◄[LR2] Voiced Scripts►

Fluffy Cupcake

If you need someone who should speak a german accent, just ask me

Isn't Sam Sa/inister German? I guess there are already enough people vying for him, but... 

Fluffy Cupcake

Isn't Sam Sa/inister German? I guess there are already enough people vying for him, but... 

The game refers to him as Sanister, so go with that. ;)

Well, if you have the Germanist voice, you might be able to top them all! ;P

And, well, I think he may be German, not 100% sure though.

Added more to the Q&A section.

Quisoves Potoo

Alright, here's my attempt at Sam Sanister/Sam Sinister/Mr. Hates (but definitely not Barron Von Barron in this case.)

More is to come.

Only if he's using his "Barron Von Barron" persona. If he is, as seen in the original LEGO Racers, his text will show it by making him say "und" instead of "and" and switching all his ws for vs.  LEGO Island 2 gives him a sort of English accent. So I would go with the latter, since both LEGO Island 2 and the LEGO Racers games are in the same continuity.

Fluffy Cupcake

Alright, here's my attempt at Sam Sanister/Sam Sinister/Mr. Hates (but definitely not Barron Von Barron in this case.)

Good, but any chance you can increase the Hertz? That one there is at 24000.

In the guideless I did say "Recording should be in 44100 Hertz or higher."  32000 is my final minimum, what you did just there was a tad bit on the low quality side.

(I need a song line, Xiron).

Did you just...?

Did I just what? ;P

I just listened to McJobless's attempts. Perhaps I should addressing you as McThunderless now? :P I'd like to hear McStudz Rock Racer attempt. McThuderless didn't sound American enough to me (I've always considered RR to be American).

I've got the mic out now, will edit post with my Sam Sinister attempt.

Quisoves Potoo

Good, but any chance you can increase the Hertz? That one there is at 24000.

In the guideless I did say "Recording should be in 44100 Hertz or higher."  32000 is my final minimum, what you did just there was a tad bit on the low quality side.

I was wondering about the hertz. I couldn't figure out were to find that information. Windows won't list it under properties, for some reason.  Could you help?

Fluffy Cupcake

What do you record with? I'm not really sure how to simply check hertz on a Windows computer with default installed programs. :/

I recommend using audacity (it works on all Windows, Linux, and Mac, whatever you use). That's what I record with, and that is also what I checked with. ;P

• Like 2

lol username

And, well, I think he may be German, not 100% sure though.

His intro in LEGO Racers gives him a German accent, and some book (forgot which, it was a more modern one) says he's German (was in the German army as a general or something - forgot the details). So yeah, he's German.
  • Like 1

Quisoves Potoo

What do you record with? I'm not really sure how to simply check hertz on a Windows computer with default installed programs. :/

I recommend using audacity (it works on all Windows, Linux, and Mac, whatever you use). That's what I record with, and that is also what I checked with. ;P

Thanks for the recommendation, it  works like a charm. :)

Here's my revised, higher quality version. It's 44100 HZ and 1411 kpbs. I don't like it quite as much as the other version, but I don't think it's bad.

I may follow up with a German version, though I will need a bit more practice first.

Fluffy Cupcake

I think I liked your first version better too, but at least you got better quality going now, so that is good. :thumbsup:

Do go ahead and try a German version.

alan, I want to hear your try at Sam too, with that German voice of yours. ;)

I think I liked your first version better too, but at least you got better quality going now, so that is good. :thumbsup:

Do go ahead and try a German version.

alan, I want to hear your try at Sam too, with that German voice of yours. ;)

Then could you send me the text I have to speak? Because I only own the German version (unless you want me to speak it in real german xD )

Shadowblaze

And remember that if you think that the voices you've used for the characters are to high/low-pitched, then here I am. I can fix that for you. I know I've said that a couple times now, but it's worth remembering. :P If the character you want to be changed has more than one line you'll have to send me all of them at once, I have to do everything in one go.

