High-Poly Teleport Pad

PWNZOR

large.HPTeleportPad.jpg.e79a081027503bc928d54dcafa8d36b0.jpg

Download here (Manual) / Cafeteria Patch

I updated the Teleport Pad with the newer model as a result of the Super Teleport. Just paste the LWO files from the download into Buildings/Teleports and you should be good to go.

If anyone wants to make a Cafeteria patch or help me make one, that'd be awesome. Thanks Cyrem!

Old topic contents:

Spoiler

High-Poly Teleport Pad

Replaces the original low-poly Teleport Pad with a newer high-poly model!

Download

Cafeteria Patch (0.9.3+)

Manual Install Files

[ This is an a re-post of an older mod that never had a topic. ]

This one caused me a little suffering because as I found LRR doesn't have an LWO file for the teleport pad in the Buildings folder on a default install. This caused the game to crash for me on any resolution higher than 640x480. Downloads have been updated to have the LWO in the buildings folder as well, which fixed the issue for me.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
Fluffy Cupcake

There is a mistake in the manual download. The files under the Building folder are the exact same ones under /World/Shared/, which results in not-so-much high polly. (heck, even telepad.lwo is there, and that normally only appears in Shared)

P.S. Also, all your images are broke.

• 2 years later...
On 11.11.2015 at 9:55 AM, Xir said:

There is a mistake in the manual download. The files under the Building folder are the exact same ones under /World/Shared/, which results in not-so-much high polly. (heck, even telepad.lwo is there, and that normally only appears in Shared)

P.S. Also, all your images are broke.

Hmm, the Cafeteria version looks also not so high Polly.

Cirevam & I have an updated this version of this mod to upload which fixes problems with it causing crashes and some lighting issues. Still need to package it yet though.

24 minutes ago, Cyrem said:

Cirevam & I have an updated this version of this mod to upload which fixes problems with it causing crashes and some lighting issues. Still need to package it yet though.

Thanks for keeping all this stuff updated. I've been out of the modding scene for a long time, but I'm glad that it's still under use.

I don't have any of the old files on hand (they're probably buried somewhere on one of my harddrives if I went digging for them), but I could throw together a new model for this (or other things, if desired) if someone could handle all the animations and geometry optimizations/culling. I don't remember what parts of the teleport pad were grouped together during the teleport animations and such.

1 hour ago, PWNZOR said:

Thanks for keeping all this stuff updated. I've been out of the modding scene for a long time, but I'm glad that it's still under use.

I don't have any of the old files on hand (they're probably buried somewhere on one of my harddrives if I went digging for them), but I could throw together a new model for this (or other things, if desired) if someone could handle all the animations and geometry optimizations/culling. I don't remember what parts of the teleport pad were grouped together during the teleport animations and such.

No worries :) I think the model is fine, dont think it needs to be re-done unless you can think of any reasons why. Theres a few remaining buildings that need HP models, i think - geodome, docks, super teleport... If you're still interesed in making any of these they'd probably be the higher priority to get a complete set of high poly buildings.

• 2 weeks later...

@Slimy Slug has informed me that the pipes can cause some slowdown when used with other mods. Using this one on its own probably won't be noticeable, but still can add up. I will try to replace the pipes with a significantly lower-poly version when I have some free time on my hands. Until then, use at your own risk.

• 2 months later...

I'm using this with a number of other HP Cafeteria mods (thanks to you all btw), and the combination appears to be causing a crash to desktop at the start of the mission after the mission briefing screen. It loads up fine by itself though. It's pretty, too!

12 hours ago, FoeHammer said:

I'm using this with a number of other HP Cafeteria mods (thanks to you all btw), and the combination appears to be causing a crash to desktop at the start of the mission after the mission briefing screen. It loads up fine by itself though. It's pretty, too!

I apologize, I've let this slip past my radar for far too long and I haven't gotten around to fixing it. It's likely the pipes simply causing the polygon count to be too high with the other mods.

I misjudged the performance hit of using the pipes with other mods. Unfortunately I don't have a short-term fix for you since the base LWO file has the pipes as part of the static model.

I still plan on fixing this at some point, but I do have a few other things on my plate right now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.