The LEGO Ninjago Movie

STUDZ

Looks like we're getting a spinoff based on The LEGO Movie. Ninjago's getting a Big-screen movie to "spin off" of TLM. This film will be released on September 23, 2016. How The LEGO Group will keep sets and whatnot going for the Ninjago theme remains to be seen, but hey, feature film.

As well, in case some of you didn't know, the sequel to The LEGO Movie is slated in for May 26, 2017.

So The LEGO Movie is turning into a big franchise. What was stated before in another news story has been confirmed.

Sources: http://time.com/106983/lego-movie-spinoff-ninjago-release-date/ 

http://www.groovebricks.com/lego-ninjago-movie-coming-september-23-2016/

• Like 2

Alec Warper

I have a TON of things to say about Ninjago, (but I dont want to turn this into a Ninjago hate thread) and this hurts because it means means Ninjago is staying until 2016. =( The ONLY hope i have for this, is the fact that they made fun of the idea of a Ninjago Movie already, so HOPEFULLY it wont be too stupid, however seeing a spinoff from TLM from a side character point could be funny anyway. But if it was a space spinoff (which would be way more marketable to anyone who grew up with lego, which was the true charm of TLM origianlly) I'd probably make a video of me running around my house screaming. There's just nothing to say about some characters who already have their own awful show, and one side character in the movie with no lines. I'd love to see a film with new characters from the classic space sets, and more silly space goodness. As a thank you for reading all this, have some spaceyness.

Siblings.jpg

have some spaceyness

HbHikzb.gif

(EDIT: I forgot where I saw this before, but it seemed like a good place to post it here :P)

Seaborgium

Ninjago is like a buffalo that was shot with arrows and is still dragging along west. It's made it to Denver already amazingly, but really, just let the poor thing die. It should have died years ago. Heck, people speculate that it actually did die after three years and has been raised from the grave by some heinous to continue as a undead cash-not-cow-but-similar-enough.

• Like 2

Meanwhile, the news media says the Ninjago movie is a "spin off" from TLM despite having no citation to back up that claim and the offical press release not saying such (thankfully, they have not picked up this teaser trailer).

Just because WB produced the amazing movie known as The LEGO Movie, some of the directors of TLM are working on this, and the fact they do mention the success of TLM does not mean Ninjago is a spinoff. Some may say this teaser is proof it is, but it really isn't. Both TLM and Ninjago is, well, LEGO, and what better way to announce your upcoming LEGO-themed film than by advertising it alongside your still-popular previous LEGO-themed film?

I've read that press release multiple times. I see nothing that would suggest Ninjago is a TLM spinoff. What I do see is WB capitalizing on The LEGO Movie's success by officially announcing a new LEGO movie that has some of the same people who worked on TLM working on this (yes, I know we knew about this last year. I've taken that into account).

Just like the Apple rumors, one fire feeds another until it has grown into this. I recall seeing articles around TLM's release saying one thing that, when traced back to the source, said nothing of the sort.

*sigh*

EDIT: I just noticed the Dan and Kevin Hageman (writers of the TV show) are not listed in the press release. Interesting...

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

(Thanks Vector C. for bringing this to my attention.)

Just going to debunk this now, there is at least one claim that the Ninjago movie will be live-action. This claim is false. The article refers to a reposting of the official Ninjago movie WB Press Release, the same one I linked >above that supposedly stated Ninjago would be a TLM spinoff. Just as the spinoff claim has no grounding, so this live-action claim is also false.

In short, don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_CgPsGY5Mw

• Like 1

MaelstromIslander

the Ninjago movie will be live-action

live-action

Okay, i have no idea who would come up with a fib as stupid as that, i dont think anyone would believe a live-acting lego movie. LEGO media is nothing BUT lego, who cares if there was three human actors in the lego movie? Theres always going to be LEGO in a LEGO-related thing.

• 4 weeks later...

Already discussing it here:

Lemme guess, this means TLM2 will be released in the year 2020? If thats true, then I see no point watching it.

what

(Thanks Vector C. for bringing this to my attention.)

Just going to debunk this now, there is at least one claim that the Ninjago movie will be live-action. This claim is false.

So I'm guessing the Bionicle reboot won't be accompanied by the rumored live action BionicleJam Broadway musical either. :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Take this all with a small-ish pinch of salt, but there's a plot synopsis here that's apparently "the official version from warnerbros.com" from two days ago. Have a read:

Ninjago is the story of six young ninja tasked with defending their island home, called Ninjago. By night, they’re gifted warriors, using their skill and awesome fleet of vehicles to fight villains and monsters. By day, they’re ordinary teens, struggling against their greatest enemy: high school. 

Oh dear. Oh dear.

Also there's a poster on that site that could also be real (?):

279559.jpg

I've asked Philip Lord and Chris Miller to confirm if this is real or not on twitter, but for now we'll sorta have to take their word for it I guess?

Oh dearie me, this isn't looking good.

• Like 2

Oh man, if this is real.... I just know we're going to slide right back into a Fight for Nya and I don't think my blood pressure can take that

Dazzgracefulmoon

we're getting schoolgirl ninjago....I bet zane's gonna be the tsundre....not like I'd know or anything....

• Like 1

Having looked at the site and through the WB site and press releases, I say take this as the fan edits to the Ninjago Wikipedia page ("At the end of Season 3, Jay asked Nya if she would marry him and she said yes no because he had a booger hanging out his nose"). I have never heard of this site or seen it linked as a citation in any article about leaked news, it looks a lot like an IMDB clone, and managed all by a single person? Suure, that screams accurate and trustworthy to me.

Additionally, I've just dug though the WB site and press releases. The last update on Ninjago was April 20, 2015, the same one I have linked before. Wherever this description came from, it doesn't seem to be from the WB site.

Finally, if it is true and the film really is set in high school.... what is the problem, again? We already knew the film is going to follow a different story line than the show. I see literally nothing wrong here. In fact, when looking at the teaser video with this in mind, it would make sense. Why else would there be ninja on skateboards acting the way they did unless they were teenagers? As Jobless said, kids like to think they know about things older kids know. For the intended 8-12 year old demographic, high school makes perfect sense.

This looks really good.

• lol username changed the title to The LEGO Ninjago Movie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.