Relocation Mod

Fluffy Cupcake

Fluffy Cupcake

gallery_426_377_241771.png

A lot of stuff has been relocated. Here is a breakdown.

• Golden Bricks
  • Bonus Vortexes
  • Your starting positions
  • Bonus Pickups
  • Misc

And I patched The Berg's popular shortcut by moving a checkpoint.

Perhaps I may relocate NPCs in a later update.

The game may be a slight more challenging with this mod.

Download:

http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/63

• Like 5

Shadowblaze

And I patched The Berg's popular shortcut by moving a checkpoint.

Whaaaaat! You managed to change checkpoints? How did you do that? I've been struggling for quite a lot of time to get them to work. This means we can finally do custom races! :D

Anyway, I see you're finally picking up your old projects. :P

Fluffy Cupcake

How did you do that? I've been struggling for quite a lot of time to get them to work.

Anyway, I see you're finally picking up your old projects. :P

All I did was move it forwards a bit. As for totally moving a checkpoint to somewhere completely new, last time I tried that it didn't work out well for me either for some reason.

Yes, yes I am. I'll probably either finish off my custom hud, or work on voiced scripts next.

• 2 weeks later...

(Very-Nearly-Spoiler-Free-Review)

So I finally completed this to 99% (See later).

I have to say, this is great. The fact that your starting position is now 8th makes far more sense. However, you can still get to 1st easily by sprinting at the beginning.

The Berg's shortcut isn't really patched: you can still take a hard turn left. But you don't get in front of him immediately. You should have moved the other checkpoint, Xiron. :P

Sparky has been moved for the worlds, which means that it's a pain to find him. If you could, could you make the arrow point towards him.

The bonus brick and bonus game locations are far harder to find now. (and nigh on impossible to get :P) Also, in the bonus games he moved the position of the pickups and where you have to drop them off to. This makes them a lot harder, and in the case of Dino Island impossible because Xiron shoved one inside a building (where Mike is; near a river) that is "possible" (so he says :P) to get. However, I sent him some co-ordinates... did you update it? The download link?

DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU'VE FOUND EVERYTHING. Seriously: the fun you will have, having not been spoiled by not opening this spoiler, will be magnificent. Don't read it, unless you a) are Xiron, or b) have found everything.

Hey, I told you not to open it! Seriously, just play the game yourself. You don't want to be spoiled.

About embedding stuff: particularly in Xalax: to me, that takes away the point of the Explore mode. What's the point of it if everything else is hidden inside a race? Yes, more searching, but frankly is was becoming a pain in Xalax to search EVERY RACE to find something.

The only exception I'd ever make would be that if it was clearly visible (but no less hard to get :P) so that you know that it's there. But I remember LimeKiller making a rant about how Legend of Zelda had those pillars which you were supposed to throw a bomb at but nothing ever told him that, so in some ways this is applicable here too.

I can understand why you'd want to do that, but frankly it would make the game a pain.

Overall, it increases the fun-ness of the Explore mode but doesn't really do that much for races.

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

If you could, could you make the arrow point towards him.

did you update it? The download link?

DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU'VE FOUND EVERYTHING.

About embedding stuff: particularly in Xalax: to me, that takes away the point of the Explore mode. What's the point of it if everything else is hidden inside a race? Yes, more searching, but frankly is was becoming a pain in Xalax to search EVERY RACE to find something.

The only exception I'd ever make would be that if it was clearly visible (but no less hard to get :P) so that you know that it's there. But I remember LimeKiller making a rant about how Legend of Zelda had those pillars which you were supposed to throw a bomb at but nothing ever told him that, so in some ways this is applicable here too.

I can understand why you'd want to do that, but frankly it would make the game a pain.

Overall, it increases the fun-ness of the Explore mode but doesn't really do that much for races.

But, then you wouldn't have trouble finding him. :P

I did, almost immediately.

Yeah, I guess I should leave a hint somewhere eh?

Also, like the mod wasn't a pain enough? :P

Races coming soon. I can't really do anything about races, unless I made totally new routes, or move the pits, or something.

You're the developer; of course you'll find him easily. :P

It wasn't a pain. It was fun, challenging.

• 3 months later...
Fluffy Cupcake

You're the developer; of course you'll find him easily. :P

It wasn't a pain. It was fun, challenging.

But of course! >: )

Well, I'm glad to hear that I didn't make it too difficult to the point it was a pain! Challenge is good, but overdone in difficulty is just too much.

Well, I'm glad to hear that I didn't make it too difficult to the point it was a pain! Challenge is good, but overdone in difficulty is just too much.

It's kinda hard to make LR2 a challenge but it is possible. Yes, you can place the bonus powerups in impossible locations but that's not making a challenge. You can move the start point to a long way away but that's not creating a challenge: that's just mindless difficulty.

Fluffy Cupcake
  • impossible locations
  • just mindless difficulty.

Exactly! A good part of making something 'difficult' is understanding the difference between a challenge and making something either mindless or impossible.

Sometimes I like to be stupid and put things in silly places, and this is a problem, because being completely ridiculous isn't the definition of challenge either (like remember that one bonus game pickup I put in that one building? Yeah, that's a good example.)

Sometimes I like to be stupid and put things in silly places, and this is a problem, because being completely ridiculous isn't the definition of challenge either.

Putting things in silly places is fine so long as there's nothing forcing you to find that within a period of time. Putting a Golden Brick in the -spoiler- of Dino Island is ridiculous, but it's also a challenge because that's the point of the Golden Bricks: to get you to explore. Putting all the powerups off the racetrack would be ridiculous and mindlessly stupid, because that's not what they're there for.

EDIT: Spoiler removed...

Fluffy Cupcake

Putting a Golden Brick in the -spoiler- of Dino Island is ridiculous, but it's also a challenge because that's the point of the Golden Bricks: to get you to explore. Putting all the powerups off the racetrack would be ridiculous and mindlessly stupid, because that's not what they're there for.

Correct on that one, again!

Come to think of it though, having something required of being obtained in a silly place before a time limit runs out isn't so much dumb as you think. It makes the player have to memorize and develop the skill to get that place in as quick time as possible.

Come to think of it though, having something required of being obtained in a silly place before a time limit runs out isn't so much dumb as you think. It makes the player have to memorize and develop the skill to get that place in as quick time as possible.

Not when you don't know where it is. Then it just becomes a pesky task, as the countdown won't help at all.

With the collection games, at least you have the radar. True, it doesn't tell you the height, which is amusing, but it gives you a good idea of where it is.

Fluffy Cupcake

Not when you don't know where it is. Then it just becomes a pesky task, as the countdown won't help at all.

Countdown....? The bonus game, the only thing in the game with a reducing timer, doesn't have a countdown. *is confused*

To put it simple, the bonus game would not be something you could complete on your first run, or would be hard to, due to the lack of knowledge of placement. As you gain more knowledge and get to memorize some placements, it becomes easier.

To put it simple, the bonus game would not be something you could complete on your first run, or would be hard to, due to the lack of knowledge of placement. As you gain more knowledge and get to memorize some placements, it becomes easier.

Nevertheless, you have the radar that tells you where things vaguely are.

To portray my point, I'm going to say that you have a timer for finding the Golden Bricks. I'd personally just give up, as the timer is a plain nuisance. It doesn't add anything to the game:  you have to continually restart and that's not what the Golden Bricks are about. The Golden Bricks are a result of exploration, not time-induced panic driving like the collection bonus games are.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.