EVB

Almogzxp

Not solved yet. We need to understand better what this file does, and why it's different than the TRB files.

After playing around with the file "EVENT.EVB" (Which is located in GAMEDATA>RACEC0R1), some of the sounds of the events got messed up. (By events I mean the barrels (when you break them), Moving carts, cannon (when it's shooting)... you know...)

So.. It's possibly a list of sounds for the events of the map (or the whole map (background sounds). I need to do more testing.)

Using willkirkby's binary editor you can clearly see 3 float(s) with numbers next to them (wow that's sounds stupid.)

I'm guessing that's "the position" of the sound? (They look so accurate...)

{
	k_3D
	"canexpl" //the name of the event that triggers the sound?
	k_3B
	(float)173.0556 //x?
	(float)350.1424 //y?
	(float)56.32446 //z?
	k_3E
	(float)1
	(float)0
	(float)0
	(float)0
	(float)0
	(float)1
}

This is a small part from the whole file, just to demonstrate my theory.

(I hope I'm right about this... ><)

What do we know about this file type (so far):

- There's only one file with this type in every race track folder.

- This file effects the sounds of the race track and their location. (but not all of them, and it's not the only one(?))

- This file is the one who connects the finish line or the check points to it's function. (Without it you won't be able to finish the first circuit)

- This file doesn't effect the map's (race track's) events.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.