ProjectHane(Wing) An Independent Anime

The Ace Railgun

The Ace Railgun

Hi, I can do voices so I'd like a position as an actor please! This sounds like a really cool project :)

Sorry about the late reply, but sure, just send me a PM with your Skype username.

The Ace Railgun

Soooo, I could give you a hand with the music, sound effects and such. Also, general volume mastering because that's what I do.

Thanks for the offer, but i've already got a Music and Sound guy, and It's much easier for me to keep track of one person in that category.

• 4 weeks later...
The Ace Railgun

Just posting an update, we still need members so if you're still interested shoot me a PM.

Below I have posted a roughly drawn concept to a ship that may be used in the series.

10521732_549159805184912_582930565326672

• Like 1

The Ace Railgun

Isn't that one of the Spaceship/floating rooms on the RRU server. I say this because the shape looks familiar.

Yes, I adapted my ship design from the server and changed it's function.

Fluffy Cupcake

Just posting an update, we still need members so if you're still interested shoot me a PM.

I think I'll be making that a yes for voice acting a minor character as discussed on page one.

The Ace Railgun

I think I'll be making that a yes for voice acting a minor character as discussed on page one.

Alrighty, i'll add you to the group chat. Though I might have you voice a couple minor characters if that's alright.

If you are short of voices, I could lend mine to a minor character, however my voice isn't particularly great. I think Xiron probably has a sample somewhere I did for his LR2 mod.

Fluffy Cupcake

Alrighty, i'll add you to the group chat. Though I might have you voice a couple minor characters if that's alright.

Fine with me!

I think Xiron probably has a sample somewhere I did for his LR2 mod.

But Jimboooooob, you were suppose to redo those samples.

D8 Oh yes... Alrighty, I'll get on that tomorrow hopefully!

The Ace Railgun

Fine with me!

D8 Oh yes... Alrighty, I'll get on that tomorrow hopefully!

Oi, don't go taking over my topic now :P Anywho i've added you both to the HanePro skype group.

• 3 weeks later...
The Ace Railgun

Well we lost two members today which is kind of sad, but i'm still going to push this though and get it done. I think we can still do this even with as few members as we currently have. I have also decided to shift gears and move to using 3DCGI for a majority of the components of the series, including the characters, world, mechs. Some of the textures and other objects may still be drawn though, and I may seek out other modelers and texture editors to help in breaking up some of the more detailed work. In case you're curious, my inspiration for using CGI is this scene from Arpeggio of Blue steel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23E-YEHjASI

Just thought i'd push out an update, i've started to model the basic shapes of various characters and design the Mechs, and other items. I've also been making an Elevation map of the Alien world that's going to be featured on the series, I plan on Modeling the entire planet, including the cities, buildings, streets, and characters etc. It'll be a lot of work, but i'll be easier for me to place and animate everything this way. But anyway, here is a basic Topographical map that i've been working on.

MP96sOV.png

• Like 2

I have also decided to shift gears and move to using 3DCGI for a majority of the components of the series

In the event you need another modeller or animator I won't be able to help, I haven't used Blender (which you used above) in a long time so I have practically landed at square 1.

The Ace Railgun

I have also decided to shift gears and move to using 3DCGI for a majority of the components of the series

In the event you need another modeller or animator I won't be able to help, I haven't used Blender (which you used above) in a long time so I have practically landed at square 1.

Blender? I haven't used that program in a couple years, no this animation is being created in Lightwave. It's a lot better for complex animations in my opinion. Besides, I've decided to model everything my self.

Well, its just I thought the picture was taken from Blender (because apparently Lightwave does have the roughly the same grid design) 

The Ace Railgun

What is the purple ridge on the right there?

Purple, and Dark blue represent depth, the black is an area that was charred during one of the ancient wars on the alien world.

Well, its just I thought the picture was taken from Blender (because apparently Lightwave does have the roughly the same grid design)

Yeah if you only see the grid it's kind of hard to see what program is being used.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
The Ace Railgun

I think I just found a solution to my dilemma, and that dilemma is, that I don't have enough actors, and can't act my self. What I do have is music, which is a universal language. So I have decided that I am going to let music be the sound effects, and the story.

I think I just found a solution to my dilemma, and that dilemma is, that I don't have enough actors, and can't act my self. What I do have is music, which is a universal language. So I have decided that I am going to let music be the sound effects, and the story.

:o I'm liking the sound of that!

That's an interesting idea. You're gonna leave us composers most of the work, won't you? :P

On a more serious note, I think that making a series with no audio except for music and sound effects would not work. Music is made just to give emphasis on dialogues and situations, not for a main role. Maybe you could start a kickstarter project to find people willing to voice the characters.

That idea reminds me of Interstella 5555, which is basicly the movie version of the album Discovery from Daft Punk. Therefore I would say, that it is possible to do something in that direction. Only problem though: It's a movie (that consists of several music videos), which is about an hour long and not a whole series.

(Generic Wikipedia Link ;) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstella_5555:_The_5tory_of_the_5ecret_5tar_5ystem )

• Like 1

The Ace Railgun

That's an interesting idea. You're gonna leave us composers most of the work, won't you?   On a more serious note, I think that making a series with no audio except for music and sound effects would not work. Music is made just to give emphasis on dialogues and situations, not for a main role. Maybe you could start a kickstarter project to find people willing to voice the characters.

I still wanna try it, it'll be a challenge that's for sure, but it'll be fun. Also, The music is also going to be the sound effects, and yes, you guys are going to have a lot of work. :P Making 13 minutes worth of music for a 26 episode series.

:o I'm liking the sound of that!

Is that pun intended? :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.