting one hundred and fifty from these caverns: can you do it, Rock Raider?

Failure:            Hard luck, Rock Raider. What went wrong? We didn't detect much non-raider movement...

Completion:            I was watching you in that last stand with the race against time as well as Ice Monsters. I don't know if I'd have handled it as resourcefully as you would have. Good job, Rock Raider!

CrystalFailure:        Why does this line exist?

DIFFICULTY:

Using Insane, hectic, and prone to restarts (I've had to do this, and I made it) if you fail to do certain things.

Using Far easier, but still challenging.

Using the original version: Booooring... (no seriously, the difficulty comes from the monsters. I've never wanted erosion to be a major part in my little mod) Playing this with vanilla LRR will simply be another long level in which you strip-mine everything and yell at your Loader Dozers for being killed by landslides.

Oh, and install those other mods FIRST, then this map, or you'll overwrite my map with the Level13 that's in there.

Landslides, you asked?

Yep.

Don't worry... they're not too deadly except they'll annoy you because of the- *claps hand over mouth* l405G.jpg

If you're playing this with my mod...

... good luck. You'll need it. :smug:

• Like 4

Fluffy Cupcake

Wow, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the first RR map based off a member's username.

Heh, thanks for making a map off my name aiden! I'm definately going to have to play this one sometime.

sometime.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH

According to your "Awards" section you have LRR.

I see no reason why you shouldn't start playing it now. l405G.jpg

What now? Do you expect people to come up and go "...make an LRR map based on my username"? 4S08hNx.png But seriously, interesting concept.

His name fits quite well: it's fairly easy to model (the R was a bit of a nuisance) and it's short. Lemme see... I relocated my base three times in that game because it was already too far a distance from the Ore to my Ore Refinery.

My name would be far, far too long: moving your base so many times would become a hassle. Plus, I've got to think of Recharge Seams: they've got to be early on in the level or else I'm just being too evil. Furthermore, I know for a fact from another level of mine that raiders don't always go to the closest Recharge Seam they can find. Even on this map, the Recharge Seam is very far away and it's a nuisance. I've also seen from Baz's Mod that if there are too many Recharge Seams, Rock Raiders won't recharge their crystals and will just do what they do if there isn't one on the map: stand holding the crystals alternating between sleeping and recharging crystals (as in their bubble).

Still... I can be persuaded. l405G.jpg inb4 Cyrem "My name's also five letters...."

Fluffy Cupcake

According to your "Awards" section you have LRR.

I see no reason why you shouldn't start playing it now. l405G.jpg

I see it. It is a hassle to get it working.

1) I don't have it installed on my computer right now.

2) To get it to work on my computer I would have to do some software downgrading on my graphics driver, which I'm not really fond of doing.

2) To get it to work on my computer I would have to do some software downgrading on my graphics driver, which I'm not really fond of doing.

Software downgrading? Surely not! You're not using a Radeon, are you? Everything else works fine... I think? Even so, with a Radeon it's either "you can run it or you can't" and nothing really changes anything.

I've never heard of needing to downgrade drivers for Rock Raiders...

This sounds interesting. And fun. Can we get a bird's eye view of the map? :P

You mean the view of the entire level from Map Creator or something? Or just a screenshot that has been Zoomed Out by about 25000x? l405G.jpg

In any case, I wouldn't show you the final cavern and even if I did, you wouldn't be seeing half of what happens there... I'll leave it at that. l405G.jpg Also, if it's the latter...

... no.

That map took me three hours to complete, and that included a restart from stuffing up at the beginning (it's very easy to do that l405G.jpg) So I'll stick with the Map Creator, if that's fine by you.

The problem that I've just found is that the Map Creator has fixed boundaries, meaning I need to take several screenshots and stitch them all together.

Nevertheless, watch this space.

EDIT:

gallery_7851_476_187122.jpg

I had to buy a laptop because it's not possible to downgrade my R9. :buh:

Or you pull a Pons and hoard your old XP machines from the past. (We've one that's 10+ years old: somewhat amusingly, it's the only one that hasn't needed a re-installation from losing system files l405G.jpg

Also, I'm considering upping the crystal quota to 200 instead of 150... but I'm not quite sure how well this would work as it might not actually be obtainable due to a couple of glitches that LRR has regarding crystals.

• Like 1

inb4 Cyrem "My name's also five letters...."

Mine has five characters too (le717). :3

I'll have to play this (eventually), maybe it won't take me 3.5 hours to complete. xD

Can you package this as a Patchman! Cafeteria package for those of us who are lazy follow standards? :P

Can you package this as a Patchman! Cafeteria package for those of us who are lazy follow standards? :P

*sees "Cyrem thanked this" *

D:

ALL RIGHT HIGH MASTER

I WILL OBEY

l405G.jpg

I don't see why you can't just grab your Levels folder, chuck them in there, and stuff the... STUFF in the .cfg... but okay....

SLAVERY l405G.jpg

Alright, finally it's done for Cafeteria.

I replaced the Scorpion with the Bat, since that serves you right for not playing on vanilla LRR. l405G.jpg You can go into the ol and find it if you like: it's the last object there.

The ObjectiveText hasn't been replaced since I can't be bothered. l405G.jpg

EDIT: Okay, I'm an idiot and never noticed the line "ObjectiveText." New download here: http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/156

• 4 years later...

Updated the map once again, partly for the Custom Level Cafeteria Framework and also because there were some really bad design decisions I wanted to fix. Also partly because I thought I could make it harder. :P Now contains more ways to annoy you. Also massively removed crystals: objective is now 80, down from 150.

Note: It's highly reccomended every so often (two letters?) you move your base along. Teleport up your Tool Store and build a new one. Just saves all your vehicles from going aaaaaaages away.

Download!

• 1 year later...
I just finished this map today, and it’s hard but after several attempts I managed to get the 80 crystals. I teleport my base 3 times.

Very good map:)

• 1 month later...
nudelauflauf

Hello ?
This map crashes after ~10 minutes, if i turn on the alarm and give them the sonic blaster. Do i have to use the english version of LRR? I'm using the german version btw.

6 hours ago, nudelauflauf said:

Hello ?
This map crashes after ~10 minutes, if i turn on the alarm and give them the sonic blaster. Do i have to use the english version of LRR? I'm using the german version btw.

That sounds like more a Sonic Blaster or LRR crash issue in general, as opposed to something with the map itself. I don't think the language should make a difference - I'm not aware of any crashes relating to English mods on German language, but LRR always has surprises for us (and those surprises are usually along the lines of "game crash").

To put it another way, if you turn on the alarm and give them the Sonic Blaster on other maps, does the game still crash?

16 hours ago, nudelauflauf said:

Hello ?

Try this version of the game ( french or english ) The problem with sonic blaster is fixed ? (and all fan maps are already included)

nudelauflauf
5 hours ago, phenix8fr said:

Try this version of the game ( french or english ) The problem with sonic blaster is fixed ? (and all fan maps are already included)

I tried this version and it works sometimes. :DIn the mission "unknown creatures" are some bugs:

1. It's the alarm and sonic blasters combination again. But this time the game crashed after 15 min.

2. On the left side of the map some monsters are sleeping. If you wake them up the game freezes sometimes for a moment and then the game crashes.

I tried it all three drivers on LRRCE.exe.

The game is not perfect, and crash sometime for nothing .  i have fixed the monster wake up freeze for some level but for "unknown creatures" i never try it,  i need try to finish the level

And you can finish the game without sonic blaster, this object is broken.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.