Resemble the AI

RobExplorien

If you like to try mimic the AI in LEGO Racers, then this is the place you need to be at. The download contains a modified LEGO.JAM in which sounds have been switched around and textures have been edited to ressemble the AI behaviour as much as possible this way. You'd still need to mimic the racing style of them yourself, but this will get rid of textures and sounds the player does have, but your opponents not.

Download: http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/125 (paste the guts of this .zip inside GAMEDATA/COMMON/ and opt for overwrite (but back-up first is recommended)

This subject has been discussed earlier on RRU, but now I've assembled all the notable changes in this download. One thing I'd still like to alter though (which is not included in the download), is to change the green arrow on the minimap into a blue dot, the way your minor opponents appear on it.

Sources:

Changes made in LEGO.JAM:

Spoiler

Altered sounds list in:

GAMEDATA/COMMON/GENERAL.SBK (empty lines also count)

321.pcm
block.pcm

canhit.pcm
cansht.pcm
cansus.pcm
cursehit.pcm
cursesus.pcm
eengine.pcm
enhan01.pcm
enhan02.pcm
enhan03.pcm
form.pcm
go.pcm

gpwdrsus.pcm
grphit.pcm
grppull.pcm
grprel.pcm
grpsht.pcm
grpsnap.pcm
grpsus.pcm

horn06.pcm
horn02.pcm
horn01.pcm
horn04.pcm
horn05.pcm
horn06.pcm
idle.pcm
mdrop.pcm
mmine.pcm
mtrap.pcm
octact0.pcm
octact1.pcm
octact2.pcm

octexp0.pcm

octsus0.pcm
octsus1.pcm
octsus2.pcm
octsus3.pcm
oildrp.pcm
oilhit.pcm
oilsus.pcm
power.pcm
rockhit.pcm
rocksht.pcm
rocksus.pcm
shield1.pcm

soff.pcm

eengine.pcm
start.pcm

turbo.pcm
wndexp.pcm
wndhit.pcm
wndsus1.pcm
wndsus2.pcm
block1.pcm
block2.pcm
enhbonus.pcm
grphtenv.pcm
mrel.pcm
octexp2.pcm
shield0.pcm
shield2.pcm
shield3.pcm
eengine.pcm

Altered textures list in:

GAMEDATA/COMMON/

• SMOKE1.BMP
  • SMOKE2.BMP
  • SMOKE3.BMP
  • SMOKE4.BMP
  • CARSPARK.BMP
  • RACERFX.TDB (for setting new transparency values)

What it looks/sounds like (thank you Xiron):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9bTX9VpuHs

• Like 3

legoracerlover

make a video showing how it would look and sound after the mod,and i already downloaded it,but do it for lazy people who wants to see before trying.

If you like to try mimic the AI in LEGO Racers, then this is the place you need to be at. The download contains a modified LEGO.JAM in which sounds have been switched around and textures have been edited to ressemble the AI behaviour as much as possible this way. You'd still need to mimic the racing style of them yourself, but this will get rid of textures and sounds the player does have, but your opponents not.

Download: https://ore.rockraidersunited.org/legacy/LEGOAI_883227.zip

This subject has been discussed earlier on RRU, but now I've assembled all the notable changes in this download. One thing I'd still like to alter though (which is not included in the download), is to change the green arrow on the minimap into a blue dot, the way your minor opponents appear on it.

Sources:

Altered sounds list in:

321.pcm
block.pcm

canhit.pcm
cansht.pcm
cansus.pcm
cursehit.pcm
cursesus.pcm
eengine.pcm
enhan01.pcm
enhan02.pcm
enhan03.pcm
form.pcm
go.pcm

gpwdrsus.pcm
grphit.pcm
grppull.pcm
grprel.pcm
grpsht.pcm
grpsnap.pcm
grpsus.pcm

horn06.pcm
horn02.pcm
horn01.pcm
horn04.pcm
horn05.pcm
horn06.pcm
idle.pcm
mdrop.pcm
mmine.pcm
mtrap.pcm
octact0.pcm
octact1.pcm
octact2.pcm

