Fush

I had the idea a while back to rebuild all the Rock Raiders models in micro scale.

Now that I've discovered MFZ (and subsequently become obsessed with it), which conveniently uses a scale very close to micro scale, I decided to go ahead and do it.

These models should be compatible with MFZ objects and scenery.

GRANITE GRINDER

lB2DyBI.png

CHROME CRUSHER

NU5DS0m.png

old version:

EGB5Uc7.png

The two models look very promising and well done for their size, although I like the Granite Grinder a bit more (probably because of the mini walking mechanism).

Yeah the Chrome Crusher needs a bit of work. Originally it had the tubes but I had to widen the chassis and they no longer fit... and the chassis should be hollow but I made it solid. It's passable though.

Here, have a super-tiny Chrome Crusher to compensate.

4s2v1Zk.png

EDIT: Just modified the Chrome Crusher, new version in OP.

That also reminded me of the following MOC(s) on mocpages: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/178876

Never seen that before. It's cool, but a bit smaller than what I'm going for... I might take some inspiration though....

• Like 2

Great models, Fushi! I had a go at making mini-models a while back myself (in the size of your super-tiny Chrome Crusher), but I failed, whereas you've pulled it off well. Especially the moving legs on that Granite Grinder - nice.

I'd be interested in seeing how you do the Loader Dozer, especially if you can crack some kind of tipper motion for the bucket like in the actual model.

One question though, how is that laser attached to the 2x4 brick on the Chrome Crusher? I can see that the grey jumper is attached to some kind of side bracket but I can't tell what that in turn is attached to.

One question though, how is that laser attached to the 2x4 brick on the Chrome Crusher? I can see that the grey jumper is attached to some kind of side bracket but I can't tell what that in turn is attached to.

Because it's not a 2x4 block, it's three plates.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qqsea4q20f1qgtc/laserconstr.png

Aaah I see, very clever. I was confused because LDD wasn't showing the lines between plates, so I saw it as one big brick.

• 5 years later...
mistermuck

These are so awesome!! Great work. I'm super tempted to build these guys for myself (and probably will when I find the time).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.