Get drawn

Fush

Paint.Net supports transparency -- just export as a sufficiently high quality PNG or the like, apply transparency there, and you're good.

Go to the colour selector, press the More Options button, pick the bottom left premade colour swatch, and then find the transparency/alpha slider and slide all the way left.  Then, go to the paint bucket, set to Continuous, and, if the edges don't have AA on them, set tolerance to 0.  Otherwise, you'll need to mess around with the tolerance to get the best results.

I've tried adding transparency in Paint.NET, it doesn't work. It either leaves a fuzzy white outline or erases large portions of the drawing itself. There is not in-between..

I'll try messing with it, see if I can get better results.  I'm guessing the edge of the drawing has AA on.

EDIT:

xironhead2.png

Here's how I got that result.

First, I used the magic wand to select the background and as many of the white-ish/offwhites I could without infringing on the actual lines.  Then, keeping that area selected, I used the handy paint bucket to turn the selected area into a grey very similar to the greys just off the edge of the borders that you can see if you zoom in close.  Repeat until desired result is had.

I had to do one thing, though, which is to blacken the outer face border on the edge of the left side eye where it meets the background.  It's not a visible edit once you zoom out, and it made things a lot more workable.

EDIT2: I got bored.  When I'm bored, I do random stuff, like transparentize McJobless.

I had to touch up a tad at the top of the vest, left side.

mcjoblesstransparent.png

And a version with a golden dopamine necklace (just cuz):

mcjoblesstransparentnecklace.png

EDIT3: Is it possible to turn of AA in the making of some of the lines, specifically, the outer one?  It makes processing tons easier.

While I appreciate the effort, what I said still applies.

It either leaves a fuzzy white outline or erases large portions of the drawing itself.

There are plenty of methods by which you can get a similar result but they all leave those stray white pixels around the edge.

Is it possible to turn of AA in the making of some of the lines, specifically, the outer one?

Not that I'm aware, but even if I could I wouldn't because Alcom would yell at me.

As an alternative, I have Photoshop and would be willing to carefully remove the background (magic wand + eraser is a great combo), if you want, but only if you want. If you like the white background then of course there's no need.

While I appreciate the effort, what I said still applies.

It either leaves a fuzzy white outline or erases large portions of the drawing itself.

There are plenty of methods by which you can get a similar result but they all leave those stray white pixels around the edge.

Is it possible to turn of AA in the making of some of the lines, specifically, the outer one?

Not that I'm aware, but even if I could I wouldn't because Alcom would yell at me.

Xiron's head turned out without stray white pixels :P

McJobless' body would have, too, if I had taken a bit more time (breakfast was calling me)

So, I finally got around to going back through the whole thread and taking down all the requests.

Here's who I've still got left:

Ben

Wolfy

Phantom Terror

Shadowblaze

natcO

Prof

Coffins

Ayliffe

BobaFett

Addict

Not counting the ones I've done, but want to redo, and the members I'm gonna draw anyway whether they request it or not. Fun.

I trust I didn't miss anyone?

• Like 3

Fluffy Cupcake

I have Photoshop

And my school has Photoshop, no, all Adobe products.

So I could also remove the backgrounds as well. Mind you, I only have a 45-60 minute opening at a certain time of the day to do it. Not that I do anything better during the time of the day anyway.

Not that I do anything better during the time of the day anyway.

I know how you feel at school in lunch breaks. l405G.jpg

Oh, and nice drawings Sushi. I'm having sushi for lunch today, FYI l405G.jpg

You could go ahead and draw me if you really wanted to but meh. If you really want to just give me a yell.

Wow, I've just realized I made a request on this topic, but my previous description was a bit>.....eh.

So yeah, if you could do something more like me from my Mr Phoenix comics instead please. :)

And don't forget the coffee, the coffee is VERY important :P

Wow, I've just realized I made a request on this topic, but my previous description was a bit.....eh.

Same goes for me. So, can you just draw something similar to my avatar? Other general informations you may require are that I am tall, thin, and I have brown eyes.

The white suit my avatar wears, by the way, is a fancy armor thing, and the other thing on the back is a big jetpack (I know it's actually a Skunkbuster backpack, but whatever :P). Please draw me with a serious and slightly focused expression. Thanks. :)

MaelstromIslander
The white suit my avatar wears, by the way, is a fancy armor thing

Oh, i thought you savagely killed Ann Droid and used her body as armor.

I've been encountering an issue with the avatar, apparently every time i try to use it it says the file is too big, but if i shrink the thing then it just shows my body and cuts off the head and legs.

I don't know how the others didn't encounter this.

(P.S. because it just shows my body i had to cut off the legs by shrinking the image boarders in Paint)

I've been encountering an issue with the avatar, apparently every time i try to use it it says the file is too big, but if i shrink the thing then it just shows my body and cuts off the head and legs.

If you upload a rectangular image, RRU tries to center it, so some parts may be cut off. So, in order to make RRU show what you want, you have to upload a square, cropped out of that image (using GIMP or similar tools), that contains what you want to be shown. I hope you undestand what I mean. :P

THIS TIME IT'S SHADOWBLAZE. I HAD TO SAY SO BECAUSE IT'S KIND OF HARD TO TELL. IT WOULD BE BETTER IF I ACTUALLY DID THE HAIR RIGHT BUT I COULDN'T SO I DID A DIFFERENT HAIR INSTEAD BLAH.

zgQkCed.png

• Like 2

He looks like somebody from Exo-Force. (That's not an insult). And he definitely looks more like a Rock Raider than a musician. l405G.jpg Except no sandwiches. l405G.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.