octexp0.pcm

octsus0.pcm
octsus1.pcm
octsus2.pcm
octsus3.pcm
oildrp.pcm
oilhit.pcm
oilsus.pcm
power.pcm
rockhit.pcm
rocksht.pcm
rocksus.pcm
shield1.pcm

soff.pcm

eengine.pcm
start.pcm

turbo.pcm
wndexp.pcm
wndhit.pcm
wndsus1.pcm
wndsus2.pcm
block1.pcm
block2.pcm
enhbonus.pcm
grphtenv.pcm
mrel.pcm
octexp2.pcm
shield0.pcm
shield2.pcm
shield3.pcm
eengine.pcm

GAMEDATA/COMMON/

• SMOKE1.BMP
  • SMOKE2.BMP
  • SMOKE3.BMP
  • SMOKE4.BMP
  • CARSPARK.BMP
  • SKID.PCM
  • TURBOSKID.PCM

not working for me

i get error :/

Fluffy Cupcake

Well... you're the only one complaining... so...

That is NOT complaining, that is requesting (... in a rather non-formal matter). Do you want to hear complaining?

Waah, I don't like there being no preview video, why don't you have a preview videoooo? I'm not downloading something I don't have a preview of, how do I know this isn't faaaake? This mod is the worrrst!

Though the guy has a point, previews are always nice, even though they not always needed.

Sources:

Altered sounds list in:

321.pcm

block.pcm

canhit.pcm

cansht.pcm

cansus.pcm

cursehit.pcm

cursesus.pcm

eengine.pcm

enhan01.pcm

enhan02.pcm

enhan03.pcm

form.pcm

go.pcm

gpwdrsus.pcm

grphit.pcm

grppull.pcm

grprel.pcm

grpsht.pcm

grpsnap.pcm

grpsus.pcm

horn06.pcm

horn02.pcm

horn01.pcm

horn04.pcm

horn05.pcm

horn06.pcm

idle.pcm

mdrop.pcm

mmine.pcm

mtrap.pcm

octact0.pcm

octact1.pcm

octact2.pcm

octexp0.pcm

octsus0.pcm

octsus1.pcm

octsus2.pcm

octsus3.pcm

oildrp.pcm

oilhit.pcm

oilsus.pcm

power.pcm

rockhit.pcm

rocksht.pcm

rocksus.pcm

shield1.pcm

soff.pcm

eengine.pcm

start.pcm

turbo.pcm

wndexp.pcm

wndhit.pcm

wndsus1.pcm

wndsus2.pcm

block1.pcm

block2.pcm

enhbonus.pcm

grphtenv.pcm

mrel.pcm

octexp2.pcm

shield0.pcm

shield2.pcm

shield3.pcm

eengine.pcm

GAMEDATA/COMMON/

• SMOKE1.BMP
  • SMOKE2.BMP
  • SMOKE3.BMP
  • SMOKE4.BMP
  • CARSPARK.BMP
  • SKID.PCM
  • TURBOSKID.PCM

not working for me

Yes, thank you sooo much for the great detail on what error or problem you have. 8|

Also, there are tons more compact way to speaking to the creator of a topic then unnecessarily quoting the whole first post of the topic. I don't know, perhaps you can go: "@TopicCreatorsUsername", yes, yes I think we all like cleaner posts like that.

• Like 2

Jack Bluebeard

But you got the file .SBK from my mod that combines the beta with the NPC features, I have observed and it is exactly the same as mine (I recognized him from .PCM horns, the configuration is the one that had given him).

Well... you're the only one complaining... so...

That is NOT complaining, that is requesting (... in a rather non-formal matter). Do you want to hear complaining?

Waah, I don't like there being no preview video, why don't you have a preview videoooo? I'm not downloading something I don't have a preview of, how do I know this isn't faaaake? This mod is the worrrst!

Though the guy has a point, previews are always nice, even though they not always needed.

