TT Games Explorer

Ac_K

Some more info.

To add a character:

[...]

3.Add character data string into chars/marvelminifig.cpj. This is tricky, but doable, there are straightforward string lines and several size/offset pointers.

[...]

I already did step 1,2 and 4, but I really hav problems with step 3.

I have just a little experience with hex and would like to have a more detailed explanation, what to do.

I want to choose the IronSpider, from the "CHARS" folder, but when I change something in MARVEL_MINIFIG.CPJ, then the game just crashes.

As said, I already edited collection.txt and deleted charstxt.fpk

mindgush:

Easiest way would be to use Char Mod Manager, that I've just finished. Just create mod with dataname=yourname and without any specs, files, etc. There are guidelines in the readme.

There are couple of mods here.

If you want to do it manually, you can download this marvel_minifig.cpj and change highlighted bytes to your name

Minifigs_Scr1.png

Alternatively, if you want to use your own marvel_minifig.cpj, you should add another mobj to the end of file (copy existing one and change the names), change data at 0x702 (I've changed it to 57), change last olst size at 0xD6EC-0xD6ED and olst entries number at 0xD6FB.

Easiest way would be to use Char Mod Manager, that I've just finished. Just create mod with dataname=yourname and without any specs, files, etc. There are guidelines in the readme. There are couple of mods here. If you want to do it manually, you can download this marvel_minifig.cpj and change highlighted bytes to your name Minifigs_Scr1.png

will this work with LEGO Star Wars The Complete Saga?

lu9:

Not really, no. It uses predefined resources and swaps a few bytes here, a few text lines there. Not really all that powerful tool, made simply for convenience.

• 2 weeks later...

darkel:

I really like to play Batman in Marvel, but when i use your Char mod Manager, the game shows 105 / 115 Characters and Herbie and different vehicles are locked, so I can't play with them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xwtmnw2hbq5gix9/LEGOMarvel%202015-01-09%2018-30-16-70.bmp?dl=0

I also put Howard Stark and Gandalf in the Game, which I found in the CHARS / MINIFIGS  folder, but Gandalf is just a blue guy with a skull and a dumb helmet. Do you know what I have to do?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wywksr81mv7nau/LEGOMarvel%202015-01-09%2018-29-56-57.bmp?dl=0

I would also like to know what the data, that you change in the marvel_minifig.cpj, exactly does and how I have to change them, when I want to do it manually.

I am also interested in more detailed explanations, how you did the mods, but it's surely your decision to share it.

I almost finished to research the .res files and .ft2 files, here is the struct of these files:

the .ft2 files are the font files:

// created by dniel888

endian big

struct NFNT
{
	char[4] chunkID; // "TNFN"
	dword dwVersion; // 3, if version = 2 then thereis no chunkID ("ROTV")
	byte[6] flags; // UNKNOWN (always zero?)
	dword dwSize; // Size of UNKNOWN
	dword dwNumChars;
	dword dwUnicodeTablesSize;
	float height; // height of char
	float baseLine;
	float spaceWidth; // 'space' key width
	dword dwSendID;
	dword dwIcGap;
	CharsMappingArray fontMapping;
	CharsIndexArray charsUnicodeTable;
	CharsImage fontImage;
}
struct CharsMappingArray
{
	char[4] chunkID; // "ROTV" - only when version is 3
	dword dwNumChars;

for( int i=0;i< dwNumChars;++i)
	{
		float charX;
		float charY;
		float charWidth;
	}
}
struct CharsIndexArray
{
	dword dwUnicodeTablesSize;

for( int i=0;i< dwUnicodeTablesSize;++i)
	{
		word wUnicodeChar; // unicode char number
		word wFontMappingIndex; // Index of the char mapping from the image (except 'space' that uses the spaceWidth)
	}
}
struct CharsImage
{
	dword dwZero; // 0x00000000
	DDSImage fontImage;
}

dword dwChunkSize;
dword dwVersion; // ?
NFNT font;

the .res files are the resources files:

