Character creator

Miniman6565

Miniman6565

Is it at all possible to unlock all the parts in the character creator?  I've messed around with it a little but no luck.  Has anyone figured out how to do this or is it even possible?  Thanks in advance for any help.  :rracer:

Fluffy Cupcake

I'm just going to steal this from linked thread.

You can't add new pieces to the character creator, it's at a hard limit of eight pieces of each type. You can replace their textures and models though.

There is a file called HEADS.TXT and FACES.TXT, I have't goofed off much with them, but I know in HEADS if you put anything on the list in place of any of the last 8 things that have "store" at the end (there is actually 9, but the first is default, which is what the character looks like before you reach hats (bald)), it does show up instead.

No texture and model swapping required, just a list in a text file. Adding "store" to more does nothing (not even crash), because there are no slots in the menu for them.

The same thing applies for bodies and torso I think, except those don't use "store", it just knows to look at the last 8.

Miniman6565

Oh, okay. Thanks anyway for the help guys.

I am curious though, is there any way to easily create custom textures to use for it or no

Fluffy Cupcake

Yes, there is, but we don't yet have a tutorial for that, and there would be a lot to explain.

If you can hang on a couple days, I will have a tutorial (>in this topic) regarding texturing coming this Monday. :D

Edit: Below what jamesster said is very basic, but it is a start. :thumbsup:

• 3 years later...
On 3/29/2014 at 7:48 PM, Xir said:

I'm just going to steal this from linked thread.

There is a file called HEADS.TXT and FACES.TXT, I have't goofed off much with them, but I know in HEADS if you put anything on the list in place of any of the last 8 things that have "store" at the end (there is actually 9, but the first is default, which is what the character looks like before you reach hats (bald)), it does show up instead.

No texture and model swapping required, just a list in a text file. Adding "store" to more does nothing (not even crash), because there are no slots in the menu for them.

The same thing applies for bodies and torso I think, except those don't use "store", it just knows to look at the last 8.

I've actually noticed that and it got me thinking "if I can replace one with the martian files would it allow me to actually play as a martian"? I just wanna make sure with the actual professionals before I go and screw something up haha 

I wouldn't expect it to work - your best bet is likely to use the "play as a Martian" cheat code (which lets you play as Cassiopeia, IIRC) and then reskinning her into whatever Martian you want.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.