Custom Textures not working?

aidenpons

EDIT3: :D I needed to export them as 8-bit.

EDIT2: The .bmp's haven't exported correctly and I get this funny silver-y box where their face should be... Help?

So, I wanted to make custom face textures for Mafia, and as QP was the first to die I made his face first. The face is fine, but something really weird happens when I overwrite Pface.bmp. (I made the image in GIMP and exported it with a 16-bit color setting). Recompilied the WADs (yes, I'm not using the Data method), and something really weird happens.

The face doesn't show up as it should.

What does show up is the high-poly version of Sparks face which doesn't even exist anywhere. I should be getting Ogel's face... but I get Sparks. 8S

I've tried re-recompiling the wads, moving the file into a vanilla version, but no luck. What is going on?

EDIT: Xiron's post just below this one is the problem. The pface (and most things....) appear in World/Shared, so you need to change them there as well. THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU SO MUCH Xiron! :D

(Edit2 means this isn't quite solved yet :( )

(Edit3 means that this is now all redundant and everything is working as planned. :P)

Edited by aidenpons

Fluffy Cupcake

Did you overwrite ALL Pfaces or just one? It appears in two locations (3 for far out view).
It appears in Mini-FiguresPilot and WorldShared, a low quality version also appears in A000_Triman file also located in Shared. All three of these textures are used.

Xiron's fix above actually gets the texture in-game... except it doesn't. Instead of Quisoves' face I instead get a grey square. How do I export these (using Gimp 2.8 or really anything else you recommend) so that the game actually displays them properly?

Fluffy Cupcake

Export the .bmp as 8-bit, not-24 bit (those are the only two options in Paint.NET, what I use). I found that out with Pbody when I did the alternate raiders colours mod a little while ago. It would appear textureless in-game if I exported it as 24-bit.

:D

That's working... :D

(P.S. To do this (in GIMP), go to 'Image->Mode->Indexed' and then select under the thingy where you can shove a number in (default 255), put 256 in. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.