◄[LR2] Voiced Scripts►

Fluffy Cupcake

Fluffy Cupcake

That's right peeps, a mod for LR2 that makes NPCs talk without the need of subtitles to understand!

A test I did just to see how it would work out can be found here.

People working on this mod:
(ordered by when members joined project)

• Xiron
  • JimbobJeffers
  • le717
  • Rioforce (le's bro)
  • Quisoves Pugnat (QP)
  • McJobless
  • Ben24x7
  • ShadowBlaze
  • Oboe Shoes (OS)
  • Ayliffe
  • kajeuter
  • Nintaga (Xiron's Sister)*
  • Captain Kiwi (Nintaga's Friend)*
  • Chonsy*

Asterix means the person is from outside RRU.

Anyone can join, so long as the following guidelines are followed.

Guidelines:
Recording should be in 44100 Hertz or higher (remember, just because you can record in that hertz, doesn't mean the sound quality is equivalent to it).
Recording should be no less than 192 Kbps
Preferred file format: .wav; Secondary preferred is .mp3.
You can voice as many characters as you like.
You have two weeks to voice the character after you pick it. If you need an extenion let me know with reason why.

I'm not going to stop you from picking a character someone else already claimed, in the case two or more people want to do the same character, they will have to compete by uploading a voice clip of the character, with a line said from the game (I'll pick if multiple), and the community can choose who's voice they like better for the character.

Please think responsibly and know if you would have a proper voice for the character before going: OHMAGAWSH I WANT TO VOICE DAT CHARACTER!!!

List of Characters + Actors
(yes, I pulled this from >my post in the Racers wiki topic. :P)

Sandy Bay 

Character Number of Lines Voice Actor
Workman Fred 11 Ben24x7 or kajeuter
Mike the Postman 8 Quisoves Pugnat
Fireman Gavin 11 McJobless
P.C. Bobby 7 JimbobJeffers (maybe)
Workman Rob 3 Oboe Shoes
Workman Jon 2 Oboe Shoes
Tony the Coastguard 3 le717
Jan 1 Captain Kiwi
Gillian 1 Captain Kiwi
Suzie 1 Nintaga
Steve 1 McJobless (maybe)
Jimmy 3 Rioforce
Jay 1 Xiron or Ayliffe
Ben 1 Ben24x7
Pauline 3 The Mom
Laura 1 Nintaga
Rachel 1 Captain Kiwi
Fisherman 3 Oboe Shoes
Doctor Dave 13 kajeuter
Nurse Nikki 1 Captain Kiwi
Foreman Stu 1 kajeuter
Captain Geoff 2 Quisoves Pugnat

Lines: http://pastebin.com/1ZxfsX2m
*it follows the order of the list here

Dino Island

Alexia Sanister 1 Nintaga
Achu 1 Oboe Shoes
Bungo 1 Oboe Shoes
Morat 1 McJobless
Mike 1 le717
Johnny Thunder 4 McJobless
Pippin Reed 6 ??? (mixed responses)
Sam Sanister 6 Quisoves Pugnat or kajeuter
Slyboots 1 Quisoves Pugnat

Lines: http://pastebin.com/kuDa5QhL

Full scenes for context: http://pastebin.com/0AEgn0aJ

Mars

Altair 1 le717
Antaries 1 kajeuter
BB 1 kajeuter
Doc 19 Oboe Shoes
Scientist 1 Ben24x7
Riegel 5 Oboe Shoes
Vega 1 Xiron

Lines: http://pastebin.com/EPWqpnma

Arctic

Captain Ross 1 Chonsy
Chilly 1 le717
Cosmo 1 McJobless
Crystal 1 Nintaga or Captain Kiwi
Doc 10 Oboe Shoes
Frosty 1 kajeuter
The Berg 9 McJobless

Lines: http://pastebin.com/bWv76Ug0

Xalax

Rocket Racer 7 McJobless; or McStudz (maybe)
Warrior 9 Shadowblaze

Lines: http://pastebin.com/UanCSKvR

Misc Characters

Sparky 87 (+7) Xiron
Player Male 87 McStudz & Xiron
Player Female 87 Nintaga

Sparky's Lines: http://pastebin.com/4BqKcQ7j
Player's Lines: http://pastebin.com/8DZcx92M

Addition Content Chracters

Professor Voltage 5* Quisoves Pugnat
Captain Geoff 2 Quisoves Pugnat

Questions and Answers:
Q. What is XXX? And how do I deal with XXX when voicing the line?
A. Be creative. XXX is where the player name use to be. Do your best to make sound great, and ask here for suggestions if you need any.

