LEGO Racers Online

Hoithebest

Great job, you're making a lot of progress with this! Can't wait to see the final version. :) Now, take a break from your programming, and have a waffle: :wffl:

Good job! This is looking better and better (still waiting for open source :P)! But why do the player cars look different on each end?

This is easy to explain. For instance, when you and I play together, you are enemy 1 in my game and I am enemy 1 in your game. The software just picks the first Al racer to drive. It's actually quite logical why this happens, if you understand it.

I haven't tried to read the design of the car from the memory yet. And even if this will ever be possible, it's gonna be quite a tough job to develop the software in a way that everyone can just see eachothers own car.

• Like 3

Attention: due to high school activity I cannot spend (much) time on developing this project. As soon as I have more time, I will develop the software more actively.

Please note that this is NOT an announcement that the project will be canceled or whatever!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New status update added. I have made some nice progress with the software and we are getting closer to a release of both LEGO Racers Online and the API! :D

New status update added. I have made some nice progress with the software and we are getting closer to a release of both LEGO Racers Online and the API! :D

Yes! I can not wait for the release!

• 2 weeks later...

New status update added. I'm sorry that the project is already on this forum for over three months and you people still are not able to play anything.

I'm doing all I can to develop, but sometimes I'm facing problems. But there is one thing I can guarantee: this project is getting finished, no matter when. :)

• Like 4

As long as there is progress and you're still posting updates, I am happy to wait until they are resolved :)

yep

A game that you spend an extra year on is far better than a rushed game with bugs all over the place.

kapitein knoest

New status update added. I'm sorry that the project is already on this forum for over three months and you people still are not able to play anything.

I'm doing all I can to develop, but sometimes I'm facing problems. But there is one thing I can guarantee: this project is getting finished, no matter when.  :)

That last sentence :D

As long as there is progress and you're still posting updates, I am happy to wait until they are resolved :)

A game that you spend an extra year

Lets not hope a year, not sure if I can wait that long haha

• 5 weeks later...

What I question myself is, are there any people here who are willing to help once I put the source code on GitHub?

If you put the source up on Github, I'm sure a lot of people would be willing to contribute.

Mezelf Inbegrepen ;)

As requested above, I will put the source code of the entire project on GitHub soon. Due to school I just don't have enough time to do this on my own.

I will keep you guys updated.

• Like 2

What I question myself is, are there any people here who are willing to help once I put the source code on GitHub?

If you put the source up on Github, I'm sure a lot of people would be willing to contribute.

Mezelf Inbegrepen ;)

Even though I don't have that much experience with programming, it would be awesome to give it a try!

Ik ook :D

• 4 months later...

So, any updates recently? I am really curious about what has been achieved here the past six months.

Dus, blaas me van m'n stoel :D

I can't mean anything with programming, but I might be useful when it comes down to testing and so on.

Great work, really impressed already, hope to be impressed even more!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.