Longer Names?

RocketRacer.

RocketRacer.

Hi. I am currently modding lego racers 2 and I wan to find a way to add more letter spaces to the name creator and I cant figure out how to do it! Does anyone know? and more importantly, is it possible?

If you enter a name that is longer than a certain number of letter/symbols (afaik 10 - it won't do it with less) it will start to "fill up/load" the name of Player 2 as part of your name.

(i.e. P1: "Rocket Rac" P2: "er sucks" will show the name of P1 as "Rocket Racer sucks" - in case of P1 being "Rocket Ra" it will remain as "Rocket Ra" and not load the P2 name as P1 name - P2 should be "er sucks" in both cases. Thats just how the game loads the values from certain addresses)

• Like 1

It applies the same - If the P2 is unnamed it would load up the default name (I guess that's "UP2")

So your name would load up as Rocket RacUP2.

Except the Profile got created with P2 being named something like "er sucks" - not sure about that... didn't try (might even work if you rename P2 in the main menu).

That needs some testing I guess.

Edit: Some Manipulating made it possible for me to call myself "Rocket Racer" in Adventure Mode.

I'm going to redo that now I guess:

Adventure Mode Name: Rocket Racer            (self-explaining)

Adventure Mode Model: Rocket Racer            (Player looks like RR)

Adventure Mode Car: Rocket Racer Car         (in every world)

I'll make a 0% and 100% Save - and upload it.

Well... Problem is you can't even do you 2P Mode anymore - just tried.

And it can mess up so your name "resets" to Rocket RacP2.

Might upload a 0% anyway

• Like 1

Created a new Savegame.

BVGTn8u.png

0% Progress.

Name: Rocket Racer
(this might "reset" to Rocket Rac2UP if you are unlucky - It happens after every Gamestart - Fix can be found below)

Car(Sandy Bay): Rocket Racer Car
(The Rocket Racer Car for the other worlds can be found in the prebuild Cars - also usable in Quickrace mode)

Mini Figure: Rocket Racer

!!!ATTENTION!!!
This Savegame will probably crash your game if you try to use the 2 Player Mode

Download | "Install" | Hotfix

Download
  • Go to "C:Users%Username%DocumentsGamesLEGO Racers 2Saved Games"
  • Now make a backup of your old "GameSave.dat" by for example renaming it to something else (MyGameSave.dat or something).
  • Rename put the file you downloaded into the same folder where you found the file you just renamed and rename the downloaded one to "GameSave.dat"
  • Start your game and enjoy playing as Rocket Racer in the Adventure Mode

Hotfix in case of Name resetting (might happen after EVERY gamestart)

• Start up your LEGO Racers 2 and go into Adventure Mode
  • Start up Cheat Engine and attach it to your LEGO Racers 2
  • Change Value Type to "Array of Bytes"
  • Scan for
    52 00 4F 00 43 00 4B 00 45 00 54 00 20 00 52 00 41 00 43
  • Replace the Values of ALL found Addresses with
    52 00 4F 00 43 00 4B 00 45 00 54 00 20 00 52 00 41 00 43 00 45 00 52 00 00

• Like 1

Well it works fine for me when I'm using the Save.

It's actually looking for "R.O.C.K.E.T. .R.A.C" (the . are 00 bytes) as an AoB and then replacing the following bytes (.2.U.P) with .E.R..

This only works if you are using the Savegame.

If i's not working please give me some more Information about what is not working. (not finding anything / replacing doesn't fix the name ... etc...)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.