◄[LR2] Voiced Scripts►

Fluffy Cupcake

Fluffy Cupcake

So you would prefer something more human (e.g. Marvin the Martian?)

I realize that you said this, but I was asking what the deadline for anyone to voice a character was. That is, the point after which no applications are allowed.

Kinda-sorta. Yeah, mine is a bit more human while SB's really isn't nearly as much.

I guess somewhere in the middle. I want something understandable without subtitles (unless someone finds a way to change the speed of subtitles...).

@le717; Your bro is really good at VAing. Him doing more would be awesome. :D

@kajeuter: I like the tone/pitch better on the second, but I like the way it was said better on the first.
  • Like 2

Fluffy Cupcake

@QP: Oops, I forgot to mention due date for applications.

None: I'm not going to rush anything. Maybe for something, I'll say hopefully before school starts again this will be done.

@Kaj: I like that version best. What does everyone else think?

There is one other thing though. Can you try changing the word "player" to something else? I'm trying to avoid using that, as some people may find that "awkward", especially since not everyone is using that. Like Sparky may call player "buddy", challengers call racer "newbie" (and more progressive as you progress and such), and Australians maybe "mate", to give a few example.

• Like 1

Quisoves Potoo

Here are rioforce's final voice clips for Jimmy. http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61925299/JimmyVoicesByRioforce.zip

Sounds good! The voice fits perfectly.

For Doctor Dave Which one is better?

1.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7mibnhsax5v6l5/Dr.%20Dave%20-Test.mp3

2.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/o7lj0p6uu4ggsua/Dr.%20Dave%20-Test2.wav

The second one.

Both, however, remind of the French Peas from Veggie Tales. :P

I'm not certain if this is a good or a bad thing. Though I do find it a bit of an odd choice for Doctor Dave, who always seemed to me rather normal. I wonder if the technique might be more effective for a more cartoonish character, like Workman Fred.

Mind you, this is LEGO Racers 2, so it doesn't need to be uber-realistic. :P

EDIT: I see's there's a third one. I still like the second one best.

Fluffy Cupcake

I'm not certain if this is a good or a bad thing. Though I do find it a bit of an odd choice for Doctor Dave, who always seemed to me rather normal.

I haven't said it, but pretty much the same here. Wait, what are defining as normal here? Accentless, non-odd pitched North Americans?

Also, what about the third option out of the three, did you heard that yet? ;P

• Like 1

Quisoves Potoo

I'm not certain if this is a good or a bad thing. Though I do find it a bit of an odd choice for Doctor Dave, who always seemed to me rather normal.

I haven't said it, but pretty much the same here. Wait, what are defining as normal here? Accentless, non-odd pitched North Americans?

See the edit to my last post. I did heard it. :P (You'd better hope that aidenpons doesn't catch you.)

As for  what I'd consider normal, I'd say that Doctor Dave speaks with an accent from a country whose first language is English, in the English version of the game. As for other aspects of his voice, I'd say that he doesn't sound eccentric, for  want of a better phrase.  He does not sound like a Gilbert and Sullivan patter-comic, but rather something like this, I'd imagine  (not that I hear him that way in my head, but one can't always emulate voices that one imagines.)

• Like 1

See the edit to my last post. I did heard it. :P (You'd better hope that aidenpons doesn't catch you.)

As for what I'd consider normal, I'd say that Doctor Dave speaks with an accent from a country whose first language is English, in the English version of the game. As for other aspects of his voice, I'd say that he doesn't sound eccentric, for want of a better phrase. He does not sound like a Gilbert and Sullivan patter-comic, but rather something like this, I'd imagine (not that I hear him that way in my head, but one can't always emulate voices that one imagines.)

Hmmm I see what you mean, but why do you like the german voice the most when you say that normal voices should be english?

Depending on other comments, its going to be the 2nd one or the 3rd one. I'm curious what the others think.

Shadowblaze

I've got a pretty important question: How are you gonna make the characters say the name of the player? Will you put silence where the name goes, or are you gonna try to completely replace the name with names such as "buddy" and "earthling"? :P

I've got a pretty important question: How are you gonna make the characters say the name of the player? Will you put silence where the name goes, or are you gonna try to completely replace the name with names such as "buddy" and "earthling"? :P

Simple as replacing most of the lines with "You" (when speaking directly to the player) or "Them" (indirectly mentioning the player). That's how TSL did it and I wouldn't be surprised if there's other games. "Buddy" might seem weird coming from someone like The Berg.