Fluffy Cupcake

Then could you send me the text I have to speak? Because I only own the German version (unless you want me to speak it in real german xD )

Well for starters, here is a line from the game, and it is the one QP has been saying. :P Let's hear a sample!

"You may have beaten those poor fools, but I think you will find me much harder to beat!"

I'd like to voice act the Xalax Aliens.

Lightor - free Warrior - free Ghost - free Chill - free Duster - free Freeze - free Snake - free

I need their proper lines though.

Shadowblaze

Lightor - free Warrior - free Ghost - free Chill - free Duster - free Freeze - free Snake - free

I am afraid that only Warrior talks, the others never appear in cutscenes.

This kinda strays from the original mod but...

Remember in lego racers one, racers would shout stuff when they would get boosts or pass you and stuff. I think adding this in, along with maybe a short animation for the racer could add some more life into the racers. It would also give you things to voice for the other aliens.  I'm not sure how possible any of this would be however, I've seen Xiron edit animations for running before .('?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>) but i dont know how possible it is for specific events that would happen.

Shadowblaze

This kinda strays from the original mod but...

Remember in lego racers one, racers would shout stuff when they would get boosts or pass you and stuff. I think adding this in, along with maybe a short animation for the racer could add some more life into the racers. It would also give you things to voice for the other aliens.  I'm not sure how possible any of this would be however, I've seen Xiron edit animations for running before .('?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>) but i dont know how possible it is for specific events that would happen.

You might not know, but in the game files there actually are these sfx, but for some reason they didn't make it into the final version of the game. For example, I found a sfx of a rama saying "waaaaaaaay!". I have no idea why they didn't use it, it would have made the game much more interactive.

Fluffy Cupcake

I just recognized me no good voice actor.

I think I did prefer QP's voice acting for him, sorry.

Also, please try to improve the sound quality if you can, see the conversation I had with QP one page ago.

This. Sorry for confusion, I pulled the list from another topic, and I haven't thoroughly gone through the list yet, but I am slowly making my way through. I removed the rest of the Xalax guys from the list.

Here is one line for Warrior vitawrap; post a sample of your voice acting for it here; and please, make sure your quality is decent, as is it a requirement.

My fellow racers and I have been watching you very carefully. You are a formidable racer

------------------

@Adding more animations; while the scrapped animation files still exist (like shake fist, or looking to the side or behind), I don't think it would be possible to add them in, I think adding them for new events may be hardcoded, unless that mysterious .BSB file (same folder as animations) has something to do with it. It is a shame to have to let them go to waste. :(

The only reason I can think of for so much unused animation and sound files, is that they ran out of development time.

Fluffy Cupcake

That would of been good.... if I could understand what you were saying! Also, interactive voice clips are an awesome bonus, but are not needed.

Sorry, but it needs to be clearer to understand than that, as there will be no subtitles (do to not being able to change subtitle speeds).

To all: I just thought I'd point out one important guideline I added a few days ago in case some of you haven't re-read the post for additional updates that come in regularly.

You have two weeks to voice the character after you pick it. If you need an extenion let me know with reason why.

Why am I doing this? Well, I don't want you to pick a character and drag on for eternity with not doing the part. This also helps keep on that non-existant schedule that should exist but doesn't to not be pushy and rush quality work.

Fluffy Cupcake

Alright guys, the stats tables and all scripts, currently excluding Sparky and Player because they have a ton, have been added to the OP so you know what to say for your character! So no more excuses for not getting onto recording, aside from not disturbing everyone in your household, and those other prioritized irl stuff, of course.... ;P

• Like 1

I'm withdrawing my bid to voice Sam Sinister. It didn't work out too well. :P I'll probably come back soon and request a less important (and maybe non-accented) character. ;)

I'm withdrawing my bid to voice Sam Sinister. It didn't work out too well.

Alas Le, your voice is far too cheerful for anyone to take you seriously a cold hearted character such as Sam. Consider it a compliment.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.