le717 Reads "lego island: the warm day"

le717

Recorded December 3, 2013 in a Skype call (which I don't join often) in another (read: not RRU) group I'm was formerly in known as the LUR. For some idea, I started reading the truly awful LEGO Island fanfic "lego island: the warm day". I had to stop as my parents came home, so chapter 5 (the last chapter) is not present. I am considering rerecording this some day (maybe soon). This has been sitting on my hard drive in the raw Audacity project since I recorded it, and tonight I had the notion to edit and publish it.

Pardon the quality. I never need to use my laptop's built in mic ever again.

[8:37:28 PM] Triangle717: I don't even
[8:37:35 PM] Triangle717: I was not on anything
[8:37:40 PM] Triangle717: But it sounds like I was
[8:37:43 PM] Triangle717: It is so...
[8:37:47 PM] Triangle717: funny silly crazy
[8:37:52 PM] Triangle717: what on earth
[8:37:56 PM] Triangle717: "fun"

Yea, I'm scared on so many levels right now.

Link.

• Like 11

Seaborgium

I can't tell if the fanfic is legit or a parody of bad fanfiction. Lego Island doesn't jump to mind as fanfic fuel, and I have to think that anyone who played the game would be old enough to know not to right such horrid, horrid stuff.

Still, it could be legit. People never fail to befuddle me.

EDIT.

Listened to it. Oh gosh, your poor friend. If he knew that he would recorded on such an infamous work.

Having seen Veggietales when I was a youngster, I can't help but imagine the underaged "REBELL" who keeps "bukin[is that even a word?] his guts out on every pizza" as a gourd.

Quisoves Potoo

Oh dear... My head, my heart, my everything,,,

Looking at the last chapter, I'm actually glad you didn't get to it. It might just have been too much.

Looking at the last chapter, I'm actually glad you didn't get to it. It might just be too much.

*Starts reading chapter 5 to prepare for recording*

Quisoves Potoo

Looking at the last chapter, I'm actually glad you didn't get to it. It might just be too much.

*Starts reading chapter 5 to prepare for recording*

Well, I suppose that sanity won't be all that necessary for finals... :P

Oh wow. A heart-warming tale of heat and pizzas. Truly a wonderful masterpiece. Congratulations! *actually takes bush off this time* It is a wonderful story. The plot twist and the cliffhanger at the end? Don't leave me hanging. I want to know how if you're looking at LI1 how there are actually 8 people on the island. I beg you, sir, give me this truly important information! And what happened to his original quest?

One thing is clear: You must make LEGOS ILAND: TEH WORM DEY.

O.T.
Shouldn't this have gone under Theme Fan Fiction?

• 1 year later...
Shadowblaze

Sorry for bumping this. Not sorry. I came across this fan fiction again while exercising for pronounciation and recording everything, and for the life of me I couldn't finish a single sentence without cracking up in laughter. That's how good it is. I might upload my attempt at voicing this (I won't). And gosh, I do sound British sometimes. =P

• 2 years later...

Apologies for the bump, but I gotta say that this is Half Life: Full Life Consequences-level of funny! XD Aside from the laughter on the other side of the Skype call, and the interjections of commentary, this could easily sound like a dramatic reading! XD

Kudos for reading this, Le717! I started reading this year(s) ago, and I was too weirded out to continue. :P

13 hours ago, Rock Raider fan no.1 said:

Aside from the laughter on the other side of the Skype call, and the interjections of commentary, this could easily sound like a dramatic reading! XD

Teeeechnniiiiicallllllly, I could do a more "professional"/dramatic reading now. I have a better mic and have improved my voice acting abilities. It probably can't match the original, but it'd be something, for sure.

4 minutes ago, le717 said:

Teeeechnniiiiicallllllly, I could do a more "professional"/dramatic reading now. I have a better mic and have improved my voice acting abilities. It probably can't match the original, but it'd be something, for sure.

That'd be something. :P If you did it, then I could possibly animate it in GMod. :P I'd prefer Blender, but HL:FLC was animated in GMod. :P

It's not a requirement, though, just an idea. :P

By the way, even in the lower quality mic four years ago, you had a pretty decent voice. I'm actually sort of looking for voice over artists for my animation projects, and I was wondering if you would be interested if I ever made a casting call?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.