◄[LR2] Voiced Scripts►

Fluffy Cupcake

Oboe Shoes

I like QP's Baron Von Barron/Sam, though I agree that the audio quality's a tad on the lower side.

Conclusion so far:

| point for vote

point for not sure

Workman Fred:

Kajeuter: | |

Ben24x7:  

Sam Sanister
Kajeuter: |

QP: ||

kajueter

ITS KAJEUTER! or call me Kaj, as a lot of people do.

SOOOOO, a laugh is required from both of you

I will upload a laugh later today.

Workman Fred:

Kajeuter: | |

Ben24x7:  

Well, I haven't finished ALL my lines. Then again, the result will probably result in the same answer.

Fluffy Cupcake

Now that I've gone there all the lines, here is the uncut extended ending dialogue:

[According to the script, an announcer]

(unused)
XXX, the new champion!

[Rocket Racer]
Well, I can't say fairer than that. I guess you deserve this, XXX. Congratulations!

[Player]
Thanks Rocket, coming from you that means a lot!

[Rocket Racer]
Yeah well look after it OK? Because sooner or later, I'll be back for that trophy...

[Player]
I'm already looking forward to it. But I'd put in some practice if I were you

[Rocket Racer]
Ha! Don't worry, I will. I've been beaten before, but I always make a comeback. But in the meantime, I think there are a few people who'd like to say hello to the new Galactic Racing Champion....

[The Berg]
XXX best racer ever! XXX friend!

[Player]
Thanks Mr Berg!

[Announcer Again?] (unused)
The new champion, XXX!

[Rigel]
You have succeeded where all others have failed. For my part, you will always be welcome on our planet

[Player]
Thanks, sir. Maybe you'll have better luck next time

[sam Sanister]
I guess I don't mind being beaten so much, not if it's by the best racer in the Galaxy. If you ever come back to Dino Island, I'd love to have another race against you...

[Player]
That'd be great, Mr Sanister

[sparky]
Well, XXX, I told you that you had what it takes to be a champion. And I guess I was right! Enjoy yourself, you've earned it. You're the best racer in the Galaxy!

[Player]
I couldn't have done it without you, Sparky. This is as much yours as it is mine

[???] (Unused)
Hiya, XXX. We.. um.. just wanted to say.. y'know...

[Fireman]
We wanted to say that we're glad you won

[Workman Fred]
Yeah, you put on one heck of a show! It was great!

[P.C. Bobby]
I can see how you beat us now, you're the best racer I've ever seen!

[Mike the Postman]
And we're proud to have raced against you!

[???] (Unused)
You earned this, XXX. Congratulations!

[Player]
Wow, thanks guys. You're not bad yourselves, you know. Maybe, when we get back to Sandy Bay, we can race a bit more often

Everything Below is Unused
-------------------------------------

[???]
Sure!

[???]
We'd like that. Thanks, XXX!

[???]
Well, XXX, that was wonderful!

[???]
Thanks!

[???]
Wow, we've met the Galactic Racing Champion! Can you believe it?

[???]
Hey kid, you did great!

[???]
You were undoubtedly the best, XXX, Rocket Racer was nothing compared to you. Congratulations!

[???]
This is great, all my friends are here to say hello. I think this is the happiest I've ever been!

[???]
There's still quite a few people who'd like to say hello, XXX

[???]
Wow!!

Also, apparently it seemed like they planned text for the start of races.

[GETREADY]

Get Ready!

[GO]
GO!!

There are other unused stuff that I've put under the other scripts linked in the OP... I don't feel like looking for them though. Just do Ctrl+F and search "unused" on the pages and you should find them.

And the winner for most lines in the game is *drum roll* a tie between Player and Sparky! (unless someone wants to double check, I counted player 3 times, and got a different count by one off on second count, but 1st and 3rd were same)

Player lines are up now btw... duh.

• Like 1

Oboe Shoes

I might be able to do a few more revisions on things, like Achu's line, and maybe get someone for the last few female lines we need, but for now, here's Rigel's missing line from the finale.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/135634251/Ending.AIF

Also, this time I've included the unaltered version, if someone wants to try to play with it themselves. Personally, I like the modulation I've been using on my Rigel clips, but I'll let someone try to mess with this just the same, if they want.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/135634251/EndingNoFilter.AIF

Fluffy Cupcake

Sounds okay. Thanks for including the unaltered version also. :)

The rest of the free (aside from Player female... still need a VA for that) will probably be filled by "Nintaga's Friend". I just haven't put her on the list of anything yet because she hasn't come over.

If you saw this in the last post I don't care, I just edited it in 10 mins ago. ; P

Alright so Kaj won the vote for Fred, and QP for Sanister. Too bad Ben24x7, I guess you'll never get to show off how good your new digger is.

Hey man, I'd like to voice some (male) characters, It doesn't really matter which one I have to do :)

I do have an dutch accent though, might be funny for a character :o

Fluffy Cupcake

Since everyone is already covered, pick any character and compete with someone. ;)

In other news, CVDek insta forfeited Sparky's part after I mentioned competition without any voice clips being heard with all being said that he said his voice sucks for the part. ( :/)

With that being said, I need to ask you guys a question. Do you prefer voice one or two for Sparky?

