Custom Map Requests Thread.

RockRaiderWolf

RockRaiderWolf

I'm currently experiencing a bit of mapper's block so thought I would post a place for people to submit their Ideas either for me or another RRU Mapper to create.

Basically this is intended to be a place where you can post your ideas for new missions in hopes that I or someone else will make them. The basic rules for requests are as follows:

• Include as much detail as possible
  • What type of monsters should emerge and should there be any bats or slugs? How Many?
  • What buildings might you think should be pre-built?
  • What is the Mission Objective?
  • How hard should the level be, Easy, Medium, or Hard?
  • Should the level be fast paced? How long do you think the level should take?
  • How large should the map be, Small (<30x30 squares), Medium (312 - 502 ), Large (512 - 752 ), or Giant (762 and up)
  • Is there limited Oxygen?
  • Is there water? rivers or lakes?
  • Is there Lava? rivers or lakes? does it cause erosion?
  • Hidden objects/enemies?
  • Pre-placed objects/enemies?
  • any special paremeters or restrictions?
  • What Biome will it use?
  • Anything else that might be important

Remember these are only basic rules to help make your idea more likely to be made, not all of this is 100% required.

Finished Maps

Rebuild - For Ben24x7

PS: Putting requested maps in Commissioned maps folder because I hope to receive a Like in return. not asking for anything else so Don't Panic! (anyone else just get a sense of deja vu? ) :P

Edited by RockRaiderWolf

• 2 months later...

Well, I had an idea in mind for one of my levels to basically involve a huge trip by some Rock Raiders from a destroyed base across a huge cavern complex while simultaneously trying to keep lava from eroding a massive land bridge on the way so that they can get to the other side, and then continuing the mining operation and collecting X energy crystals (there'd be energy crystal caches along the way that'd motivate players to keep the bridge alive even after crossing - a high-stress mission).

Oh, there'd be limited oxygen.

Was thinking either the Lava biome or my Igneous biome (the Igneous biome is darker, so it might work better visually).

Was going to have props to make the map look much better.

Lots of lava.

Some red scorpions, maybe, and bats and snakes.

And maybe a hidden cache of crystals somewhere at the destroyed base.

Yup.  There you go.  Still will probably attempt it, I've done some maps already.  It'll need some nerps and scripting, though.

Lets see...

...The objective of my idea Mission is that you need to establish a base and find the other base (which is empty and abandoned) and bring it up to standard (Place down Power Paths, store Energy Crystals and Ore, etc). Once the old base has been renewed the objective is to get 20 Energy Crystals. The level will be named "An invisible past".

The biome would be Rock and it will include water which would be seen streaming behind the old base. There is no limited Oxygen, Monsters, Eroding Lava or time limits so that the player doesn't feel rushed and can take their time. No Bats, it is frustrating when you have a Rock Raider carrying stuff when they drop it and run in the other direction and the Bats stick around for a long time. The map size I'd suggest to be around Medium to Large.

For the old base the Buildings that would be there would be as follows:

- No Toolstore

- Teleport Pad (Unpowered at first)

- Empty Power Station

- Support Station (Unpowered at first)

- No Power Paths

No other requests.

Edited by Ben24x7

RockRaiderWolf

Well, I had an idea in mind for one of my levels to basically involve a huge trip by some Rock Raiders from a destroyed base across a huge cavern complex while simultaneously trying to keep lava from eroding a massive land bridge on the way so that they can get to the other side, and then continuing the mining operation and collecting X energy crystals (there'd be energy crystal caches along the way that'd motivate players to keep the bridge alive even after crossing - a high-stress mission).

Oh, there'd be limited oxygen.

Was thinking either the Lava biome or my Igneous biome (the Igneous biome is darker, so it might work better visually).

Was going to have props to make the map look much better.

Lots of lava.

Some red scorpions, maybe, and bats and snakes.

And maybe a hidden cache of crystals somewhere at the destroyed base.

Yup.  There you go.  Still will probably attempt it, I've done some maps already.  It'll need some nerps and scripting, though.

Lets see...

...The objective of my idea Mission is that you need to establish a base and find the other base (which is empty and abandoned) and bring it up to standard (Place down Power Paths, store Energy Crystals and Ore, etc). Once the old base has been renewed the objective is to get 20 Energy Crystals.

The biome would be Rock and it will include water which would be seen streaming behind the old base. There is no limited Oxygen, Monsters, Eroding Lava or time limits so that the player doesn't feel rushed and can take their time. No Bats, it is frustrating when you have a Rock Raider carrying stuff when they drop it and run in the other direction and the Bats stick around for a long time.

For the old base the Buildings that would be there would be as follows:

- No Toolstore

- Teleport Pad (Unpowered at first)

- Empty Power Station

- Support Station (Unpowered at first)

- No Power Paths

No other requests.

I will make yours first Ben24x7 as it will be easier to make and does not ask for any of the unfinished monsters (which will require me to lookup how to get them to work).

Edit: Btw you have a level name in mind? oh and how large of a map did you have in mind? if you want to just reference one of the official levels as about how big you want it.

Okay, my request has been updated. But if you don't want to reread the same request to find the two additions I added that the map would be named "An invisible past" (this is because of the abandoned base) and that the map size would be around Medium to Large.

