TT Games Explorer

Ac_K

I'll beta test for you, Ac_K. Though I only have IJ2 and Batman 2, I have access to many of the game demos if that would do. Just tell me what to do, what I am looking for, and how to tell if it worked or not. :)

Hi, I need you try to open many files, do all things you can in my tools, try to do a bug on it and tell me what are you doing to create this bug :)

I'm willing to beta test it. I own a variety of TT games (Bionicle Heros, LSW:TCS, LHP:Y1-4, LPotC, and LTLotR). I have done some modding with TT games in the past (I discovered how to load directly into cutscene only levels/environments awhile back) so I could imagine having a nice time evaluating and helping to test this. Best of luck until it is ready to be tested!

(BTW, although I frequently use a Windows VM, you should considered launching a Mac version of this as well, seeing as TT games ports their games over to it.)

If you know to mod any kind of thing, just let me know how do this and I add a function to do this easier! You can test my tool in the first post of this topic. The version for Mac is not planned now... I need to have a usefull tool before!

News of TT Games Editor :

- Fix Bug when LZ2K and DFLT decompress.
- Remove use of .NET Framework 2.0.
- Add Keyboard shortcut when it was missing.
- Fix Multiple-Opening of DAT files.
- Fix Open a wrong DAT files.
- Add ModReady function.
- Rewrote Multiple functions.

- Modify main GUI to open multiple preview windows.

nqrdwk.jpg

Right know i need to find how fix another bug when I open DAT Explorer multiple times and I'm focus on the TEX files, who are DDS Compressed files by Nu2T function. I tried and we can replace them without recompress it, but need to try if we can compress them with another function to take less place in memory during we play the game... After that, I certainly do a new release, and focus my research on the others files format.

JrMasterModelBuilder

I'm willing to beta test it. I own a variety of TT games (Bionicle Heros, LSW:TCS, LHP:Y1-4, LPotC, and LTLotR). I have done some modding with TT games in the past (I discovered how to load directly into cutscene only levels/environments awhile back) so I could imagine having a nice time evaluating and helping to test this. Best of luck until it is ready to be tested!

(BTW, although I frequently use a Windows VM, you should considered launching a Mac version of this as well, seeing as TT games ports their games over to it.)

If you know to mod any kind of thing, just let me know how do this and I add a function to do this easier! You can test my tool in the first post of this topic. The version for Mac is not planned now... I need to have a usefull tool before!

Depending on how it's made, it might be relatively easy to get cross-platform compilation. If it's written in C#, it might be easy to run with Mono. The biggest issue might be with the ASM dumps, as I don't know if they are using cross-platforms x86 instructions or not.

Does this mean it no longer requires the .NET runtime? Or just a different version?

Depending on how it's made, it might be relatively easy to get cross-platform compilation. If it's written in C#, it might be easy to run with Mono. The biggest issue might be with the ASM dumps, as I don't know if they are using cross-platforms x86 instructions or not.

Yes it's written in C#, but there is Windows DLL dependances and like you said, there is ASM dump in the DLL and I'm not able to do ASM reverse, so I prefere put my mind on the files formats...

Ac_K, on 09 May 2014 - 3:47 PM, said:

Does this mean it no longer requires the .NET runtime? Or just a different version?

No, right now it's just require .NET Framework 4.0 (Before version 2.0 is needed too).

ProfessorBrickkeeper

(I discovered how to load directly into cutscene only levels/environments awhile back)

If you know to mod any kind of thing, just let me know how do this and I add a function to do this easier!

It is actually quite easy to do. All you need to do is rename the "cut" folder to something else after you have extracted .dat files.

I would suggest you follow up with McJobless who was able to figure out how to manually load levels but which had a long process and which could benefit from automation.

Yeah, the process is just about modifying some config files. If you PM me I've got a bunch of example files ready for you to read so you can implement it into your program somehow.

• 3 months later...

Hello Ac_K

at first: promising tool! Looks really good. Thanks for sharing.

I am not sure, if this is the right place to post, but:

so I prefere put my mind on the files formats...

I put my mind on the StreamInfo files (.cpj, .cd, .cpd, .as and .led) and I wrote a tool that can convert most of them into txt. files. I tested it only on Marvel Super Heroes.

The files contain at first type definitions and class definitions and after that values that match the class definitions.

