The New LEGO Club

emily

So the LEGO Club site just underwent a much-needed overhaul. Check it out.

The previous version was modern enough, but it reflected the unfortunate trend in LEGO Club content towards directing you to LEGO products and not much else. Like, obviously, the LEGO Club will always and forever be a glorified advertisement, but 2006 onward the non-Brickmaster Club has been, if I may make a sweeping judgement, extremely bare-bones. Another way to get a look at LEGO sets, no fun in it. It's done its job, but it doesn't hold much interest if you're an teen or adult fan looking for unique content (exceptions like the Adventures of Max excluded).

But this new website has a lot going on. The core of it seems to be interactive missions, in a vein somewhat similar to MLN. I've yet to delve too deep into things, but I'd like to think this is a good sign that the Club is getting back toward generating some engaging new content.

So, take a look and discuss!

EDIT: Thoughts now that I've looked at it a little more: Not as much as I was hoping for, definitely not on the scale of MLN, or even really much like it at all. Just multiple-choice quizzes, and only a few at that. Maybe they'll build on this foundation in the months to come.

I just didn't get MLN. It was never customizable enough to be a "network" and never interesting enough to be a game. It was just one trade after another.

The Ace Railgun

I never really bothered with any of LEGO's attempts to make a message board/SNS. The only LEGO account I have is my Elimbie account, and I rarely use that. Actually I think did MLN once back during BIONICLE 04 I think and that was it. It'll be interesting to check out the new changes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.