Sources:

Altered sounds list in:

321.pcm

block.pcm

canhit.pcm

cansht.pcm

cansus.pcm

cursehit.pcm

cursesus.pcm

eengine.pcm

enhan01.pcm

enhan02.pcm

enhan03.pcm

form.pcm

go.pcm

gpwdrsus.pcm

grphit.pcm

grppull.pcm

grprel.pcm

grpsht.pcm

grpsnap.pcm

grpsus.pcm

horn06.pcm

horn02.pcm

horn01.pcm

horn04.pcm

horn05.pcm

horn06.pcm

idle.pcm

mdrop.pcm

mmine.pcm

mtrap.pcm

octact0.pcm

octact1.pcm

octact2.pcm

octexp0.pcm

octsus0.pcm

octsus1.pcm

octsus2.pcm

octsus3.pcm

oildrp.pcm

oilhit.pcm

oilsus.pcm

power.pcm

rockhit.pcm

rocksht.pcm

rocksus.pcm

shield1.pcm

soff.pcm

eengine.pcm

start.pcm

turbo.pcm

wndexp.pcm

wndhit.pcm

wndsus1.pcm

wndsus2.pcm

block1.pcm

block2.pcm

enhbonus.pcm

grphtenv.pcm

mrel.pcm

octexp2.pcm

shield0.pcm

shield2.pcm

shield3.pcm

eengine.pcm

GAMEDATA/COMMON/

• SMOKE1.BMP
  • SMOKE2.BMP
  • SMOKE3.BMP
  • SMOKE4.BMP
  • CARSPARK.BMP
  • SKID.PCM
  • TURBOSKID.PCM

not working for me

Yes, thank you sooo much for the great detail on what error or problem you have. 8|

Also, there are tons more compact way to speaking to the creator of a topic then unnecessarily quoting the whole first post of the topic. I don't know, perhaps you can go: "@TopicCreatorsUsername", yes, yes I think we all like cleaner posts like that.

i open the game

its show me a bricks Lego logo

....then a lego races ALL boss racing

then show me again Lego logo

and then kick me out from Lego

and ask me to send or not send report

if you iknow what i mean

can oyu explane me how to fix it

and how to get mod working well

unnecessarily quoting the whole first post of the topic. I don't know, perhaps you can go: "@TopicCreatorsUsername", yes, yes I think we all like cleaner posts like that.
*coughs*

i open the game its show me a bricks Lego logo ....then a lego races ALL boss racing then show me again Lego logo and then kick me out from Lego and ask me to send or not send report if you iknow what i mean can oyu explane me how to fix it and how to get mod working well

1) AutoCorrect exists for a reason.

2) So what you're saying is that after the intro videos about the racers and that guy lighting up the sign, the game crashes? Is there any box that pops up with a random error which you have no idea what it means? (I probably won't either, but several other people would).

3) Did your game always work before installing this?

make a video showing how it would look and sound after the mod,and i already downloaded it,but do it for lazy people who wants to see before trying.

I got the point, but this time I just don't feel like making a video out of this, okay?

i open the game its show me a bricks Lego logo ....then a lego races ALL boss racing then show me again Lego logo and then kick me out from Lego and ask me to send or not send report if you iknow what i mean can oyu explane me how to fix it and how to get mod working well

I can't seem to duplicate the error, so unless you can provide a printscreen displaying the error message you get I can't help you any further with this information.

But you got the file .SBK from my mod that combines the beta with the NPC features, I have observed and it is exactly the same as mine (I recognized him from .PCM horns, the configuration is the one that had given him).

I made changes in an extracted .JAM last year already to have the player ressemble the AI a bit more. I dug up this extracted and altered .JAM the day before posting it here for download and made a few changes here and there to complete it. It may be possible that I accidentally used the said .SBK, I'm not sure. I did personally alter the .SBK in particular just before releasing this download though, so if the contents are exactly the same, then that would be surprising, but certainly not impossible.

legoracerlover

thank you,see someone else is agreeing with me.its not complaining,its just a request,a video for others to see and not just for myself.

Fluffy Cupcake

Okay lets see here, lets take a minute here to install the mod... now another two minutes to film it... and then another minute here to make it suitable for Youtube... and the finally two minutes to upload aaaaand.... yup, yup, here it is everyone, a preview video!

http://youtu.be/Z9bTX9VpuHs

Feel free to embed in OP if you want.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

unfortunally this mod isn't working on my computer; after the intros Windows says: "legoracers.icd doesn't work anymore".