// created by dniel888

endian big

struct .CC4HSERHSER
{
	dword dwChunkSize;
	byte[12] ChunkID;
	dword dwUNK1; // 6
	dword dwUNK2; // 1
	dword dwVersion; // 1
	dword dwNumberOfFiles; // number of the leafs int the tree
	dword dwTreeCount; // number of the objects in the tree
	dword dwSizeOfStringDATA;

String[dwTreeCount] files; // Size of this equal to dwSizeOfStringDATA
	TreeObject[dwTreeCount];
        dword noHash;
	resources res;
	dword dwEnResourceType;
	word dwStringSize;
	byte[dwStringSize] strAccurevStream;
	dword dwZero; // maybe Flags?
	dword dwAccurevTransaction;
	word dwStringSize2;
	byte[dwStringSize2] strProducedByUserName;
	// some versions have more dwords here (maybe related to the dwZero)
	byte val;
	word dwStringSize3;
	byte[dwStringSize3] strSourceFileName;
	byte val2;
}
struct String
{
	array of bytes until two null terminators; // like "hello00"
}
struct TreeObject
{
	word childId; // if no child - negative number
	word siblingsId; // if no siblings - NULL
	dword dwOffset; //name offset in strings table
	word parentId; //if no parent - negative number
}
struct resources
{
	byte[4] ChunkID; //ROTV (Vector)
	dword dwSize;
	resourceObject[dwSize] objects;
}
struct resourceObject
{
	dword dwUNK;
	dword dwParam;
	dword dwHash;
	dword dwFlags; // maybe the flags are xored by 6 ?
	dword dwPlatformsAndClasses; // if dwFlags^6 >= 3 ?
	dword dwForContext; // if dwFlags^6 >= 6 ?
	dword dwWithContext; // if dwFlags^6 >= 6 ?

}

.CC4HSERHSER resFile;

if anyone can write editor for the .ft2 files that would be great; thank you.

EDIT : added dword after the TreeObject array.

sorry for my bad english.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@FayeReagan

Very nice Mod! Could you upload your mods to some place, so we can also try them?

I actually have the problem that with the marvel_minifig.cpj by darkel, herbie and a lot of vehicles get locked, so i have to decide to have mods, or all standard vehicles/characters.

In the video you clearly have all characters available as usual, so how did you do that?

I think it would also help the thread, if you would explain youre cool work more detailed, so others could easily make their own stuff. I could really put some time into this, but without help i'm not moving forward. You can see my first attempts in my last post.

FayeReagan

@mindgush

Actually the problem is not the cpj, but the fpk.

The solution is open chars/collection.txt and set all your locked vehicle and chars value from "token" or anything to "UnlockedByDefault"

Then you can buy it again from the menu, after you bought it all, set back them to their normal value again.

I will upload it somewhere, i just need a time to make sure it's perfect lol

By the way, what is your LMSH version? I'm still on the very first version.

Sorry, but does anyone know how to extract .dds textures from the .nxg_textures in lego batman 3. If anyone can help i would really appreciate it. The extractnxgtextures didnt work on them btw, maybe i did something wrong, but i droped the files on the exe, and nothing happened.

Sorry, but does anyone know how to extract .dds textures from the .nxg_textures in lego batman 3. If anyone can help i would really appreciate it. The extractnxgtextures didnt work on them btw, maybe i did something wrong, but i droped the files on the exe, and nothing happened.

​Here is a new version: http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/248

But I have tested it only with a few files. I hope it works.

FayeReagan

It's kinda sad, i can't figure out the ghg from iron man helmet and the gsc from material remap files.

It seems called the data from .nxg_textures file but i can't find a single clue how can it did it.

Anyone figure this out?

​mindgush:
Yes, as far as I understand, any additional character somehow breaks unlocks order. I really should've warned about it, my bad.
Easiest way to fix this is, as FayeReagan offered, to make them unlocked by default in collection.txt. Something like this.

There are some leftover data, but its unusable as it is. For example, Jarvis is a floating head, used in Iron Man areas. You can unlock him, but he will still be a floating head. Gandalf doesn't have anything usable, if I remember correctly. Don't know about Howard.