Q. How will you deal with player references?
A. We will use gender-neutral surnames instead of the name you choose for your character.
Example, Sparky may call the player (XXX) buddy, and challengers may call the player newbie, and other higher rank as the game progresses, just to name a few. There are a lot more things that can be said than just these.
Please avoid using "player", if you can.

Q. Do I need to own the game to help?
A. Nope! I can provide the lines you need to say. Just use the images linked with the character so you know what the character you are acting for looks like.

Q. Can we expand or improve the lines if they are too shallow?
A. In short, yes. You will have to use part of the original line though, and the majority will need to approve of the change.
Note: You also have to keep within the game's targeted audience, so don't use any words you wouldn't hear them put in the game.

Q. When will this be released?
A. When we are done. There might be alpha & beta releases as the mod progresses on though.

Q. Can you keep me updated of progress?

A. Sorta. We have a completion list doc right here! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PZpHzQHTX33U31ePO4I18n-P5jxid7J-ZCTS_MshzX4/

Tentatively requesting to voice Sam Sainister. I will get a voice sample up (I need a song line, Xiron). I can do some... interesting villain voices.

Fluffy Cupcake

(I need a song line, Xiron)

Well, you can pick any line you want, it doesn't matter to me or anyone. Do this one I guess:

You may have beaten those poor fools, but I think you will find me much harder to beat!

Also, remember, lines can be found in full in the LEGO STRINGS.TXT file in TEXT folder, provided you know their lines (looking at the dialogue part of the script for the scene can help you find it).

I'm interested in how this will turn out...

Hopefully, it will turn out well!

Which reminds me, now I remembered what I forgot to add to the OP, a Q and A section.

Johnny Thunder - Rioforce (if no Aussie can do better. ;P)

JSYK, this is what you will need to best (and I'm sure a true Aussie on here can do better). :P

Quisoves Potoo

I would be interested in vying for Sam Sinister (should I do same line as le717?) Additionally, I would also be up for voicing Slyboots, Doctor Kilroy (is he actually in-game? I can't remember him being there,) Mike the Postman, Captain Geoff., Rigel, and the Martian Scientist.

I like the sound of this project (no pun necessarily intended :P) and look forward to seeing how it turns out. Hopefully, one day we will all look back and think: "Thanks to Xiron, 'crummy crummy soda' is a thing of the past." :P

Here's my terrible attempts.

I feel the one for Steve/Cosmos could apply for either, only difference is the lines. I improved all the lines really lazily since I've got other things to work on atm.

I would certainly love to do at least one boss, Johnny Thunder and a minor character, but its upto you guys. I'll fill in whatever you need.

• Like 2

Fluffy Cupcake

I would be interested in vying for Sam Sinister (should I do same line as le717?)

Additionally, I would also be up for voicing Doctor Kilroy (is he actually in-game? I can't remember him being there,)

I like the sound of this project (no pun necessarily intended :P) and look forward to seeing how it turns out. Hopefully, one day we will all look back and think: "Thanks to Xiron, 'crummy crummy soda' is a thing of the past." :P

Yes, same line.

I don't think Killroy is there, I rushed him, Pippin, and Johnny on the list because le told me they were missing, and I was about to head out soon.

Heh, yeah. Hopefully. :D

I enjoyed it, and most were pretty good. Although, I could barely understand you Regiel voice. :S For sure I did like your Thunder voice over Rio's.

The Berg voice wasn't entirely what I had in mind, try to aim closer to the voice clips (which, thankfully are Berg exclusive), if you can. The current voice will do though if you can't and no one else does him.

And yeah, the Steve/Cosmo voice could apply for either.

Are all "attempts" that were successful, ones you are claiming?

May I request to voice Scientist (Mars), Ben (Sandy Bay), and Workman Fred (also Sandy Bay).

Sorry, I just needed to update this.

Fluffy Cupcake

Of course you may. :3

I started updating the list and making it more organized (only got Sandy Bay done). Line count now included.