Shadowblaze

Simple as replacing most of the lines with "You" (when speaking directly to the player) or "Them" (indirectly mentioning the player). That's how TSL did it and I wouldn't be surprised if there's other games. "Buddy" might seem weird coming from someone like The Berg.

Ah, didn't think of that for some reason. Yeah, but since aliens call the player "earthling", maybe The Berg could call the player... "plie of flesh"? Dang that doesn't sound right. :P

Fluffy Cupcake

I've done it once again, hope it is better to you :

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/w5bvkwckecp037s/xalaxwarrior.aiff

That would be okay, if there were subtitles (already stated the reason numerous times why there isn't). I'm sorry but with the effect you use it just won't work. I have a hard time understanding what you are saying. :/

All I got out of that when listening was: "my fellow racers stuff stuff StuffThatICan'tUnderstand".

If you are going to continue trying to use that effect, may I suggest your hand you unmodified voice to ShadowBlaze instead?

Quisoves Potoo

Also, what about the third option out of the three, did you heard that yet? ;P See the edit to my last post. I did heard it. :P (You'd better hope that aidenpons doesn't catch you.)

As for what I'd consider normal, I'd say that Doctor Dave speaks with an accent from a country whose first language is English, in the English version of the game. As for other aspects of his voice, I'd say that he doesn't sound eccentric, for want of a better phrase. He does not sound like a Gilbert and Sullivan patter-comic, but rather something like this, I'd imagine (not that I hear him that way in my head, but one can't always emulate voices that one imagines.)

Hmmm I see what you mean, but why do you like the german voice the most when you say that normal voices should be english?

Depending on other comments, its going to be the 2nd one or the 3rd one. I'm curious what the others think.

Good question. I liked the "French Pea" voice the most because I thought it was the best dramatically. I think you went too far in trying to be normal for the third one, and as a result lost the dramatic fervor you had in the first two. To be honest, I didn't initiallly realize that you were trying to be normal in the third one because, being American, my idea of normal is different than that of someone in the Netherlands. I think I'll listen to them all again, and with that in mind, make a more informed decision.

I've actually already recorded the lines for the fisherman as a part of the files I linked earlier. Up to Xiron if he wants to accept multiple takes, I suppose.

Fluffy Cupcake

Xirion

Xirion. Really? >_>  (xP)

Up to Xirion if he wants to accept multiple takes, I suppose.

I already have something in place in the case two people wanted to do the same part:

but in the case two or more people want to do the same character, they will have to compete by uploading a voice clip of the character, with a line said from the game (I'll pick if multiple), and the community can choose who's voice they like better for the character.

I'd say go with the Fisherman's Adventure_General line.

Fluffy Cupcake

Both of you are very good in your own way, but, only one shall prevail!

I think.... hmmmmmmm... I, think I like Rio's voice better.

Now to wait and see what everyone else has to say.

Edit: First voice is Oboe, second is Rioforce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOQM47ON4RY

This video made me less sure of Rio's voice. It made me like OS's more.

Fluffy Cupcake

I prefer the first. Not sure who that was though.

That was Oboe, sorry for not being clear.

Yeah, I do prefer Oboe myself now that I've actually seen them in action.

Fluffy Cupcake

Hey I'd do Sparky since he is the most annoying one of them :D

Oooh, a brand new member registering just to join the project. Alrighty then.

I was actually going to do some test recordings of myself the other day for Sparky to see how I would turn out, but yeah, I got lazy and didn't. :P

Please read up on the guidelines if you haven't already, I'll be waiting for your voice sample. :thumbsup:

Hm... I think the alien voice isn't for me, since i'm 16 i still have a young guy voice (but really low) and a LITTLE french accent Can someone find myself a Character to voice act ? (I'd like to participate to the project)

Here's me talking to my friend while playing an easter game:

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/yl00qp30wz96rlq/me+and+pokerman.ogg

(I'm the guy with the low voice xD)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.