About old guide to run in windows mode

RockRaiderWolf

RockRaiderWolf

Now I did not want to be accused of Necro-ing a topic that is nearly a year old so I made a new one here. The Old Topic can be found >here. First off although it may have fit more in the support topic, since it was  pretty much directly related I wanted ask...
I tried playing LEGO Rock Raiders on my old Laptop last night and aside from a weird bug where trying to play the game using the automatically created shortcuts gives an error saying that no Direct3d Acceleration could be found,  it plays mostly fine.

However Although I got it to play by using a shortcut without the "-best" parameter it still only plays at the 640*480 size even though when I play it on my PC it stretches correctly to fit full screen? is there a way to fix this or is it just too old a laptop? Could there be a driver I forgot to download, though I could have sworn I downloaded and installed all the correct display drivers for it?

ANYWAY.... the main reason I created this thread/topic was to ask a few more questions about the game and windowed mode.
For example on my pc when I run the game (without -best parameter) and have the display preferences menu popup it shows extra options when I am using the Data Method? did anyone else notice that? although using them will cause it to crash, It adds two more display sizes other than 640x480.The other sizes it shows are 800x600 and 1024x768, maybe they were originally intending to add them but did not in final version? plus I'm curious why it only adds the (16 bit) after those when full screen is selected. 

LASTLY - although I personally like the game just fine the way it stretches and displays in full screen it would be great to get a larger size for windowed mode than 640x480 so Is there a way to get it to work without the cafeteria or some other download? I likely may still try cafeteria but, the fact that it needs to stay running separately while playing the game has deterred me from using it up to now.

PS: In reply to the last post made in the original topic...

It worked on windows 8, but the window is extremely small. Any suggestion on how to fix?

640x480 is the resolution LRR was made run in. Of course you can run it fullscreen, but there's another method. Cyrem made a tool called >Cafeteria which can run the game in higher resolutions. However, all the panels need to be realigned in the cfg. Even after that, the oxygen bar and the ore meter can't be moved. We're still trying to figure out how to deal with that.

Maybe someone could find a way to force the program to stretch using the bottom right corner as the anchor point (or whatever it is called) instead of the usual top left? This way maybe it would have them already in the right place? Not sure if this would work I will have to see how it places things first when I try cafeteria.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.