LEGO Racers Online

Hoithebest

For me the concern isn't that it's real. I can tell it's real your floor isn't. :P

For me the question is 'will you actually ever finish it?' I've seen a few projects crash and burn; the RRU mods topic anyone? And only jamesster knows how many failed LU attempts there have been.

Despite this, I'm looking forward to it; it might not be completed as you laid it out but I'd be happy with a 2-player mode.

• Like 2

For me the concern isn't that it's real. I can tell it's real your floor isn't. :P

For me the question is 'will you actually ever finish it?' I've seen a few projects crash and burn; the RRU mods topic anyone? And only jamesster knows how many failed LU attempts there have been.

Despite this, I'm looking forward to it; it might not be completed as you laid it out but I'd be happy with a 2-player mode.

It's open source, if it's never finished, you have no-one to blame but yourself :P

• Like 2

It's surprisingly quiet in this topic. It seems like I am the only one working on this project at the moment.

People, I need your help finding addressess!

grappigegovert

I took a look at it today, and I think the best option would be to delete all RRB files (AI paths).
The needed address pointers are in this cheatengine file:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30638624/LEGORacers.CT

Only AI 1 and 2 are included, but you can easily add the rest by adding 4 to the 3rd offset in each pointer.

Also, 

this is currently working on the 1999 NO-DRM (and probably DRM too).

DRM and NO-DRM versions have different memory addresses.

• Like 3

Fluffy Cupcake

Hoi! The progress is looking good there! Great work you guys, keep it up! :D

If I could give that post two likes I would. :D

I know what you mean, it just contains so much win!

This is absolutely fantastic! I thought this would never be achieved, but you sir have proved me so very wrong.

If this is completed, perhaps we can have another RRU Racers tournament?

If this is completed, perhaps we can have another RRU Racers tournament?

I'm already hyped! :D

@hoithebest great work! (Goede richting ipv foute righting :P) if you understand.

Thanks for your support and great comments. I've been developing for hours today and the game will now be patched automatically.

I can also confirm that all the cars (except one, this one comes tomorrow - it was a long day) can be driven by the software now.

Please remember that we're still in a very early stage of development. Besides the missing features, it still contains a lot of bugs.

It's gonna be a problem to work with Power-Ups too for sure.

But I'm doing all I can to make this project a success so everyone can enjoy this!

@KevinVG207: ik snap 'm. :) (this is Dutch)

I am now trying to find the pointers to the address that stores the RRB file. When I have these values, I can overwrite them with a file that doesn't exists so the Al players won't move.

It just seems impossible to find them.

R1_F_0.RRB is the value that I am searching the pointer for. I hope anyone can succeed in finding it.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

I am using Cheat Engine to find the "rrb" extension to change it on demand (so that Al players won't move).

On the 1999 NoDrm-edition, this is address '004BEEE5' (String/Text, static address) and contains 'rrb'. When you change this value, the game cannot find the path-files anymore.

Does anyone know why the game doesn't crash when you delete the RRB-files when extracting it with JAM Extractor and then build it again, and it DOES crash when changing the address containing the RRB-extension?

Fluffy Cupcake

so the Al players won't move/

I'd honestly prefer AI racers to fill the spots that aren't taken by players. The more racers the better imo.

But if the easier route is to make them do nothing, and add in the feature of AIs later, then I'm all for it.

As for your issues, no idea.

I understand what you want, but this is actually more a technical issue. If the Al racers have a path, they keep following that path, so the result is that they move back and forth the whole time.

• 2 weeks later...

Last week I didn't have much time to develop on this project, but I can tell you that thanks to Grappigegoverts great work we are now almost able to use Power-Ups from any racer.

The code for this already works, it just has to be implemented in the current software but I do not have much time at this moment due to school.

Last week I didn't have much time to develop on this project, but I can tell you that thanks to Grappigegoverts great work we are now almost able to use Power-Ups from any racer.

The code for this already works, it just has to be implemented in the current software but I do not have much time at this moment due to school.

I know what you mean.

Awesome work though with the powerups!

I really can't express how awesome this is, the prospect of actually being able to play LEGO Racers online. And the fact that you are making solid progress; that this isn't just another dumped project.

You rock like a raider, dude, keep it up.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.