Classic LEGO Games Ported to Garry's Mod/SFM

Fluffy Cupcake

Fluffy Cupcake

Do what I did. Look around the internet for people who already provided information on the topic at hand, not ask a user.

Secondly, that is a vague question. The starting point for ripping (if this is what you want to do) from each console or even different games on the computer all have their own way, even making a model from scratch can be different, depending on your 3D Modeling program.

That being said, it takes a lot of time and dedication to make a good model that isn't just a lame-o static prop.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for the small bump, but I still think you should try and release the models you ripped from these LEGO games to something like The Models Resource.

It would be useful for a lot of people ;)

• 4 months later...
Fluffy Cupcake

Lately I've been working on a Rock Raiders map where everything but the materials and building models were made from scratch.
Ben24x7 has already volunteered to make an Ice themed map. If someone wants to make a lava themed map and at least knows somewhat what they're doing, I'll send the resources over.

And now for screenshots.

Walls, these are destructible and different types have different strength, I've also added in slopes and made the front row of walls not square:

RRRock_Walls.png

Water, can be driven on by the airboat and you can't walk into it. I've lit up the area so you can see better.

RRRock_Water.png

Lava, this burns you but can be driven on, again you cannot walk into it.

RRRock_Lava.png

Hammer view, this is what it looks like in the map making program. I've covered up areas of the cave with the ceiling as to not reveal too much. ;)
That being said the map is still a WIP and is subject to change and will definitely get expanding.

RRHammer.png

so now that we have lego island textures do you plan to port any li2 chars?

Xiron has already ported models with LEGO Island Xtreme Stunts textures, which is pretty much the same as those used in LEGO Island 2.

If you want him to make LEGO Island "1" versions of the characters, keep in mind that all the textures, for things ranging from faces, to torsos, etc, have to be made from scratch.

I know its an insignificant detail, but Xiron didn't port the character models straight from the games they came from. Xiron uses the LEGO Universe minifig model as a base to which he applies custom textures and necessary acessories from LEGO Universe or LEGO Digital Designer (such as hats, tools, etc).

Edited by Ben24x7

Fluffy Cupcake
If you want him to make LEGO Island "1" versions of the characters, keep in mind that all the textures, for things ranging from faces, to torsos, etc, have to be made from scratch.

As of recently, not anymore. See link Jhuyser posted. I will probably consider adding those skins once I get back to working on the pack.

Fluffy Cupcake

Thanks for the offer, but I'd rather do them myself. Also the no-black hip is an error on my part, thanks for pointing it out.

Fluffy Cupcake

sorry for the small bump, but I still think you should try and release the models you ripped from these LEGO games to something like The Models Resource.

I hate to report this but, I lost 100% of the source for all that (I still got the Gmod source, but not the source source) when I downgraded from Win10 to 7 over the summer. It's just one of the few things I have no idea how I missed backing up at that time. Fortunately though, I have an Emmet using the exact same minifigure rig that I had upload to my DropBox, and that can be found here:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/ucp8jpw8vglf1q5/TLMEmmet (LU).max?dl=0

Fluffy Cupcake

If I approved I would be sending you the source so you don't have to decompile the .gma and get a mess. What are your plans? I already intend to put in updated LI[1] skins in my next update.

Fluffy Cupcake

You want an obj? Here, have Bob in obj. https://www.dropbox.com/s/30swfdk6syxi907/BobObj.zip?dl=0

2.and figure out the texture format

and send you the simple decompiled data aka I would put textures most likely in .png

2. There is nothing to figure out. vtf is Valve's Texture Format, and I already know how to reverse that if I need to.

I don't need or want anything sent to me...? Also, I like .tga or .dds formats for textures.

• 2 months later...
Fluffy Cupcake

Update:

+Some buildings and the Chrome Crusher from Rock Raiders
+Checkpoints, pickups, and a couple weapons from Racers 2.
+Extra Items from one of the TTGames ;) [no don't ask for more]

2016_02_20_00001.jpg

2016_02_20_00002.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
LazerLuke19

We need more models for GMod like the Ramas from LEGO Racers 2, their cars, Pharaoh Hotep, Alpha Draconis and even Emmet! Oh, and her -> :unikitty:.

Well, perhaps someone else on the internet might port them, but I don't know about Xir. It's been quite a long while since he updated his collection of Classic LEGO game ports and I don't know if he has any intention on continuing it.

Although, Xir did port Emmet and Wyldstyle from TLM, it's just that he only uploaded them as part of his "Modern" pack on his blog (and, as you can see from the image below, they're not quite finished).

7TRPFl3.png

5 hours ago, LazerLuke19 said:

Oh, and her -> :unikitty:.

Sorry lad, but you're out of luck. Your only choice is an MLP Pony re-skin or this thing.

15 hours ago, Ben24x7 said:

Your only choice is an MLP Pony re-skin <snip>

good grief the comments on that

WHY THE **** DOES THIS EXIST? NO! NO! NO! KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!

OH YEAH THIS IS THE ****! KILL ME NOW!!!!

no

they're... well deserved, if a little extreme

The comments on the second one are much more sane with no expletives, at least on the first page.

Fluffy Cupcake

Sorry; I have no interest in resuming this project at this time. Anyone else can feel free to take the reigns.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.