LEGO Digital Designer Animusic Video Project

Drill Master

LDD Animusic Video Project Poll  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of this project?

• I like it, please continue making it.
    • I don't like it, please stop making it.
    • I'm confused as to what you are doing. (State your reason below.)

If you understand what the title says, you may understand what I'm doing. If not, here's more to enlighten you.

Animusic is a series of CGI music videos that are amazingly crafted. Here are a few of them for reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyCIpKAIFyo&list=PLAE7974A68AC62B47

One of my favorites is Resonant Chamber:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toXNVbvFXyk&list=UUZVCuKveehUdmu5PV2p59VA

So those should give you an idea of what I'm doing. I plan to make an Animusic style video using LDD.

Here is a short rough preview that I've done. (It's sloppy and there isn't much to show, but we all have to start somewhere.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx2TuQrFkX4&list=UUs1DSJ0v8SKMlXvxf9lA7nQ

I can definitely clean it up, I just wanted to show something for this idea.

Now, here's a catch. I will not work on this unless it gets a lot of feedback. That small animation took a long time to make, and that alone was only a few seconds x3 to make the video. It is a serious project that I will only work on maybe 1 or 2 days a week if that, but I will be working on it, as long as I keep seeing a benefit towards doing it.

That's where you come guys come in. Please leave a vote above for what you think of this project and leave comments of what you think in detail. in a few days, I'll check the votes and see what happens to the project from there.

If you want to help, I could use help building rigs to work with in the video.

Rigs must have the proper posing elements (for instance my bell rig, the hammers move back and forth and the bells sway when struck.)

If you have a rig built, please post a picture of it here along with the LDD file download.

So, read through, vote, comment, and let me know what you think.

Ooh, looks nice!

The real question is are you prepared to spend a lot of time on it? I can guarantee that nobody will say 'I hate it' or 'Don't continue.' But are you ready to spend hours on it? It took you a long time to make that animation, which simply has horrible physics... surely a better one (and a longer one) will take a whole lot more time?

ARE YOU READY TO LE? :P

Ooh, looks nice!

The real question is are you prepared to spend a lot of time on it? I can guarantee that nobody will say 'I hate it' or 'Don't continue.' But are you ready to spend hours on it? It took you a long time to make that animation, which simply has horrible physics... surely a better one (and a longer one) will take a whole lot more time?

ARE YOU READY TO LE? :P

You act like I don't know that it will take a long time. Also, I said I can clean it up, I just threw that "rough" animation out there to give people an idea of what I want to do.

The Ace Railgun

I love those videos, I remember getting the dvd just to watch them all. Though the strings one used to creep me out. It'd be really interesting to see it LEGO form.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.