I did write about marvel_minifig.cpj somewhere higher. Basically, I've added several character slots, checked if it broke something, it seemed like it didn't, so I left it as it is, only changing character names by CMM. Trial and error method, yeah. CMM, by itself, does very little, it copies data in/from several text files, replaces character names when needed, replaces character icons in icons lists.
Same trial and error method I've used for mods. Sluicer tools output was very helpful to determine which data is which. That's how I made batman helmet. I've cut mesh chunk from batman helmet from different Lego game of that era, and pasted it onto every single Lego Marvel hat, until it worked. This didn't work with batarang, so I had to fake it with a bat figure. Everything else is texture editing, text editing and hex editing.
I'm not against sharing, but it really is "change something and hope for the best" approach.

FayeReagan:
Nice mods. I suggest NexusMods as hosting, since there already is Lego Marvel category there.
.nxg_textures are single or several dds files without any packing, except for header bit. GHG/GSC data somehow connects textures to materials. Material remaps can be connected on top of that, for additional effects: Emma Frost's translucency, animated textures, shiny bits, etc. It's possible to carefully edit those, if you have suitable ghg/ghs files, but, obviously, no removal or adding.

Edited by darkel

@darkel, @FayeReagan

thanks for the replies!

I made two mods for CMM, Howard Stark and Hush:

Howard Stark is just the text and mod inis to use the leftover data.

Hush is Nick Fury with the textures from Batman 2's Hush. I wasn't able to copy his face, so i just use the silver surver/silver samurai face.

http://imgur.com/a/ET2vM

When you try them, please tell me what you think about it.

howard_stark.zip

hush.zip

• 2 weeks later...

mindgush:

Wasn't able to download those from the forum, for some reason.
But I think, I can help you somewhat with advice on Hush's head/face.

Heads are composed of at least three parts. Back head, front head and overlayed face.

Bad news: you can't add or even replace faces. Those are indexed in marvel_faces.cpj and are uneditable at the moment.
Good news: you can fake it.

Lego Batman 2 Hush uses heads/head_hush_front_nxg.tex for head front, lego_colours/lego_medstonegrey_nxg.tex for head back.
You need those two head textures. Medstonegrey is already in Lego Marvel, but take both.
Hush head front was made with face bandages in mind, so it misses some parts. You can draw those onto head_hush_front_nxg.tex texture (rename it to head_hush_front_nxg.dds)
in any picture editor that is able to process .dds files and rename it back to .tex. Use same mipmaps and compression settings as in original texture (for head - DXT1, mipmaps, I think).
Also, I would advise on renaming lego_medstonegrey_nxg.tex to head_hush_back_nxg.tex. It's shorter.
Put those into chars/minifigs/super_characters/heads/
Now, since you use nickfury as base - open your nickfury.cd with hex editor. Search for HEAD_NICKFURY_BACK entry near the bottom of the file.
Change it to HEAD_HUSH_BACK. You can blank unneeded letters with binary zeroes.
Entry before that - Lego_Colours\LEGO_REDDISHBROWN is Nick Fury's head front. Change it to Heads\HEAD_HUSH_FRONT.
After that - look below and find FACE_NICKFURY. You can change it to FACE_SHOCKER, FACE_ELECTRO, FACE_MODOK or anything else that will fit in string size.
Done.

Hush_In_LEGOMarvel_1.png

Edited by darkel

lol username

Anyone figure out where the minfig textures are in Worlds?

​CHARS\SUPER_CHARACTER_TEXTURE

Onegreatrace

Anyone figure out where the minfig textures are in Worlds?

​CHARS\SUPER_CHARACTER_TEXTURE

​Yeah found that earlier today. Thanks tho.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, no one extractor doesn't work with new Lego Jurassic World videogame =(

​Try QuickBMS with TTGames.bms. I haven't tested it fully yet, but it did unpack GAME6.DAT, at least.

Stanislav94

​Try QuickBMS with TTGames.bms. I haven't tested it fully yet, but it did unpack GAME6.DAT, at least.

​I mean nxg and mesh extractors for nxg_textures and gsc/ghg mesh files

• Cyrem locked this topic
  • Cyrem unlocked this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.