RockRaiderWolf

Okay, my request has been updated. But if you don't want to reread the same request to find the two additions I added that the map would be named "An invisible past" (this is because of the abandoned base) and that the map size would be around Medium to Large.

I went ahead and did a map though it may be too small for your liking. go ahead and give it a look and let me know if you would like me to redo it at a larger size. btw I did not quite finish the npl yet so if it IS to your liking I will need to update it, right now all you need to beat the mission is to find the base and collect 21 crystals plus. Lastly I did add monsters but not too many and they do not appear too close to your base so it should not be too much of a challenge.

PS: link in spoiler at bottom of first post.

Well, thanks but I won't be able to try it out until my Windows gets updated and that I get Lego Rock Raiders reinstalled.

RockRaiderWolf

Well, thanks but I won't be able to try it out until my Windows gets updated and that I get Lego Rock Raiders reinstalled.

Updated? Okay whatever then I might go ahead and get started on a larger version as well as finishing the npl for current one.

BTW currently map is 35 by 35 squares.

• 1 month later...
Fluffy Cupcake

Make a map shaped like my username. I've got no original ideas, sorry.

I'm thinking maybe an ice map with lava, those don't seem very common (although it is logical to not see this).

Maybe have a map starting out with one pre-teleported raider and a tunnel scout on a tiny island in the center of the map surrounded by a lake of water. This pretty much means you have to explore and find your own place in the caverns to start your base. There could be several land chucks andor islands for you to choose to start your base (or base(s)) on, none of which are evident to be the most rich in resources.

If going with land chunks with one big mainland, make the richest section of the map have hard rock, hidden by behind a few layers of dirt/lose rock, and this area of land wouldn't have enough room for a super teleport pad on it (cause OP chrome crushers).

If only islands, just randomly scatter resources all over! Some rich islands, some practically resourceless, and others just standard islands.

Limited oxygen? Hmmm, perhaps, yes.

Objective: Collect 40 energy crystals (or whatever, this can be changed to fit what is deemed best after testing)

RockRaiderWolf

Make a map shaped like my username. I've got no original ideas, sorry.

I'm thinking maybe an ice map with lava, those don't seem very common (although it is logical to not see this).

Maybe have a map starting out with one pre-teleported raider and a tunnel scout on a tiny island in the center of the map surrounded by a lake of water. This pretty much means you have to explore and find your own place in the caverns to start your base. There could be several land chucks andor islands for you to choose to start your base (or base(s)) on, none of which are evident to be the most rich in resources.

If going with land chunks with one big mainland, make the richest section of the map have hard rock, hidden by behind a few layers of dirt/lose rock, and this area of land wouldn't have enough room for a super teleport pad on it (cause OP chrome crushers).

If only islands, just randomly scatter resources all over! Some rich islands, some practically resourceless, and others just standard islands.

Limited oxygen? Hmmm, perhaps, yes.

Objective: Collect 40 energy crystals (or whatever, this can be changed to fit what is deemed best after testing)

Alright I will probably start work on this one tommorrow, thanks for the reply! :)

• 2 months later...

I'm attempting to get the map into LRR, but the file type ".7z" is overlooked by the Map Creator.

Could you fix that?

A 7z file is like a zip. You need to extract it first.

• 3 years later...
  • Administrators
ShadowDraikana

@RockRaiderWolf Just for the heck of it I gave Rebuild a try since I apparently missed this map.  The fact that this wasn't finished is an understatement.  If Ben24x7 had been able to test this, he would have immediately noticed that your npl is broken.  Granted you didn't finish it, but it's broken: the npl instantly fails the map.  Since you did not include your npl source (which I would have appreciated you having), I had to decompile your npl and manually remove the trouble-maker.  For the record, this is the script with the problem highlighted: 

True ? SetTutorialFlags 0
True ? SetMessagePermit 1
True ? SetR1 0
True ? SetR2 0
GetToolStoresBuilt = 1 ? AddR1 1
GetPowerstationsBuilt = 1 ? AddR1 1
GetGeodomeBuilt = 1 ? AddR1 1 
GetDocksBuilt = 1 ? AddR1 1
GetTeleportsBuilt = 1 ? AddR1 1
GetBarracksBuilt = 1 ? AddR1 1
GetR1 < 6 ? SetLevelFail
GetR1 > 6 ? SetLevelFail

GetCrystalsCurrentlyStored > 20 ? AddR2 1
GetHiddenObjectsFound > 0 ? AddR2 1 
GetR2 = 2 ? SetLevelCompleted

You have the buildings set up so that the level instantly fails itself.  This is a fairly significant oversight and one that I am stunned went unnoticed for almost four years.

On top of this, the GetHiddenObjectsFound didn't work as intended and doesn't fulfill that half of the completion condition.

Then there's the map itself.  Again, most of this can be attributed to the fact that it was unfinished, but nonetheless here are my main review points:

1. Monster placement was good, so points for that.  

2. All that hard rock felt strange since I was expecting a small cavern in the middle of it.  

3. Heightmap I didn't particularly care for but that could just be me.

4. Recharge seam that can be destroyed is a small issue because of the sparkles not going away bug.

5. Geological Center loves to disappear on this level thanks to the bug I documented in my map editing oddities topic.  Placement needs to be adjusted.

6. Docks is utterly useless because the running along edges of walls near water is a thing on this map.

7. The pothole bug appear near the Power Station.

Anyway those are just some things I noticed should you revisit this map.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.