LEGO Cuusoo Leaving Beta

lol username

lol username

LEGO Cuusoo is finally leaving its beta phase behind. It's being renamed to LEGO Ideas, and there's some rule changes as well: First, if a project doesn't reach 10,000 votes within a year, it will be archived, and second, people ages 13-18 will now be able to submit projects, though parental permission will be required before they can be considered in the LEGO review. For all the details, check out the official post in the sources.

Sources: LEGO Cuusoo

Whoa whoa whoa... ...Lego Cuusoo was in BETA??? Umm...   ...Now, THATS new on me...   ..But apart from that the title 'Lego ideas' isn't catchy, also the ideas are not from the company itself, only the finished product is, the whole idea comes from people OUTSIDE the company. If you ask me the new name makes it sound like that Lego made EVERYTHING on the Lego Cuusoo (or should I say their new name 'Lego ideas) and none of it was developed or made up by people.

Quisoves Potoo

But apart from that the title 'Lego ideas' isn't catchy, also the ideas are not from the company itself, only the finished product is, the whole idea comes from people OUTSIDE the company. If you ask me the new name makes it sound like that Lego made EVERYTHING on the Lego Cuusoo (or should I say their new name 'Lego ideas) and none of it was developed or made up by people.

Do you actually think that someone, upon learning the of something called "LEGO Ideas," would think "I'll bet that's a line for sets that LEGO thought up." As if LEGO doesn't already have employees whose job it is to imagine new lines and the whole concept of LEGO doing so is novel?

As for the catchiness, or lack thereof, of the name, it's simpler and makes the purpose of the site rather obvious. Even if they don't translate it for various languages (and I imagine they will translate it), it is in the "Lingua Franca" of the day. It's much more recognizable globally than a Japanese word for "wish."

Ah, that's the reason, why I can't load Lego Cuusoo Ideas today. The archive-thing sounds like a good idea, because otherwise cuusoo would have ended up with a million projects (afaik the user GlenBricker already pointed out, that the rate of incoming (=new) projects was far higher than the rate, at which projects were either rejected or approved. He also made a suggestion about a certain time limit, in which a project should get the necessary votes).

The disadvantage is, that some projects had a good quality, but only a few hundreds or thousands votes. Well, I guess, that the rate, at which a project get votes, can also indicate, how popular the set is and if Lego should produce it etc.

P.S.: I think, that my project will also be archived, because it only had 91 votes so far (and I uploaded it last year), but I already expected after some time, that it would never reach 10.000 votes xD

edit: Oh, wait: Now I was able to read the cuusoo page and it said, that existing projects can keep their votes and have to get the rest of their votes in the timeframe from April 30th, 2014 until 1st May, 2015.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.