GDBump (C#)

dead_name

This is a C# rewrite of >Le717's GDBump tool. Instead of taking text file input, this takes raw binary GDB input files and exports raw binary GDB output files. Usage is otherwise exactly the same, and I've also added 'u' and 'v' as aliases for 'tu' and 'tv' respectively.

REQUIRES .NET FRAMEWORK 4.

Version 1.0.5445.810 (LATEST): LINK

Source code available on bitbucket

Changelog:

(28/11/2014) v1.0.5445.810

> Initial build

• Like 3

It's always nice to see programmers working off of or with each other. :)

I think this was more a case of Will going "Le's tool is such a pain to use, I'm going to steal his code but stuff it in an easier interface that takes the .GDB's straight off and inputs to .GDB rather than an iffy stage of text." Right? l405G.jpg

Anyway... so inch by inch we get closer to a fully moddable Lego Racers. (Stupid spellcheck... "Moddable" is not "embeddable." I wish. l405G.jpg)

It's always nice to see programmers working off of or with each other. :)

I think this was more a case of Will going "Le's tool is such a pain to use, I'm going to steal his code but stuff it in an easier interface that takes the .GDB's straight off and inputs to .GDB rather than an iffy stage of text." Right? l405G.jpg

Ahaha, no. :P Xiron got it right. If the tool programmers were really that way, modding progress in any game would not be near the level it is now. ;) Truthfully, I am not sure how exactly it happened that Will rewrote my tool, but I am more than thrilled and honored that he did it. :)

Obviously, this version has my blessings recommendation, so don't dare use my version any more, or I'll pun you into using it. :P

Obviously, this version has my blessings recommendation, so don't dare use my version any more, or I'll pun you into using it. :P

You should really take it out of your signature then l405G.jpg.

Truthfully, I am not sure how exactly it happened that Will rewrote my tool, but I am more than thrilled... that he did it. :)

Aye... I think we all feel that way.

Short version: having just released >LibLR1, I wanted a simple-ish example to demo how to make tools with it. And then I was like "hey, GDBump exists and the process sounds kinda yucky (bin->text->bump->text->bin), let's try implementing that". So I did. Seriously, have a browse of the source on bitbucket, you'll see how easy it is to make tools with LibLR1.

It's not about competition and inter-modder rivalry. It's about getting good tools into the hands of modders and making their lives easier.

• Like 3

It's not about competition and inter-modder rivalry

Oh so now you tell me. l405G.jpg

But thanks for this; it'll make moving things around a whole lot easier. One small C# code, one equally small step for modding LR. l405G.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.