BIONICLE RETURNING 2015

jedi299

The BIONICLE thing looks like HERO Factory. Apparently a non-colored version was posted on a reliable site, but if it's real, then all we're getting is the same s***ty build system which is useless without real TECHNIC for building anything great.

Ah, I was wondering when this thread would come into being.

Well, a few of us have been able to analyse the main photo that's circulating around via Skype. I found out on my own accord, but I'm pretty sceptical about all of this. Colorless, very blurred... I'm really on the fence on whether or not this is legit. I've done a little poking round on search engines for more pics, and some turned out to have been removed by request from TLG, so I really don't know what to sa--

Wait, I should watch the video first. Wasn't embedded properly.

*watching*

Oh.

Oho.

Yes, THIS is a good leak right here. Either someone did a REALLY good job of creating total bulls***, or we've actually got something on our hands here. LEGO's removal of some images raises my hopes even more.

Needless to say, I'm STILL remaining cautious until we get some more images, or at least something OFFICIAL from TLG. I'm almost there for being on board the hype train, but if I board early, and realize that this was all a hoax...

I'll cut the son of a b**** who created it all.

Did I overdo the OP? I think I overdid the OP. It may have come across that I believe that this is all a hoax, but really that was just the skeptical side of me speaking. The side that is slowly backing into a increasingly darker corner. I've been analyzing all the stuff we know so far, and all of it seems to match up with other leaks like this. Of course, no reboot is perfect, so I'm not exactly... oh, what's the word... *hyped* for all of this. Bionicle's return could very well mean Hero Factory 2: Now they can do other stuff. I could go on, but I won't. If you absolutely want me to, I will in a blog post.

The Ace Railgun
if I board early, and realize that this was all a hoax...   I'll cut the son of a b**** who created it all.

And i'll help you with that Studz. Really though, i'm not that excited about this. I'm more fond of the old stuff, from the Mata-nui arc to the Voya-nui arc (2001-2006ish)

• Like 2

Sadie Meowsalot
[7/28/2014 8:03:53 PM] Lair: i've known about this rumor since it first appeared
[7/28/2014 8:03:59 PM] Lair: those kids on rru are all late
[7/28/2014 8:04:03 PM] Lair: they missed the train
[7/28/2014 8:04:09 PM] Lair: now they'll have to walk
[7/28/2014 8:04:18 PM] Lair: and they're going to miss tea time
[7/28/2014 8:04:45 PM] Lair: I don't understand why lego would bring it back
[7/28/2014 8:04:47 PM] Lair: it had an ending
[7/28/2014 8:05:01 PM] Lair: which is something I can say for only one other theme they've made
[7/28/2014 8:05:09 PM] Lair: it was a jumbled mess
[7/28/2014 8:05:15 PM] Lair: the magic was gone
[7/28/2014 8:05:23 PM] Lair: I'm still hoping it's a very elaborate hoax
[7/28/2014 8:05:34 PM | Edited 8:05:46 PM] Lair: but it seems to be leaning more and more towards being real in some form
[7/28/2014 8:06:37 PM] Lair: it's the curse that so many seem to fall for
[7/28/2014 8:06:42 PM] Lair: "Back by popular demand"
[7/28/2014 8:06:59 PM] Lair: even if something had quality
[7/28/2014 8:07:10 PM] Lair: they'll prolong it past where they wanted to just because it's popular
[7/28/2014 8:07:12 PM] Lair: until it sucks
[7/28/2014 8:07:20 PM] Lair: or bring something back after it ended
[7/28/2014 8:07:21 PM] Lair: I mean
[7/28/2014 8:07:41 PM] Lair: I'm not arguing that art should just be art, that's ridiculous and people who try to argue that are ridiculous
[7/28/2014 8:08:06 PM] Lair: art has always had money involved in it in some way, no one does art for free except for themselves
[7/28/2014 8:08:45 PM] Lair: but just because you CAN make money by prolonging out what was a great story, doesn't mean you should, because doing that usually starts making the thing suck
[7/28/2014 8:08:55 PM] Lair: even if it sucked in the first place
[7/28/2014 8:09:44 PM] Lair: but we've GOT to have
[7/28/2014 8:09:47 PM] Lair: MONEY
  • Like 6

The Ace Railgun

Aww screw it, i'm jumping on the hype train I still like 2001-2006 better, but it'll be fun to see where this goes, and what the new sets look like. (if the Hype train doesn't crash and burn of corse)

biohypetrain.png

I'm pretty much sold by now. BIONICLE 2015 is pretty much confirmed.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a train to catch...

tumblr_n9aexiplX81schn9vo1_400.gif

I used to be skeptical, but I count this as absolute proof. I'm gonna need a one way ticket to Spherus Magna, on the Hype Train please.

if I board early, and realize that this was all a hoax...   I'll cut the son of a b**** who created it all.

