Garage Search = LEGO game I never knew I had

Drill Master

Drill Master

So I was searching boxes in my garage, and I found a box of old PC games. I found all my old kid games like Putt Putt, Pajama Sam, I Spy, Tonka, etc. Then I noticed something. 3 little disks in the bottom of the box. I pulled them out and to my amazement, these were found.

gallery_4309_262_1684738.jpg

On the left: LEGO Soft Ware Demo CD

In the middle: Bricks ( I KNEW I HAD THIS SOMEWHERE! :D  )

And on the right: LEGO Alpha Team (Which I didn't even know I had.)

So I don't remember what the demo was, if someone else could inform me about it?

There you have it. Random Garage search = Awesome! :D

• Like 4

Sweet! It's always cool to find stuff you didn't know you owned. :D

On 5/8/2014 at 4:44 AM, Drill Master said:

So I don't remember what the demo was, if someone else could inform me about it?

It's a CD that contains demos of other LEGO games from that time (Friends, Racers, >My Style, etc.), wallpapers, maybe an interactive Flash program advertising other games, and other small stuff like that. From the picture, it looks like you have this demo CD, correct? I have it too (as well as others here), but I do not have that case cover (only the disc).

• Like 2

aidenpons

As I recall, someone found the extended RR intro on a demo CD, so maybe you could rummage through the demo disc and see if there's anything noteworthy?

And what is 'Bricks?'

As I recall, someone found the extended RR intro on a demo CD, so maybe you could rummage through the demo disc and see if there's anything noteworthy?

It is not on that disc. I think jamesster has checked every known demo CD (or the ones he has gotten a hold of) and could not find it. That LRR extended intro is still missing, AFAIK.

lol username

There's quite a lot of demo discs that haven't been found by members here and thoroughly inspected yet. I got my copy of the demo disc you have there along with LI2, and bartvbl sent me ISOs for this and this (those are his discs and photos BTW). There's still more promo and demo discs out there, like this thing.

BobaFett2

Nice finds. Personally, I prefer the final version of the video. The extended one feels too long...there's too many [relatively] boring bits.

Brickulator

It is not on that disc. I think jamesster has checked every known demo CD (or the ones he has gotten a hold of) and could not find it. That LRR extended intro is still missing, AFAIK.

Wow, really? I have at least one demo CD with the extended Rock Raiders intro on it, watched it loads as a kid. All my lego CDs and stuff are back home and I won't be there for a few weeks but I'm 90% sure I have the original avi pulled straight from one of the discs somewhere on my hard drive. I'll see if I can find it and upload it somewhere but I won't be able to tell you which disc it's from for a while.

Boom, found it. Enjoy - https://ore.rockraidersunited.org/legacy/rock_689891.avi

• Like 3

lol username

Wow, really? I have at least one demo CD with the extended Rock Raiders intro on it, watched it loads as a kid. All my lego CDs and stuff are back home and I won't be there for a few weeks but I'm 90% sure I have the original avi pulled straight from one of the discs somewhere on my hard drive. I'll see if I can find it and upload it somewhere but I won't be able to tell you which disc it's from for a while.

Boom, found it. Enjoy - https://ore.rockraidersunited.org/legacy/rock_689891.avi

Sweet. Can you get some pics of the discs when you get a chance, and maybe send in the ISOs to the Bionicle Media Project? They collect and host old LEGO-related freeware and promotional stuff. Browse around their site, they have a lot of gems, far beyond Bionicle. I sent in the ISO of my promo disc in, and have been planning to send in the two ISOs I got from bartvbl whenever I get the chance. JrMasterModelBuilder is pretty instrumental in running the site.

JrMasterModelBuilder

Sweet. Can you get some pics of the discs when you get a chance, and maybe send in the ISOs to the Bionicle Media Project? They collect and host old LEGO-related freeware and promotional stuff. Browse around their site, they have a lot of gems, far beyond Bionicle. I sent in the ISO of my promo disc in, and have been planning to send in the two ISOs I got from bartvbl whenever I get the chance. JrMasterModelBuilder is pretty instrumental in running the site.

Not the mention all the press CD's that are out there, probably more than we know. Would love to have any demo/promo/press CD's you guys might have!

