Previewing the .MIP directly from Explorer.exe

Fluffy Cupcake

Fluffy Cupcake

I've never been told this, and never knew about it before, so I assume it is not well known. So here I am to share my knowledge! Unfortunately, I believe this is for Windows users only. Anyhow...
Ever wanted a easier way to preview the .MIP files than from a viewer? Well, I've found a way!

However, Windows Vista & 7 support is not mentioned. A user of those, please let me know how it works out for you okay?

You'll need: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sagethumbs/
*Funnily enough, this borrow's XnView's library, which is the program I was using before.

1) Install it
2) Open Up The Options (you should be able to find it in Start Menu search) and add "mip" to the customs area.
3) Press Ok and wait for it to finish its stuff. Reboot of explorer.exe may be required.

You should now be able to view all MIP files directly from your windows browser like so. Enjoy!
zDXIoPy.png

Fluffy Cupcake

Pretty sure I liked/unliked this post 4 times this afternoon (thank you mobile and too fast on the draw fingers). xD

Heheh, you can never give too many likes. :P

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
AceLaserBear

I know this is an old topic but I noticed that this doesn't work in Windows 10, is there a way anyone has got it to work in Win10?

Fluffy Cupcake

The odd thing is the OP screenshot is W10. Well, an old build of it back when it was still under testing. I'd have to try it out again sometime to see if anything has changed.

AceLaserBear
19 hours ago, Xir said:

The odd thing is the OP screenshot is W10. Well, an old build of it back when it was still under testing. I'd have to try it out again sometime to see if anything has changed.

Ignore what I said, it's randomly started working after I rebooted my PC about 3 times xD

• 7 months later...
MinifigRenderer

Try restarting your computer. Or do what I did use the other tool and click open image then just go into all of the folders to see all the thumbnails. After using the tool they should be seen in explorer perfectly fine. Also make sure you have "view icons instead of thumbnails" unchecked in your explorer options.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.