.cpj - Character Project

.cd - Character Definition

.cpd - Character Skeleton

.as - Character Anim Set

.led - Scene Resource, Locator, ...

I put my mind also on the .ghg and .gsc files. I can extract meshes and bones from most of these files. There are many different chunks in many different versions in this files and my progress is different from version to version.

The most interesting chunks are MESH, DISP and HGOL.

MESH contains the 3d data (positions, normals, colorSets, tangents, uvSets, blendIndices, blendWeights, ...).

DISP groups the meshes

HGOL exists for each level of detail. It contains the bone data.

I have no idea how to share the information I collected. My tools are a mess :S ... Maybe step by step.

I have also no idea which 3d file format would be able to store the data. I use currelty .obj. But .obj does not support bones. And it does not support references to other files...

That is it for now.

maver1k_XVII

I put my mind also on the .ghg and .gsc files. I can extract meshes and bones from most of these files. There are many different chunks in many different versions in this files and my progress is different from version to version. The most interesting chunks are MESH, DISP and HGOL. MESH contains the 3d data (positions, normals, colorSets, tangents, uvSets, blendIndices, blendWeights, ...). DISP groups the meshes HGOL exists for each level of detail. It contains the bone data.

Did you by any chance look into models from LEGO LoTR? I tried to look into it but couldn't figure out how the vertex coordinates are stored.

The format is a lot more different from the one found in Bionicle Heroes than I thought it would be. I found the vertex coordinates in models from BH almost immediately, but with .ghg files from LoTR they didn't work no matter what I tried. And I'm pretty sure that coordinates were in there somewhere because I was looking at MESH chunk (HSEM actually because the format appears to be big endian for some reason).

Yes, I had the chance.

All _nxg.ghg/_nxg.gsc files have a similar structure. There are many vertex lists the most time. At the beginning of each vertex list is a definition how the vertex list is structured. For example:

00 00 00 03 --> number of defining tripel

00 06 00 --> position; type half; offset

01 08 08 --> normal; type char[4]; offset

02 09 0C --> colorSet0; type char[4]; offset

But I am sorry, that is not all: there are many parts in one file and the structure is complex. Kind of <vertexlist1><indexlist1>[<vertexlist2>][<indexlist2>]<offestIndices><numberIndices><offsetVertices><numberVertices>.

The <vertexlistX> and <indexListX> can be a new list or a reference to a existing one. And there is more unknown data.

MaelstromIslander

I'm sure this probably is already in the explorer, but could you add a function that would allow the ability to spawn NPCs? (Like, the people roaming around at the Cantina in LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga or the hobbits/elves that roam around middle earth) I'm also sure that tool would be easy to make. :P

hi,newbie,can you share the tool or your scripts to extract the .ghg .gsc .nxg_textures?

now i am working on the LEGO Marvel super hero,and i am Get Stuck with .ghg .gsc .nxg_textures

seem like it was the level stage model and its textures

i am sorry,@Sluicer,can you share the tool or your scripts to extract the .ghg .gsc .nxg_textures?

Yes, I can. But I have no idea how. I have never uploaded a .exe or .zip file. And I will have to investigate where or how I can do that.

In the .nxg_textures are .dds files. I did not find an offset or size of the .dds files in the .nxg_textures files. So there are two possible ways to extract them:

1. Search for all DDS strings in the .nxg_textures
  2. Calculate the size of the .dds files with their header

I use the second way. There are many possibilities (DXT1, DXT5, ...) and my tool does not support all.

@Sluicer thank you very much,i check the DXT1,DXT2,etc,i know the discription,but i am lack of programming exiperence 

maybe you can check the file,and tell me how to Calculate the size to extract them,using notepad?or need program?

it's from the LEGO Marvel super hero

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5l4pm4pdpeptfjq/loadingscreen_1_grandcentral_nxg.nxg_textures

and can you tell me how to deal with the .gsc file?

like this,i think it is model or stage file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ucroyapc6r5myo/loadingscreen_1_grandcentral_nxg.gsc

perfect! Sluicer,i use it in LEGO Marvel super hero

and it's works! thank you very much,and i think the model is important too

so can you deal with the .gsc file?

we can made a mod if the .gsc and its texture are all extract

maver1k_XVII

perfect! Sluicer,i use it in LEGO Marvel super hero

and it's works! thank you very much,and i think the model is important too

so can you deal with the .gsc file?

we can made a mod if the .gsc and its texture are all extract

I'm afraid making a mod won't be that easy. You see, it's not too hard to replace the textures as they are in DDS format, but the models are a completely different story. In order to add a custom model to the game you have to understand the model format completely or very close to it. It is usually difficult enough to grasp the format at least to the point of being able to view basic geometry, skeleton and animation are already a challenge. Putting models back in the game is multiple times more difficult.

