Return Of The Rockwhales

TheEPICtrainrider

TheEPICtrainrider

Okay, we have photographic evidence of rock whales (liar if you see this topic please post your pics here, I don't want to steal them) But we really don't have anything else... like

What they eat?

How do they attack?

Are they weak ageist lazors, ice beams or pusher beams?

What is the size of a full grown rockwhale?

So this topic is the discussion of RockWhales

TheEPICtrainrider

*bump*

I don't think they would eat RR. They would need to eat something in their environment. Like... Slimy Slugs/Large spiders.

What is known:

There are two types of RockWhales:

1. The larger, green Rockwhales that move incredibly slow

2. Smaller, red Rockwhales that are very fast

Laser beams and freezer beams do not affect them, but pusher beams make the lare green ones move in the direction you shot them from.

Green Rockwhales are extremely vulnerable to water. With one touch, they die. Therefore, stading near water, shooting a green rockwhale, and making it walk into the water is the only known way to defeat them.

Green RockWhales have some sort of way of making RRs bounce off them when touched. Not sure how they do this, since they don't move in the process, but oh well.

The Red RokWhales plow through everything in their way. Plain and simple.

In the PS1 version of the game, they do not eat (neither do monsters or slugs).

Not sure exactly how big they are, but the smaller red ones are definitly bigger than the Chrome Crusher. Let's just say that the Green ones are big.

Good idea, sonic.

Here's my expansion on it:

Rockwhales are, essentially, made of rock. They have to replenish their supplies regularly, preferably with high-quality ore, because they shed their "skins" regularly, leaving huge piles of (worthless) rubble. To survive, they must eat enough ore, which they get, rather than carefully sorting through the rubble, by devouring caverns full of it.

Occasionally, when they haven't got enough ore to live on, they eat rock monsters whole. The monsters have absolutely no way of defending themselves, all they can do is run away.

Ever since the rock raiders have come to Planet U, the rockwhales have thrived because of the mass destruction of walls, leaving plenty of piles of rubble rich in ore for them to eat. They have also been known to occasionally flatten ore refineries, because of the high quality of the ore that has been refined into studs, which can keep them alive for approximately 2 earth months each. This allows them to do their favourite thing - hiding in their lairs (:P) and sleeping, rather than constantly searching for ore to eat.

They can smell ore from a whole mile away, and if they notice any larger amounts they will go charging at top speed (which isn't too fast for the larger ones) towards it, flattening anything in their path.

Who likes it? xD

I like it

The rock monsters eat energy crystals

The slugs drain your power

The rockwhales eat ore

now we have enemys that can hurt the RRs on all sides <(power, ore, and ECs)

• 1 month later...

Slimy slug in the way of a charging red rock whale.

does it die?

how about they hate slugs and squish their holes(yey!)

this'd be stupidly hard to program but i bet we could do it.

Impossible due to EXE.

So the Rockwhales are destroyed by water. As said they most likely grow from lava. And eat ore crystals and monsters.

So much has been said.

Any unanswered questions I can answer?

• 1 month later...

Hang on, how'd they find this? I've got to see those!

If you have the PSX version and a DVD/CD (??) drive, put the game in and download the PWP tool (see Modding Tools), which you can use to extract the PWP files. These contain the data, from what I gathered.

• 3 years later...

I think they're practically just Rock Monsters that eat ore. I do like your hypothesis, apart from your 'smelling ore.' Why would they be able to do so? And your 'can't clear rubble, so eat leftover ore.' I think that they could clear rubble. After all, rubble is just loose ore? (should probably make a topic for that :P )

But yes, very good theory.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.