Improvements Pack 1.0

Cyrem

Improvements Pack 1.0 (For Cafeteria)

This mod is a general configuration improvements pack for LEGO Rock Raiders. It contains various adjustments to the game's settings to improve the playing experience.

The full list of changes for the game as of v1.0

• Texture Usage Increased x 4
  • Slight increase to FP highpoly range
  • Increased Camera Speed
  • Camera scrolls closer to map borders
  • Increased Camera Clipping distance
  • Full camera rotation and increased zoom distance
  • Disabled AVI/DDI splash
  • New monster notifications for each type.
  • Landslide Alert removed.
  • Rock Raider teleportations don't slow down the game (or landslides).
  • Rock Raiders have a slightly decreased energy decay rate. (They'll work longer)
  • Small spiders don't cause Rock Raiders to slip
  • Increased difficulty of Rock/Lava/Ice monsters. They move faster, they don't retreat, weapons do a lot less damage... and they cause more damage to buildings.
    • Lava Monster Cannot be frozen, Pusher beam is best weapon against them.
    • Rock Monster: Freezer beam is best weapon against them.
    • Ice Monster: Can cross water(not sure if they actually do, Lava Monsters are apparently set to cross lava). Laser beam is best weapon against them.

Installation

Just put the file in your Cafeteria "Mods" folder.

Download

• Like 3

Landslide Alert removed.

Nooooo..... :cry:l405G.jpg We will never hear Chief's voice again...

Texture Usage Increased x 4

Why only x4? I stuffed a x100 multiplier on it because I know it won't get that much anyway and it can always get more.

If somebody's running a computer with 256 MB of RAM... they've got a little bit of a problem. l405G.jpg

Lava Monster: Cannot be frozen

well... that sucks l405G.jpg

Otherwise, this makes a lot of sense. I would get and use it... except I've mucked around with most of the settings already. l405G.jpg (My dynamite settings are a little off, I was testing something l405G.jpg)

Why only x4? I stuffed a x100 multiplier on it because I know it won't get that much anyway and it can always get more.

I'm using a potentially more safe, realistic number that shouldn't cause stupid crashes, I don't think we've worked out what that number is in yet as both bytes and kb look unrealistic.

I would get and use it... except I've mucked around with most of the settings already

Well, this is a Cafeteria patch, so it should be used with a fresh install. But fair enough.

• 2 weeks later...

For this, can you also disable the fact that bats scare? It's a complete nuisance.

I'm also contemplating including a change of WeaponTypes but I'm thinking that might be a little large for this.

Another possible suggestion is ENABLE the Scorpion, Spider, and Snake. Don't stuff them in .ol 's or anything: just enable them.

I don't think we've worked out what that number is in yet as both bytes and kb look unrealistic.

It looks to me like 10 bytes. The reason I think this is that the ReadMe recommends 32 MB, which would be met if that number was in 10 bytes.

• 4 weeks later...

If you're going to release a new version of this, also consider adding the following two enhancements:

- High Poly crystals (change MiscObjects/Crystal)

- Rock Raiders do not go to the Support Station to snack (SnaxULike False)

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Aligatetcolt

I guess this does not work together with your LRR:CE. it does run but everything is black. i can still see the ui but i dont see anything other then the ui. i wanted to have the more zoom function. i just wanted to confirm it was possible if it does not work or if i just did something wrong. and maybe warn poeple if it does not work

7 hours ago, Aligatetcolt said:

I guess this does not work together with your LRR:CE. it does run but everything is black. i can still see the ui but i dont see anything other then the ui. i wanted to have the more zoom function. i just wanted to confirm it was possible if it does not work or if i just did something wrong. and maybe warn poeple if it does not work

This mod's changes shouldn't have any issue with CE (really almost no mod should) I use it myself. The black screen is a common issue which effects people differently. For some it's only tutorial levels, other's it one specific level, other's it every level. I have found enabling VSYNC in dgVoodoo reduces the issue for some people, but ultimately there isn't a 100% fix as of yet.

However I assume it only went black AFTER applying this mod?

21 minutes ago, Cyrem said:

This mod's changes shouldn't have any issue with CE (really almost no mod should)

Is this a challenge? :P

Aligatetcolt
9 hours ago, Cyrem said:

However I assume it only went black AFTER applying this mod?

Yeah it only went black afther i installed it and when before there was no problem and when i de installed it no problem again. i now only crash afther 30 minutes or so.

Edit: I dont know how but the crashes have stopped and i dont have the black screen anymore

14 hours ago, Aligatetcolt said:

Yeah it only went black afther i installed it and when before there was no problem and when i de installed it no problem again. i now only crash afther 30 minutes or so.

Edit: I dont know how but the crashes have stopped and i dont have the black screen anymore

This is fairly typical LRR behaviour. :P

Random crashes are a part of the LRR engine: little clue what causes most of them, and mods almost nearly have nothing to do with it. Repeatable crashes that always occur ("on level start" is very common for a variety of reasons) can be fixed, but random crashes and general silliness that can't be reproduced is just down to the LRR engine being stupid.

It does this fairly often :P recently was playing modded Frozen Frenzy and my Loader Dozers managed to bug their animations out enough at high speed to teleport onto an island, thus lagging the pathfinding algorithm to bits which seemed to cause all the raiders to disappear and the Loader Dozers.... the game crashed a little while after :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.