Change The Language?

someswedish

Hello, I'm currently planning on making a Non-Commentary walkthrough of LI2, however i have run into a problem with the language of the game.

There doesn't seem to any obvious ways to install the game in any other language than Swedish.

Am i stuck with this language, or is there another method to change it without purchasing a English copy or illegally downloading one?

While i would rather have the language on English, if there isn't anything i can do at the current situation, i could go ahead and make an walkthough on the current language to show off the voice acting, and link to a English walkthrough in the description for want that.

MaelstromIslander

Hello, I'm currently planning on making a Non-Commentary walkthrough of LI2, however i have run into a problem with the language of the game.

There doesn't seem to any obvious ways to install the game in any other language than Swedish.

Am i stuck with this language, or is there another method to change it without purchasing a English copy or illegally downloading one?

While i would rather have the language on English, if there isn't anything i can do at the current situation, i could go ahead and make an walkthough on the current language to show off the voice acting, and link to a English walkthrough in the description for want that.

I don't have LI2, but i'm pretty sure someone can give you the sound and text files from an english version. However, i don't know if thats piratey or not, but if so, correct me.

Fluffy Cupcake

However, i don't know if thats piratey or not, but if so, correct me.

I think I've lost count of how many times this has been discussed on this forum. The verdict was and still will be that yes it is alright. Only core files like the .exe can not be distributed.

• 2 weeks later...

Xiron was kind enough to assist me in changing the language of my copy of Lego Island 2, but it seems that its not so easy as replacing some small files...

Basically Xiron provided me with two things that in theory would enable the game to be played in English, audio files to replace the current ones and two files (message.BOB and message.BOD) that would change the dialog into English.
Only the audio files worked without any problems, but the BOB and BOD-files causes not only the game to bug out, but the audio to stop working as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaL-NSbtMNQ&list=UUgX5ZgVhIE29bUacxLKZOYQ

Now i am no programmer so i have absolutely no idea what is happening.

Xiron: FE stands for Front End, I know that.

Are you familiar with LEGO Racers 2 Texts? Well if not, each string has a reference title (for usage with scripts) and the text that goes with it (like for example a txt file. Reference title would be the file name, and the 'text that goes with it' would be the text in the file). What seems to be happening is that the game is only reading the titles instead of the actual contents. Well, either way it is just displaying the names of the text, OR the names of the script files. Why it does this is beyond me though.

I also tried to send over the original files from my copy over to Xiron, the same thing seems to happen and he doesn't know why.

Anybody got any idea on whats is going on, or anything else to contribute to this?

I think I had that happen after a botched modding attempt. No clue what exactly caused it, I just found it to be an accidental blessing to my ears.

@mumboking, I think when someswedish said "two bob files" he really meant a bob and bod file.

You mean the ones you mentioned >here?

I'm curious, do the cutscenes have different timings for different languages?

What happens if you don't use the BOB files?

Then the dialog doesn't glitch up and the game works as usual, even if you replace the audio files the game still runs fine and even plays the English audio despite the fact that everything else is on Swedish. 

It is only when you replace the BOB and BOD files that the dialog screws up and the audio refuses to play.

@mumboking, I think when someswedish said "two bob files" he really meant a bob and bod file.

That is correct, sorry bout that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.