A Idea

TheEPICtrainrider

TheEPICtrainrider

It was a average day at work. The clock read twelve o'clock, and I was sitting on the bench ageist the only wall in the Main Concourse. The Main Concourse is at the far left of the building, and got it's namesake by being the main intersection of the Industrial Center. There were two hallways jutting out at forty five degree angels from the center, as well as another running through the lower half. It was a giant pentagon, with other hallways leading off on every side, except for the base. The Main Concourse is two stories high, and has office windows looking out from above the four hallways. The 'base' of the pentagon that is the Main Concourse, is the wall that separates us from the Rail yard; it also has big industrial windows on the upper part.

All types work at the Industrial Center, we have scientists, labor workers, doctors, lawyers and even a veterinarian! But in recent years the Center has leaned more into the research department, which is the only reason I'm here.

I finished my sandwich and tried to come to terms to what I just heard... How could my coworkers agree to what this company is going to do? How could we be reduced to such madness? Use a limitless power for... for... senseless violence? Instead of saving lives they thrive to destroy them? But... What can I, a 40 year old nerd, possibly do to stop a powerful company?

I got distracted from my thoughts as the ground rumbled... I looked up at the windows on the wall, and saw a bright light. As the ground shook harder, people started to scream. A cart of experimental explosives get tossed to the side as the worker ran for cover. I got up to retrieve the canisters that had rolled to the far side of the Concourse, assuming that this was just a experimental rocket testing, which was a normal occurrence and people usually over reacted.

Suddenly there was a ear deafening sound, a cross between gun shot and a building demolition, that was send through out the room. I was thrown to the side, and was too scared to move. My vision flickered for a few seconds, until it finally came into focus. And I wish it hadn't. What I saw before me was one of the locomotives I had seen in the rail yard all the time, and now it was in the middle of the Main Concourse.

This was no rocket testing.

My lip was bleeding, but it was nothing to be worried about. I got up to secure the cargo, because protocol said "In the event of a train derailment, secure the cargo first, then treat the workers."

I was already on my knees when I saw that, not only one locomotive had crashed through the wall, but two. And another locomotive was behind the first two. Which was strange because there was never more then one locomotive on one track in the yard (this was due to safety reasons). This means that someone wanted the train to crash...

By hypothesis was confirmed when the doors to the second locomotive's cab burst open. A man with shot gun jumped out and discharged his fire arm. He yelled into the air "EVERYBODY DOWN NOW!" I heard a similar cry from the other side. I jumped to the side, but my aim was off and I landed on a piece of the front from the first locomotive. I could now see that the once gleaming wedge shaped front of the engine was now crushed into a metal monster. My side hurt and my lip started to bleed, but I had been in the South Bend hostage situation back in '92. This would all be over soon. These men probably want some money or are just disgruntle former employees and won't kill anyone... hopefully.

But as I prepared my mind for the mental anguish of laying on the floor for 6 hours while the SWAT team arrives, I heard something that turned my blood to ice... "Where's Professor Adepton?" To hear my name being shouted by one of the terrorists was the worst thing that ever happened to me. I knew I had to give my self up, To save the lives of everyone here. I slowly raised my hand....

"Stand up, turn around, and walk slowly towards me." I followed the terrorists instructions, bracing myself for the lead to pass through my body. As I took my final steps, the strange man took out another gun, this one a pistol, and aimed it at my heart while storing the other on the floor. Once I was close enough, he told me to turn around. I did so. The man took his left arm and got me in a head lock, pointing the gun at my head with the other. My hand instinctively grabbed his arm as it rapped around my jugular. I felt the cold steel of the gun, borrowing into the side of my head. I started to cry. If it had not been for my atheism I would have started to pray to god. I could see my loved ones looking over my body at my funeral. I braced myself, thinking of my loved ones, tears welling up in my eyes. I whimpered as I heard the sound. But no pain came... What I thought was a gunshot was really the terrorist yelling to, I think, another terrorist. God if he's going to shoot me why doesn't he just do it?

I was confirmed again when a more skinny terrorist came over from the other side of the locomotives dividing the room. This one, I presume was woman, came over and began to... search my pockets? These terrorists came all this way to mug a scientist? I saw her giggle when she pulled out my keys and saw that I had a Lego Minifig key-chain. My strange obsession with the child's toy had affected me when I was little, and would inspire me to become a scientist when I grew up. And every now and then I still enjoy to play with the little plastic bricks and pretend to be somewhere different. But all my peers mocked me because of it, and now so do terrorists.

The terrorist found my wallet, and said to the man holding me, "It's him." (Her voice confirmed she was a woman.) She showed the wallet to the man holding me. Apparently they wanted to confirmed that I was who I said I was, and my ID, which was in a clear photo holder, did just that.

The Woman then yelled "OKAY! IF YOU WANT THIS MAN TO NOT BE FULL OF BULLETS, THEN LEAVE RIGHT NOW, AND DON'T LOOK BACK!" I'm being held hostage? What the fffffuuuuuu......????

My head was throbbing as I was dragged down the hall. The past events were swarming my brain. I was involved in a train crash, terrorist act, and taken hostage. Who would have thunk that a hour ago I was writing a document on how it is possible to create new elements using chemicals and incorporating nuclear fission, and now being dragged down a empty hallway, in a headlock, by three armed terrorists?

The one holding me made a sharp turn and ran into a room, I was thrown to the tiled floor, and was pushed up ageist the wall. My glasses had slipped off my nose, so my vision was blurred. My arm rested on something hard and white. I saw what looked like a had come towards me, holding something thin and black. They rested the thing on my nose, and I thank god they returned my glasses. I started to think of a way out, when my surroundings came into view. The terrorists had chosen the one place where nobody in this building would look.

They chose the men's room.

Comment if you like, and want some more.

lol. For a second, I thought this was real life. In fact, I still think it happened in real life.

Nice story.

Keep the updates coming

TheEPICtrainrider

lol. For a second, I thought this was real life. In fact, I still think it happened in real life.

Nice story.

Keep the updates coming

It's fiction, the main character was inspired by the fiction character Gordan Freeman, and I'm going to continue it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.