Freedom Planet

Fluffy Cupcake

I'm not going to bother screenshot-ing as Cyrem has attacked me for wasting his bytes... :P (and I'm lazy...) :P

I count 3:42:91 with Lilac and

3:49:52 with Carol.

Which makes 7:32:43.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :smug:

It looks like a taste was all you got. >:P

EDIT:

If you play on Easy difficulty, you will receive a +30 second penalty. If you play on Casual, you will receive a 50 second penalty. No penalty for other difficulties.

Surely you could just say 'Play on Normal OR ELSE?' 30s is going to be a lot of time lost....

Also, I don't think Easy is available in the demo: it's either Casual, Normal, or Hard.

That Game and OST will be mine, Aiden, you can't stop me!

Updated time with Lilac:

8tpzWqK.png

Total so far: 07:30:21! I'll update Carol when I feel like going through the hell that is her, but rest assured, that gold will be mine!

EDIT: Here's Carol's updated time:

b1WMBRZ.png

New total time: 07:27:54. I'll try to improve Carol even more later.

Fluffy Cupcake

If you play on Easy difficulty, you will receive a +30 second penalty. If you play on Casual, you will receive a 50 second penalty. No penalty for other difficulties.

Surely you could just say 'Play on Normal OR ELSE?' 30s is going to be a lot of time lost....

Also, I don't think Easy is available in the demo: it's either Casual, Normal, or Hard

That's the point. To be unattractive.

Q. Is this competition only for those who don't own the game?

A. Nope! If you own the game you can still enter.

Cause you know, winning for a friend is nice. ;P Also that'd be kind of sad and unattractive if not everyone had the chance to enter.

IT HAS BEEN CONTINUED

I SHALL NOT BE BROKEN

I WILL HAVE VICTORY

3:36:67 for Lilac.

and

3:49:52 for Carol.

So total time = 7:26:19

There is only one lord of Avalice, and he does not share prizes!

Edited by aidenpons

Sorry to break it to you, Aiden, but...

03:36:05 for Lilac.

and

03:44:83 for Carol.

Total: 07:20:88

GOLD IS MINE FOREVER!

EDIT: Update: 03:34:20 for Lilac.

Total: 07:19:03!

EDIT 2: Update: 03:29:10 for Lilac.

Total: 07:13:93!

EDIT 3: Update: 03:25:69 for Lilac.

Total: 07:10:52!

EDIT 4: Update: 03:43:42 for Carol.

Total: 07:09:11!

EDIT 5: Update: 03:42:84 for Carol.

Total: 07:08:53!

EDIT 6: Update: 03:23:77 for Lilac.

Total: 07:06:61!

EDIT 7: Update: 03:37:76 for Carol.

Total: 07:01:53!

Okay, now that I have almost decent times, I think I can officially write them down here on the topic.

4:28.22 for Lilac;

5:17.52 for Carol.

Total: 9:45.74.

I'm sorry, Drill Master...

Edit: Best time for

Lilac is now 4:22.62, for a total of 9:40.14.

Edit 2: Best time for Lilac is now 4:15.76, for a total of 9:33.28.

Edit 3: Best time for Carol is now 4:38.23, for a total of 8:53.99.

Edit 4: Best time for Lilac is now 4:05.57, for a total of 8:43.80.

Edit 5: Best time for Lilac is now 3:55.69, for a total of 8:33.92.

I have to say, even though I thought at first this game wouldn't have been too amazing, I actually now find it awesome, one of the most entartaining game I have ever played. And this is just the demo! I still have 13 days to beat Aiden or Latias, I really hope I can get the game.

• Like 1

I'm catching up, Aiden! Prepare for the rise of Shadowblaze!

3:46.01 for Lilac;

4:38.23 for Carol,

For a total of 8:24.24.

I still have to improve my Carol time, will do that now.

Edit: Best time for Carol is now 4:28.22, for a total of 8:14.23.

Edit 2: Best time for Lilac is now 3:42.61, for a total of 8:10.83.

Edit 3: Best time for Lilac is now 3:41.23, for a total of 8:09.45.

Edit 4: Best time for Lilac is now 3:39.61, for a total of 8:07.83.

Edit 5: Best time for Lilac is now 3:35.71, for a total of 8:03.93.

GOLD IS MINE FOREVER!

You're totally wrong.

3:19:25 with Lilac.

3:33:08 with Carol.

6:52:33 in total.

One run to rule them all...

There, have my definitive times. I'm too bad to beat either Aiden or Latias, so I don't think these times require any more updates.

http://youtu.be/oBRufWOtbA0

• Like 2

Fluffy Cupcake

Aiden or Latias

Ah yes... the competition demolishers. :P No really you guys stole everyone's motivation by setting the bar so high near the start.

