[Request] Way to increase Car Creator Brick Limit

CVDek

Does Anyone know how to increase the Brick Limit of the Car Creator?

I was trying it myself via CE and found some 8 Byte Values. Freezing didn't work so i nopped the accessing code. This freezed my Game.

Maybe someone else already found a Way to. Might be a way via editing the *.exe or something in the game data.

(Tried to rebuild Sam Sanister's Car - I need about 3 Bricks more than I have)

Regards

Dek

-

Edit: I just found the other topic - wasn't really what I was looking for .... can't delete my own topic tho'.

Fluffy Cupcake

I think there is only a certain amount of data (2F4 bytes) a car can use. Anything over MAY break the Save Game when saving simply because there is no room and other important stuff will be replaced or offseted. (pre-built vehicles are in the game's files though, so maybe there could be a way to transfer there after saving and bypass the limit *shurgs*).

No I have not studied the behaviour of the game in this manner, so I could hopefully be wrong.

The Savegame can hold it - that's not the Problem.

Sanister's Car has more Bricks than "allowed" and I was able to rebuild it now using this glitch.

(its pretty hard since you have to set bricks you can't place later and so on)

Savegame didn't break - so Savegame is able to handle it.

Maybe we can make the Prebuild cars modifyable or something.

I should maybe look into the Savegame Structure so I can edit there. (I did that with a lot of other games).

And I got myself a Savegame as Rocket Racer with the Rocket Racer Car in Prebuilds in every World (0% Savegame - could upload it if requested)

Fluffy Cupcake

The Savegame can hold it - thats not the Problem.

Sanister's Car has more Bricks than "allowed" and I was able to rebuild it now using this glitch.

(its pretty hard since you have to set bricks you can't place later and so on)

Hmm. I would be interested in seeing a save with a "over limit" glitch.

Sanister's prebuilt car is the same length of every other vehicle in the files though, oddly...

Maybe we can make the Prebuild cars modifyable or something.

I should maybe look into the Savegame Structure so I can edit there. (I did that with a lot of other games).

Erhm. You mean this. ;P

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Sanister's Car has exactly 5 Bricks more than allowed. I'll upload it later.

And yeah that's kinda what I meant. Thank you. (Actually I was talking about putting the finished prebuilds into the Build Menu so you can modify them)

Kept working -
There is a maximum Brick Number the Savegame can handle. (It is 36 - Tested)
Chassis count as Bricks. (You can actually use a Chassis as Brick on a Chassis.)
The Wheels are actually not Part of a Chassis. (You can combine every Wheel with every Chassis - for example Rama Wheels on Digger)
Preset Cars CAN'T be rebuilt perfectly because they have Brick Positions which are not "valid" in car builder (you can get them via hex)

You can. Just change the value that counts the number of bricks with CE. The car builder allows a maximum of 20, you can raise this to a maximum of 30. Don't go over that, or your game will crash.

I know that since I was working on it for a while. But thank you anyways. I've looked a bit further into the structure of the Cars Structure. Now I am able to do a bit more than the normal Car Builder :)

Actually you can go over 30. The Maximum is 36.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.