High Quality Energy Crystal

Anonymouse

post-2-12598514684878_thumb.png

There's one, quite a big image.

If anyone should need it, I can post it in very high (like, 2048x2048) or post the .blend file.

This is what the forum energy crystals were made with - a much smaller rendering of the same image, made by me. :P

I can also post different colo(u)rs if you like. :)

KEWL! You should just post both of the files, and take requests for other colors. ...What is the .blend file? I cant find it in the cfg.

Cool, maybe I could use the .blend file?Credit to you of course.

What for? xD

The only difference between using the blend file and using the original model (yes, it's from one of the WAD files) are the material, lighting and camera. Still interested? :P

That would make a nice bg for a pc

Good idea, that it would! *Makes a 1280*1024 version*

KEWL! You should just post both of the files, and take requests for other colors. ...What is the .blend file? I cant find it in the cfg.

.blend is Blender's native format.

Really nice creation^^. The shape looks really like the original one but you might consider to use a glow material with the translucent flag that should give you the same material as the original.

Really nice creation^^. The shape looks really like the original one but you might consider to use a glow material with the translucent flag that should give you the same material as the original.

The shape is the original one, I just took the lwo and added material, lighting and camera settings xD

It is translucent, isn't it? xD

And somehow, you gave me the idea of adding a light source inside the energy crystal. I'll do that later today, hopefully.

And somehow, you gave me the idea of adding a light source inside the energy crystal. I'll do that later today, hopefully.

Well they are glowing in game, so you should add a glow, but still it looks really nice, can we use this in game?

A light source inside the crystal. Nice. Either a disk on the bottom, a spot in the middle, or a more general inside-region-area...type...thing.

That would look cool.

Well they are glowing in game, so you should add a glow, but still it looks really nice, can we use this in game?

Yes... But I haven't got it working properly (It's the same model as my High Quality EC mod)

That would actually be awesome.Although you would need to export as lwo though, right?

It WAS originally LWO, haven't you understood that?

A light source inside the crystal. Nice. Either a disk on the bottom, a spot in the middle, or a more general inside-region-area...type...thing. That would look cool.

Not quite what you'd think. Light sources aren't directly rendered by most 3D modeling programs, only their effect on objects. I may do that tomorrow though and see what it ooks like. :)

you made a high quality EC mod

when was this?

where is this?

dose it work?

A while ago

Old RRU

Sort of. It doesn't crash or anything, but it looks crap because of a too high glow value or something - it's just the outline filled with plain green.

TheEPICtrainrider

So... can I put this in my game?

And wha'd you use to make this? Because I want to make the ore look better.

very good job btw

Hey Epic.

It WAS originally LWO, haven't you understood that?

It's the unused crystal model that's already in the game, i.e. Mouse didn't make it. Mouse is trying to improve it and make it look good in-game.

it looks crap because of a too high glow value or something - it's just the outline filled with plain green.

In game that is.

So... can I put this in my game?

And wha'd you use to make this? Because I want to make the ore look better.

very good job btw

Blender, haven't you noticed that yet? -.- Also, I don't think Blender would export the materials. Either way, I haven't got it to look like that in game. I can try though, and I'll also have a look at modeling some better ore :)

Stop complaining, and I might :P

I'll try it today. Or tomorrow. Or the day after. Or the day after that.

It's not like you're paying me to do it :P

That´s the point!

There are always some who think we can do this stuff in 10 seconds but there are somethimes processes like trial & error to get it working.

Currently working on the LMS Explorer model but just 10 mins a day because I have to build an airplane I am payed for (4 hours a day).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.