LimeKiller

Do you prefer voice one or two for Sparky?

Voice two, by far. In voice one, Sparky sounds a little... on edge. Like his life took a turn for the worse and he can't keep up his cheerful disposition and is about to crack.

• Like 3

Fluffy Cupcake

Voice two, by far. In voice one, Sparky sounds a little... on edge. Like his life took a turn for the worse and he can't keep up his cheerful disposition and is about to crack.

No one seems to like, as le717 calls it, my Annoying Orange voice. :P

So far it has been called AO, and a guy with a terrible past (hey... who knows what Sparky went through, and why he had to take up the job of being a guide ;P). Anyone else have a fun or odd comment on the voice?

In other news, CVDek insta forfeited Sparky's part after I mentioned competition without any voice clips being heard with all being said that he said his voice sucks for the part. ( :/)

With that being said, I need to ask you guys a question. Do you prefer voice one or two for Sparky?

What kind of Voice would fit for Warrior? I always imagined him having a really deep voice (like Berg must have).

Just to proof that my voice is not that good for Sparky I put up a Voice Sample. At the end there is a sample for Warrior as well.

BTW. I really like the voice two.

Shadowblaze

What kind of Voice would fit for Warrior? I always imagined him having a really deep voice (like Berg must have).

Well, as the sound effect used for him is just high pitched gibberish, I thought he should have a high voice. Somehow I managed to get a very nice effect for the Rama voices, a high pitched and breathy voice (check my post a couple pages back for the sample), so I personally think we'll go with mah solution. :P

• 5 weeks later...

So, how's this going with everyone else?

I think we're still missing a number of submissions, and it's been quiet for a while.

Shadowblaze

So, how's this going with everyone else? I think we're still missing a number of submissions, and it's been quiet for a while.

Well, if Xiron is missing, a lot of the stuff isn't going to be managed well.

So, the ones that have to post their attempts, then post them. We'll see then if they can fit in-game.

Fluffy Cupcake

Anyone want to be a micro-manager? :P

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone want to be a micro-manager? :P

JAE80071.jpg

Shadowblaze
-snip-

I was expecting someone to post their recordings, but oh well. Come on, dudes, we have to record the voices, otherwise this project will never see the daylight. And everyone (or at least I and Xiron :P) wants this project to be done, so stop being lazy and pick up your mic. If you want to Now.

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

If you want to. :P

There is no IF. You sign up, you do your part and get it done within a reasonable timespan. Espesially those on summer break who are not traveling.

Right now I'm dealing with significant complications. I'm going to try and squeeze in a recording session ASAP, but I can't make many promises yet because right now things are really tight.

Fluffy Cupcake

I believe this is the generally accepted rule for words beginning with X. E.g. Xavier, Xylophone.).

Acepted rule for which English? US? Canadian? British? Misc? I've always pronounced all those words with hard Xs, no Zs.

I believe this is the generally accepted rule for words beginning with X. E.g. Xavier, Xylophone.).

Acepted rule for which English? US? Canadian? British? Misc? I've always pronounced all those words with hard Xs, no Zs.

This. I'm not sure where the Z comes from.

It's not my normal pronunciation, but I would likely say it as "Ex-ala-cks".

http://tts.imtranslator.net/TkTw ;) (Page may take 2 separate loads to work, for whatever reason. Or just type the word into the text field.)

But yes, phonetically speaking, the word Xalax would be generally be pronounced "Zay-lacks". Depending on your inflection or accent, I suppose "Zah-lacks" would be acceptable too, but it would definiately start with a Z sound, as most other words that start with X do, not a hard "Ecks" sound. 

Shadowblaze

But yes, phonetically speaking, the word Xalax would be generally be pronounced "Zay-lacks". Depending on your inflection or accent, I suppose "Zah-lacks" would be acceptable too, but it would definiately start with a Z sound, as most other words that start with X do, not a hard "Ecks" sound.

Well but the English language is wrong! :P I've always pronounced it "Ksalaks", because in my language the Xs are always hard Xs. I have no clue where that Z came from (sorry McJobless for stealing your words). In nearly all the languages that I know about and have this alphabet, the X is pronounced as an hard X, so I think we should keep this international. I sincerely was very confused when people called Xalax "Exalacks", or "Zalacks".

Well, most of the files people have submitted so far appear to use either "Zay-lacks" or "Zah-lacks".

And, since Xiron asked. The X as a Z sound is fairly common in any version of English. US, Canadian, UK, Australian, or what have you. "Xavier" is often, (but not always) "Zay-vee-er", "Xylophone" is "Zie-low-fone", "Xeno" is "Zee-no" or "Zeh-no", etc, etc.

(Also, one of the main reasons I'd suggest avoiding the hard X for Xalax, is that Ex-lax, pronounced "Ecks-lacks" is a laxative brand...)

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.