Anyway, decent Lilac time you got there Shadowblaze.

• Like 2

Well I've decided to record a video of my times... it's not on YouTube because I'm poor I don't want to get involved with Google... I'd be fine with just a YouTube account... (if you have any other suggestions for video hosting, just rant at me any way you choose)...

So here it is.

EDIT: File removed because I don't have that much space on my file sharing system.

(If you want the final times go down some posts)

It's still the same time as above:

3:19:25 with Lilac.

3:33:08 with Carol.

6:52:33 in total.

• Like 2

And suddenly at the last minute, le717 swoops in and smashes everyone's times into mosaic tile pieces with record breaking runs.

Lilac: 0:00:00

Carol: 0:00:00

Total: 0:00:00

• Like 6

Time for me to post!

Lilac: 3:15.72
Carol: 3:26.16
Grand Total: 6:41.88

Video of the times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI_FQsHEy7E

Video where I beat the previous World Record as Lilac:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svR9pHrb1iY

• Like 2

*ruins all my hopes of getting the OST*

:cry:

(I'll spare you all what I did in the shoutbox :P)

I'll post my times:

https://app.box.com/s/s4u2yeaiir4noy6yzuw6

So the total time is 6:46:91.

Also, I HAZ MAGIC with the route I take as Lilac. I'm certain that it enables me to break the world record, but so many other things have to line up oh-so-perfectly in order to break it.

https://app.box.com/s/7nm9mfdxqubd6x6e4rmh

Yes, as Lilac you can indeed climb up the wall there. Even after doing it lots and lots of times, it's still only a 50-50 chance that I make it on the first try.

But it's a MASSIVE shortcut if all goes well.

Do I get a "Thanks for attending" award? :P

Yeah, is there one specific track from the OST you'd like?

How about #4 Dragon Valley 1 itself? Having it loop in my ears as I raged through the speedruns was rather soothing. :P

Fluffy Cupcake

Do I get a "Thanks for attending" award? :P

Yeah, is there one specific track from the OST you'd like?

How about #4 Dragon Valley 1 itself? Having it loop in my ears as I raged through the speedruns was rather soothing. :P

Okay. I'm going to need you to PM me an email I can gift it to.

You see guys. Even entering with a high time would of got you the unannounced participator's award. ;)

Hey hey you guys! For those that didn't win or were unable to participate and didn't win anything on the first giveaway over at the Freedom Planet forum, ANOTHER giveaway is being done with no competitive action required! http://fp.boards.net/thread/1506/september-freedom-planet-giveaway, post there if you want a chance to win it!
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
Fluffy Cupcake

For anyone lurking on the side during that time there was a FP-explosion on this forum, let me just say that the game is currently 50% off on Steam! Go-go-go-get it!

Also, vote for it for Indie of the year!: http://www.indiedb.com/games/freedom-planet

Edit: I'll probably edit my best times for each stage into this post later, JUST CAUSE.

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone lurking on the side during that time there was a FP-explosion on this forum, let me just say that the game is currently 50% off on Steam! Go-go-go-get it!

well just in case anybody wanted to know it's 50% off again for the rest of December

[/NobodyCares] l405G.jpg

And also, there's a giveaway being hosted about monthly on the Freedom Planet boards but it doesn't run to a timetable at all. There was an August one, a September one, theoretically a November one that was held in December (not the strangest thing I've seen there by a long way l405G.jpg) and they'll probably run for a long time yet.

It takes inspiration from 90s platformer games, but is in no way a copy-cat of them.

Original video game, do not steal.

No, really...? :P

I HIGHLY DOUBT anyone here cares, but I'll just post it here anyway because I have no better way of saying it. I did a speedrun of the whole adventure mode of this game (on the easiest difficulty level). This is the first time I've ever done a speedrun of any game.
<snip of Casual video>
The other guy talking in the video is my brother.

[table]StageCharacter DifficultyTimeEntire GameLilacCasual82:03:50[/table]

My best times for all stages:
<snip since the BBCode was annoying me THERE'S SO MUCH OF IT>

Really? You speedran on CASUAL?

Casual... you have a very large health regeneration and people say you have to actively try to die. l405G.jpg Easy you also have regeneration, but it's far slower. Normal and Hard you don't have any regeneration, and on Hard some bosses change slightly (one decreases their time between attacks, etc) and you also have a 2x damage multiplier against you, meaning that everything that hits you does double damage.

Fluffy Cupcake

Really? You speedran on CASUAL?

Casual... you have a very large health regeneration and people say you have to actively try to die. :P

Yup. Also, I hope you realize the date of the video, I had only owned the game for a few weeks and didn't know the game by heart.

That was me who said that. ;P

I hope you realize the point of that speedrun was just a general run-through of a non-pro player, and the point was to NOT die.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.