I enjoyed it, and most were pretty good. Although, I could barely understand you Regiel voice. :S For sure I did like your Thunder voice over Rio's.

Thank you sir :D Regiel was too many filters. I might try again soon and see if I can present something clear, since I had a little bit of fun working with the accent I made for him.

The Berg voice wasn't entirely what I had in mind, try to aim closer to the voice clips (which, thankfully are Berg exclusive), if you can.

I'll either need a save or voice/video clips, since I don't have the time atm to get through the game at that stage to have a listen.

Are all "attempts" that were successful, ones you are claiming?

I'll retry with Gavin since I don't like it, but otherwise yes, I'm happy with the ones I've picked. Thanks :)

Jimbob Jeffers here, ready to lend a British (and as posh or cockney as I can make it, where required) accent wherever it's wanted!

I could possibly do P.C. Bobby, any of the generic Sandy Bay characters and... You know what? Just write my name in wherever you want to. I'll do my best to voice it. Just make sure they speak English, I don't fancy voicing the aliens :P

Shadowblaze

I could help you with mastering all the voice samples, if you want. Also, I can do some attempt at modulating the voice in some recordings to get more timbres and so reducing the repetitiveness of having just a few voice actors.

*Quickly adds to post* Sorry, I just noticed that I had been marked for Two out of Three. Also, when you listen to my voice, expect an odd Scottish accent.

(I need a song line, Xiron).

Did you just...?

Anyway, YES. Count me in! I've got a new mic (which isn't QUITE studio quality, but better than any laptop mic), so I'd love to try it out.

Put me down for the Male character, and maybe Rocket Racer. I'll put up samples ASAP.

Fluffy Cupcake

I might try again soon and see if I can present something clear, since I had a little bit of fun working with the accent I made for him.

&

I'll retry with Gavin since I don't like it, but otherwise yes, I'm happy with the ones I've picked. Thanks :)

Alrighty then! For Steve-Cosmo, should I put you down as a maybe for them? Because the voices were the same.

The Berg voice wasn't entirely what I had in mind, try to aim closer to the voice clips (which, thankfully are Berg exclusive), if you can.

I'll either need a save or voice/video clips, since I don't have the time atm to get through the game at that stage to have a listen.

Here you go sir.

You know what? Just write my name in wherever you want to.

Put me down for the Male character,

Guys, I can't really just put you down for 'random'. Just pick anyone, it isn't that hard and should only take a min.

I could help you with mastering all the voice samples, if you want. Also, I can do some attempt at modulating the voice in some recordings to get more timbres and so reducing the repetitiveness of having just a few voice actors.

I was thinking of using the "Noise Removal" filter on Audacity to help reduce background noise, but if you know of anything better, be my guest at mastering them!

Modulating may be good, but we'll see.

*Quickly adds to post* Sorry, I just noticed that I had been marked for Two out of Three. Also, when you listen to my voice, expect an odd Scottish accent.

Oops. I must of done that when creating the table. Sorry!

Guys, I can't really just put you down for 'random'. Just pick anyone, it isn't that hard and should only take a min.

He means the Male PLAYER. If the player's character is male. And thanks for adding me.

Fluffy Cupcake

He means the Male PLAYER. If the player's character is male. And thanks for adding me.

Oooh, okay. I think player is one thing I will not make people 'compete' for. Due to the different amount of ways someone can make their player look, the more variety to choose from for the player the better. I am completely fine with making separate downloads for the different player voices (I would of anyway even if there was just one male and female voice anyway).

Shadowblaze

I was thinking of using the "Noise Removal" filter on Audacity to help reduce background noise, but if you know of anything better, be my guest at mastering them! Modulating may be good, but we'll see.

Ah, yes, denoising should be useful, but I was thinking I could do some other tweaks such as equalizing. Anyways, modulation is pretty important for the alien voices and such, methinks. :P

Alrighty then! For Steve-Cosmo, should I put you down as a maybe for them? Because the voices were the same.

Good idea. Put it down as a maybe and then I'll either decide to change the voices slightly or only do one depending on what other voice actors we get. Or do both and start rumours they're related...

-download link-

Thank you, I'll get right onto that as soon as the house is empty so I've got a quiet recording space.

Fluffy Cupcake

*poof in*

-correction-

*poof out*

Aw, you aren't sticking around? D:

Well, thanks anyway.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.