I think maver1k_XVII is right. Even in the .nxg_textures files are I think checksums. And I do not know how to calculate them. So replace files in them might not be easy at all.

The .ghg and .gsc files contain realy much data. I had a look in the file you posted but there is nothing really interesting in it. I will see if i can share the results.

Today I uploaded the tool I mentioned here:

I put my mind on the StreamInfo files (.cpj, .cd, .cpd, .as and .led) and I wrote a tool that can convert most of them into txt. files. I tested it only on Marvel Super Heroes. The files contain at first type definitions and class definitions and after that values that match the class definitions. .cpj - Character Project .cd - Character Definition .cpd - Character Skeleton .as - Character Anim Set .led - Scene Resource, Locator, ...

https://ore.rockraidersunited.org/legacy/StreamInfoReader_396752.zip

Extract the .zip file and use the console (StreamInfoReader.exe filename.fileextention). You can pipe the output into a textfile.

I hope it works too.

@maver1k_XVII

yes,you are right,there are much more difficult scretchs to understand.

@Sluicer

yes,i check the StreamInfoReader,it's work fine for .cd,i test some of it

but i can't find the output file,only can see part of it the the cmd console

and there i upload a bigger file .gsc extention,and i think there must be some model in it

can you double check this?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mkyn1t95tdp0bq5/1grandcentralintrob_tech_objects_nxg.gsc?dl=0

yes,i check the StreamInfoReader,it's work fine for .cd,i test some of it but i can't find the output file,only can see part of it the the cmd console

The output is only to console. You can pipe the output to a file:

StreamInfoReader.exe filename.fileextention > filename.fileextention.txt

and there i upload a bigger file .gsc extention,and i think there must be some model in it can you double check this?

In the file are 572 objects. Many of them are for a bus and a truck. I am not able to group them. My tool is not mighty enough. The biggest object is a part of a building front:

LkX4y2h.jpg

• Like 2

I started to clean my tools. They are a mess. Here I provide you a small tool to extract objects from .ghg and .gsc files. But it only supports files with the chunk version TXGH 0x0A and MESH 0xA9. I will try to support more. The tool generates .obj files. But no .mtl files.

https://ore.rockraidersunited.org/legacy/ExtractNxgMESH_200.zip

Extract the .zip file and use the console (ExtractNxgMESH.exe filename.fileextention). You can pipe the output into a textfile.

thank you

Sluicer

i check the tool,and found that it's only work for the file i attached before,and for the other file in the game is not work.

and i check the console content,its shows the version is also the TXGH 0x0A and MESH 0xA9

and here is the Error message

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y9h73pvm3vulyr4/567.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/slq60vpdkg00t1p/798.png?dl=0

here is the file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ttpqx3u5fnuxyqm/1grandcentrala_nxg.gsc?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a6oirfztlfo04ji/1grandcentralc_nxg.gsc?dl=0

maybe you can check it!

thank very much :)

yes,it's work.thank you very much,Sluicer

I extract lots of .obj files

and how can i know their connections?The info is store in some other files?

• 1 month later...

I uploaded a new version of the ExtractNxgMESH Tool.

https://ore.rockraidersunited.org/legacy/ExtractNxgMESH_157993.zip

It now supports MESH chunks in version 0x04, 0x05, 0x2e, 0x2f, 0x30, 0xa9 and 0xaa in combination with TXGH chunks in version 0x06, 0x07, 0x08, 0x09, 0x0a and 0x0c. Combinations with TXGH chunks in version 0x01, 0x03, 0x04 and 0x05 might work.

Still no support for files with relative vertex lists (e.g. faces). I am working on that.

Does it work?

• Like 2

Hi, I'm sorry about this delay without news... I've got little health problem to my arm but I'm back right know.

Please Sluicer contact me by PM, your works is amazing, It will be fine if I can add a model previewer in TT Games Explorer :)

I'm waiting your message!

• Cyrem locked this topic
  • Cyrem unlocked this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.