And i'll help you with that Studz. Really though, i'm not that excited about this. I'm more fond of the old stuff, from the Mata-nui arc to the Voya-nui arc (2001-2006ish)

I was with you till the voya-nui part.... I lost interest halfway through Metru Nui. I just couldn't get on board the whole industrial society thing... the Mata arc was all tribal and shift. I mean, tribal robots? A weird mishmash of nature, magic and technology? To me, THAT is what Bionicle was about. Once they lost that the franchise was as good as dead to me. I dunno if they ever got it back in later arcs, couldn't care enough to find out.

I was with you till the voya-nui part.... I lost interest halfway through Metru Nui. I just couldn't get on board the whole industrial society thing... the Mata arc was all tribal and shift. I mean, tribal robots? A weird mishmash of nature, magic and technology? To me, THAT is what Bionicle was about. Once they lost that the franchise was as good as dead to me. I dunno if they ever got it back in later arcs, couldn't care enough to find out.

I agree with you here, although I came back around 2009 because it had good set design. Mata Nui was everything to me.

Quisoves Potoo

I am one of those anomalous persons who enjoyed Bionicle through it's entire run. My least favorite year, not surprisingly, is 2010, but even that was good, given what we got. I love the Mata Nui years as dearly as the next fan, but I never enjoyed the other years of the theme less because they were different. I'm glad that Bionicle was adventurous. Instead of continually upgrading the Toa Nuva (ala Hero Factory) it gave us first the Turaga, and then a group of well-loved matoran, as Toa. Instead of nine years on the same tropical island, we got an underground metropolis, a miserable island enslaved by  villains masquerading as Toa, an underwater city, a cavernous world-within-a-world, and a new planet. I imagine that if the story had never left Mata Nui that we'd all be a good deal less fond of the island.

As for Bionicle's return, I am quite excited about the prospect. Yes, it will use the CCBS system, but I have nothing against the system when implemented well. I would hope that a few years in a Bionicle style would improve the it greatly beyond the awkward state it is currently in.

• Like 3

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this develops, and being able to experience first hand the dawning of a new generation for my favorite franchise.

I personally have major qualms with BIONICLE beyond 2002 from a storytelling and set design perspective, but all the same it is fascinating to see it evolve and change and redefine itself as a media property over time. I am eager to see this modern reinterpretation of BIONICLE's beginning, even though I expect absolutely nothing from it as far as its ability to actually engage me in the story. It's difficult to breathe life into a story if you are trying too hard to hold on to an idea that is already gone. And it is just a toy, after all - it would be mad to expect a MNOLG from LEGO around every corner.

lol username

I lost interest halfway through Metru Nui. I just couldn't get on board the whole industrial society thing... the Mata arc was all tribal and shift. I mean, tribal robots? A weird mishmash of nature, magic and technology? To me, THAT is what Bionicle was about. Once they lost that the franchise was as good as dead to me. I dunno if they ever got it back in later arcs, couldn't care enough to find out.

This, sorta. I wouldn't have wanted it to stay on the original island any longer than it did, it would have bled it to death, but the other locations didn't interest me nearly as much, either.

Literal representation of BZPower right now (stay till the end. Trust me. You'd do it for a Marvel movie):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik49aju9fSk

IN OTHER NEWS: Checking the search bar for "BIONICLE" now will lead to Hero Factory once more. Was this a mistake on LEGO's part, or a prank?

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

The hype train never ends.

Let's just hope that these new sets (if they're real) have some cool parts to play with.

Fluffy Cupcake

HypeHypeHypeHype. Well actually, I'm not really all that hyped myself, even though it is still cool to hear this returning. As McJobless said, we can only hope these sets have some sweet parts.

The Ace Railgun

There's not enough hype on this thread to break the hype speed barrier, let's get hype people, we can do better than this.

IcOqh.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

You know what this means right?

LEGO is gonna make BIONICLE their flagship theme.
Which means there will be a BIONICLE TV show.

Just like Chima.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.