Review: #76021 The Milano Spaceship Rescue

Minifig9292

Minifig9292

76021 The Milano Spaceship Rescue
Review by Kat

ar6MDuu.jpg

Click the picture to make it larger (durr)

Review

DAAAAAAAAYUM this is a nice set.

To get it out of the way: The little black ship is super lame and really dumb. The design is boring and I just plain don't like it.

Now onto the meat of this: The Milano.

The Milano just looks awesome first of all. The front has a very awesome owl-like shape to it and the whole thing is really cleverly put together.

The interior is just freakin' great man. It has nice little details like Star-Lord's cassette tape player and a fire extinguisher. The pilot's chair is probably my favorite bit in there, I enjoy the look of that thing so much. It also has three extra chairs to seat the other Guardians (except Groot), or whoever you want.

The only thing that would make this ship even better is if it didn't have all these stickers.

The minifigs are, as always, completely awesome.

Star-Lord comes with his two element-guns and a hair piece (not shown). This Star-Lord is not the same as the one in the Starblaster Showdown set. This one has the Guardians uniform instead of his jacket. Star-Lord's emblem is on the left breast of the uniform, which is a very nice touch. Nice detailing and a very nice minifig.

Gamora comes with a dull silver sword. She has a double faced head, one side is a smiling expression, while the other is angry. I was very surprised to see that Gamora's hair piece actually had some small purple highlights in it.

Drax comes with two grey knives. I really enjoy Drax's minfig. Go find a more detailed picture than mine. In his tattoos he has actual smiling classic lego skulls in them, which is a really cute detail that adds a bunch to the minifig.

Ronan the Accuser comes with his trademark hammer and a cape. The detailing on Ronan is pretty darn good. I really like how his cowl fits with his cape. It's a nice effect.

Overall THIS SET IS FANTASTIC. It is totally worth the 75 bucks. While I feel it should have included Rocket Raccoon or maybe an extra generic badguy minifig, it is still a quality set. The Milano is a great looking ship, and this set does it justice.

Rating

Design: 10 / 10
Quality: 10 / 10
Fun: 9 / 10
Price: 9 / 10

To finish off these GotG reviews, have the whole cast of minifigs:

bXD8aCF.jpg

• 4 months later...

The parts used in this thing are an interesting mix. Despite this not being entirely LEGO's fault, I can't help but feel repulsed by the colours on the Milano. I think that if the set itself were bigger it could have allowed for more ship detail because the LEGO build of the Milano looks a little rushed. Just my opinion though.

I think that if the set itself were bigger it could have allowed for more ship detail because the LEGO build of the Milano looks a little rushed.

I completely agree with you. They lack of thinking.

I didn't know LEGO was making sets for this series, nice. About the prize, I have to disagree. Four years ago, that set would have costed 20 dollars less, which would be a fairer prize.

I didn't know LEGO was making sets for this series, nice.

Neither did I, this was the first time I've seen them. Maybe they didn't do much promotion for the LEGO sets, or it's because I haven't been in stores for a while. Personally, not a fan of GOTG though.

For Groot, it looks like the design was half made. They created a custom body and then tried to fuse generic LEGO parts for the arms and legs making it look very disproportionate.

• 3 weeks later...

That's quite a lot you get for $75! And the detail on the figures is pretty darn good.

If no one's seen it, Brotherhood Workshop have made a pretty awesome animation using this kit. Check it out here, it's great whether you've seen the movie or not.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.