• 5 weeks later...
Brickulator

Alright, I found a disc with rock.avi on it. Here's some pics:

legodemo1.jpg

legodemo2.jpg

Code on the disc is DM1G-GEN5 2298873. I can't remember which game I got this with because come on, this thing is 14 years old :P One of the big-box games though, I would have thought, given its different design to all the other later demo CDs I have.

I'm uploading the ISO now but the upload speed here has pretty much completely disappeared since the last time I was home so that might have to wait...

If anyone's interested, I found a few other demo CDs lying around which have the following codes:

GEN-DEMO-02

IB2G-ISXDEMO (x3)

All labelled 2001. I definitely have some others stashed away somewhere. Will investigate when I have more time. And also get this thing uploaded. Tomorrow, maybe. Adios.

EDIT: Here's the ISO, as promised http://www.mediafire.com/download/fr2b8kb7r5elfu0/Legodemo.iso

• Like 5

lol username

The one you uploaded the ISO of, with the Rock Raiders thing on it, looks more than a bit similar to this one bartvbl sent me:

'>

The number's different though - DM1G-GENMU5 2298872 on bartvbl's, yours is DM1G-GEN5 2298873. I don't recall seeing the Rock Raiders extended intro on bartvbl's when I looked over the ISO.

As for GEN-DEMO-02, bartvbl sent me that one too:

'>

Aaaand as for IB2G-ISXDEMO, that's the one I own the actual disc of and sent into the Bionicle Media Project ages ago. Looks like bartvbl has it too, though he didn't send an ISO as it's the same thing - or, is that S a 5 on his?

'>

The back of my paper sleeve for IB2G-ISXDEMO says 2298628 IB2G-ISXUSA5. The disc itself is international (lets you select a language) so I think the USA thing is just for the sleeve.

Thanks for the ISO of yours, I'll download it whenever I'm on wifi that isn't capped. I'll see if I can get the ISOs bartvbl sent me uploaded somewhere as well (unless you want to upload GEN-DEMO-02 as you have it as well, doesn't matter to me).

TheSmartOne

Aaaand as for IB2G-ISXDEMO, that's the one I own the actual disc of and sent into the Bionicle Media Project ages ago. Looks like bartvbl has it too, though he didn't send an ISO as it's the same thing - or, is that S a 5 on his?

'>

The back of my paper sleeve for IB2G-ISXDEMO says 2298628 IB2G-ISXUSA5. The disc itself is international (lets you select a language) so I think the USA thing is just for the sleeve. 

Pretty sure I have this somewhere... Probably the same place as LI1.

Hi ! Mine is the ...72 CD demo for 2000/1.

1402774614-20140614-212631.png

I don't find RR video.

There is beta pics from Racers, Stunt Rally. Some demos (chees, creator, racers and others..)

Bye.

• 1 month later...
Drill Master

UPDATE:

I went on another search in hopes to find LEGO Racers. No luck. However...

med_gallery_4309_262_1588929.jpg

I did find these.

Left: LEGO SOFTWARE 2000/1

Middle: LEGO Friends (never been played)

Right: (off topic, but) Pokémon Play It! TCG featuring the one and only Gen I Pokémon.

Any questions on my new findings?

Drill Master

At first glance the software disk looks like one of the ones bartvbl sent me. Can we get a close-up?

Apparently, I'm out of upload space so says my phone.

But, if this helps, the code on the disk is DM1G-GEN5 2298873.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
lol username

A fella who goes by Ldziat uploaded some stuff (though they apparently pasted the wrong link for the second one): http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/various-lego-demos-and-promotional-discs.53021/

Of note are a Galidor CD (not much on it though):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zzmmhzzonyd/Galidor.rar

And this:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/k5k0zan1argn14c/Lego_Software_Demo_CD_2000-1.rar

Lego Software Demo CD 2000/1 (2000)

This is a demo disc that was included with another Lego software title. The copyright date is 2000.

No ID was given, but it's 592 MB (the similar "2000-1" discs we have are different sizes: DM1G-GEN5 from Brickulator is 593 MB, DM1G-GENMU5 from bartvbl is 595). Contains demos of Chess, Creator, Friends, Loco, and Racers. Videos are the Alpha Team intro, LCKK intro, LEGOLAND intro, extended Rock Raiders intro, and Stunt Rally intro. Also has some MyStyle demo stuff. Nothing too interesting, but hey, it's here.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.