Old Adventurers Stop Motion Animation

emily

Something I made back in 2008 that I thought might be amusing enough to share. The video description has more details.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MQIwMy8Uyk&feature=youtu.be

At 0:56 it becomes a ABS bloodbath. Do you mind me asking your former self what the heck it was thinking then?

Johnny's tough enough to take a lot of damage - I'm sure he'll build himself right back up.

Not sure if you're referring to Dr. Lightning, too. He's supposed to be jumping off of the boat to safety.

The real reason is because explosions are funny, I guess?

Holy moly, I certainly wasn't expecting that level of violence. You should probably stick an '18-Rated' tag on it.

I will say that the plot was incredibly well thought out, though. The actors were brilliant - and of course Johnny Thunder deserves an Oscar for his performance - and the props department did an excellent job. The boat was wonderfully constructed too, and the set was just fantastic.

All in all, my rating is...

Johnny/10

It's so off the scale, it's not even on the scale!

ProfessorBrickkeeper

All in all, my rating is...

Johnny/10

It's so off the scale, it's not even on the scale!

Now we just need a Legos in space game based on this.

The soundtrack was also incredibly fitting for what was being portrayed and it helped add a deeper level of emotional immersion for the audience. The majestic scenic backdrops and the high end VFX used for the water was also quite incredibly. Also, please, do disclose your trade secret for how you made such a simply stunning intro sequence leading up to that iconic logo of the franchise which we have grown to know and love?

• Like 2

Also, please, do disclose your trade secret for how you made such a simply stunning intro sequence leading up to that iconic logo of the franchise which we have grown to know and love?

I assure you, I haven't enfranchised Adventurers' Boat. Yet.

I'm not even sure how that would work, actually. Would I, like, let franchisees remake the film as closely as possible to the original and sell their own versions? Let them operate a store exclusively selling copies of the film? I'm not sure that franchising works in this context.

And now I've lost my train of thought. Hopefully I've managed to answer all of your questions with this absolutely 100% serious post!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.