A useful NPL script for custom maps

alan

Months ago I tried this and now I decided to share it with you (unless you didn't know before :) )

By including this script into your NPL of a custom map, you can let a wall collapse (even recharge seam or solid rock) when - for example - someone walks over a special marked tile (e.g. Tutorial Block 1). The wall that should collapse then has to be Tutorial Block 2. And this is how the script looks like then:

GetUnitAtBlock 1 ? SetTutorialBlockIsGround 2

I hope you can use it in your custom maps (I would like to play them so tell me when you've done one) ;)

Ooh, this will require some testing. Imagine a map that automatically opens a cavern full of lava when you pass some point.

It can be useful... for example an unstable cave where you have to watch out where you let your Rock Raiders go or maybe even an earth quake during a normal mission: you collect cour crystals as usually when suddenly there is an earth quake in a part of the cave that leads to the collapse of a wall (or several walls).

If I had known about this before I would also have used it in one of my own maps (Training Mission: The Maze, to be accurate)

RockRaiderWolf

Genious! WOOOOOOOO!!!!! cant wait to test this muhahahahhaccccchhhhh! (coughing fit) sheesh i need to remember I'm a wolf not a mad scientist. :P

OR AM I ?!?!

Evil To-Do List:

1. Hire evil laugh coach

2. Take over world

3. Force enslaved game makers to create a RockRaiders2 that is awesome!

4. insert silly face smiley here -> :P

Ooh, this will require some testing. Imagine a map that automatically opens a cavern full of lava when you pass some point.

Or: spaces that, when passed over, will box in whatever is on them in solid rock. If it's a raider, you can teleport it out no problem, but if it's a vehicle...

Oh, and better yet, Put crystals on them! Your transport trucks will all rush straight to them! You'll think you've have discovered a crystal cache, but no, deathtrap. 

But I doubt it could work like that.  :/

• 3 weeks later...
RockRaiderWolf

Wonder if somewhere in the hex code there is a similar code for settutorialblockislava, or water or walls. then it might work for the sort of thing Praciblad mentioned.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.