LR2 - Problems with modding PLAYER ONE TORSO.MIP?

Mr. Ash

I recently created a torso texture for LR2. After opening PLAYER ONE TORSO.MIP, I pasted my custom texture onto the image and saved it as an uncompressed .TGA before making it override the original .MIP file  When running the game, My texture did not show up. Instead, I got this garbled mess:

gallery_4350_337_98842.jpg

At first, I thought that I had just incorrectly created/saved my custom texture. I watched Xiron's LR2 modding tutorial for textures to see if I missed anything, but I seemed to have done everything correctly. I also wanted to see if a custom torso texture made by someone else would work, so I downloaded a random mod, copied the torso texture and had it override the original texture under the same name. The results were successful and displayed the texture correctly. Clueless on what the problem was with my texture, I decided to have it override CHARACTER SEVEN TORSO.MIP and see if it would even make a difference. To my surprise, the texture was actually working:

gallery_4350_337_88294.jpg

Now that my texture is displaying correctly, I went back into the character files to put back the original PLAYER ONE TORSO.MIP. However, the torso is continuing to display the same problem that I ran into in the first place. I was able to fix this by reinstalling the game, but it seems right now that I have one torso that I can't make changes to. Has anyone else ran into this problem? If so, is there a known way right now to fix it?

JrMasterModelBuilder

I think someone else had this issue. I believe it was caused by one of the following.

• Alpha transparency.
  • Indexed colors.
  • Compression.

I don't remember which it was. Perhaps someone who personally had the issue can weigh in?

• 4 weeks later...

Be sure to uncheck compression when saving in paint.net.

Otherwise, I don't really know.

Look at what JrMasterModelBuilder said.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.