Does it need a special installation? (I just replaced the Jam file)

Thanks for your help!

RobExplorien

Just letting you know that I'm not ignoring your post, but I'm afraid I don't know the solution to this. LEGORacers.icd is for the copy protection, right? Which LR version do you have? I can't find this file in my LR installation directory, then again I have the 2001 version running diskless on my PC. And when I look at >this topic then it looks like this is one of the differences between the 1999 and 2001 version. Maybe someone else has more experience with this issue who could help you out further.

JrMasterModelBuilder

Just letting you know that I'm not ignoring your post, but I'm afraid I don't know the solution to this. LEGORacers.icd is for the copy protection, right? Which LR version do you have? I can't find this file in my LR installation directory, then again I have the 2001 version running diskless on my PC. And when I look at >this topic then it looks like this is one of the differences between the 1999 and 2001 version. Maybe someone else has more experience with this issue who could help you out further.

Most-likely it's because the 1999 version will crash given the 2001 JAM archive contents. I've added a note on this to that topic.

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

Yeah, I don't think distributing just a compiled JAM will work for everyone, because different versions, as I believe JMMB was just saying.

• Like 1

RobExplorien

So an extracted .JAM should do the trick? Anyway, I have updated the link to a .zip with the extracted .JAM.

• 3 weeks later...
Noob Slayer

Is there any way we can get rid of the sound of driving on sand and grass? Cause the AI doesn't have those sounds either.
It's a great mod so far but getting rid of that would make it PERFECT. Also, can we change the textures on the minimap? Changing the green triangle to a blue dot or red dot and vice versa?

RobExplorien

Is there any way we can get rid of the sound of driving on sand and grass? Cause the AI doesn't have those sounds either.

It's a great mod so far but getting rid of that would make it PERFECT. Also, can we change the textures on the minimap? Changing the green triangle to a blue dot or red dot and vice versa?

I believe the former is possible, I'll look into it.

One thing I'd still like to alter though (which is not included in the download), is to change the green arrow on the minimap into a blue dot, the way your minor opponents appear on it.

But I don't know how to mod that.

• Like 1

Shadowblaze

Thanks!

I am sorry to say it, but even if your post was constructive criticism, it is spam, as it contains just one word. Maybe you could expand it a bit, saying what you like about this amazing mod. :thumbsup:

Noob Slayer

Oh yes I do love the mod! I tried for months to get rid of the skid and crash sounds and head tilt but never could. It's an excellent mod, for sure!

I think I discovered how. It's in the courses. If you go to the RACEC0R0 folder for Royal Knights Raceway, there'll be a file called LEVC0R0.SBK. It has PCM files in it, such as bird1.pcm, blah, blah, blah. I wonder what taking out the file signifying the sound of the grass would do?

Full list:

bird1.pcm

bird2.pcm

bird3.pcm

crick.pcm

frog1.pcm

frog2.pcm

grassgd.pcm

penhit.pcm

penswish.pcm

tun01.pcm

tun02.pcm

tun03.pcm

watbub.pcm

watflo.pcm

owl1.pcm

river.pcm

watfall.pcm

wolfie.pcm

EDIT: Seems to have done the trick. No sound of grass on Royal Knights Raceway.

• 3 months later...
Gall E. McOxbig

This isn't working for me and unfortunately, I have the 1999 version. If someone could give me a link for a free download of the 2001 version, I will be extremely grateful.  :D - Gall85423

This isn't working for me and unfortunately, I have the 1999 version. If someone could give me a link for a free download of the 2001 version, I will be extremely grateful.  :D - Gall85423

Paul Chuckle! Where's Barry?

We don't give out links to downloads of full games here.

Have you extracted your JAM file and copied the mod's files into the right place?

The 1999 version is best for modding btw... You don't have to recompile the JAM.

There is the requirement of having the disc always in your PC to play it though... I used unSafeDisc to remove that. (Find that yourself :P)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.